Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    As much as some dislike Trump I admire his ability to cut through the bull and say things without the candy coating.
    Several countries are working on a vaccine incl., Canada, Israel, China, US and more. Hope it happens sooner then later.

• GreenState
    replied
    While that punk NBC reporter was attempting to bait the president with loaded questions, trump did seem upbeat on the possible results of using an already approved drug hydroxychloroquine. I imagine it's being tried off label as we speak. Might be potential.
    A trial has been ongoing since Feb., and one would think they'd have some data in hand by now. So maybe we can have a bit of optimism. I'm aware of 3 drug companies that have already announced a manufacture ramp up of hydroxychloroquine.
    NIH trial link https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04261517

https://www.ajc.com/news/what-hydrox...LAECtNmhyRLsO/
    Last edited by GreenState; 03-21-2020, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I'd call that essential supplies...

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Damn straight!

• StillHigh1982
    replied
    Everyone bought up all the toilet paper, meanwhile in rural Michigan these are priorities
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    an heroic amount, i like how that sounds

• smoorman
    replied
    "I might turn my computer off for a while. I've done a personally heroic amount of Do-si-do shatter. Get some Phish and Beats Antique." Lolol

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Horse and buggies don't need no bailout. Used to be the only option after walking. Gold don't need none neither. It will always have value anywhere in the world. Silver's another one. All you makers of your own ammo... get to collecting lead. The old tire balancer weight things on a car's tires are made of lead. The new ones are not. Coins will be used as blunderbuss ammo. Banks will be the new TP dispensaries.
    A couple other airline companies are shipping companies. FedEx and UPS rely on shipping, rather than moving people. Remember me when the shipping companies start moving people through their own airlines.
    Invest in FedEx and UPS. Throw me a bone when you become a millionaire. Actually, invest in all similar shipping companies and throw me two bones.
    If you're in the 'drug' business, you're going to hurt because, at a bottom level, drug addicts won't have anything to steal because there won't be anything. Functional addicts won't have their addiction, nor the functionality they had before, being jobless. Occasional users are going to start drinking. Trap houses are going to be overstocked because there won't be any money to spend. Your favorite illicit drug will be dime-a-dozen. Cartels are way going to hurt. Rehabs will empty because of contamination concerns. Crazy folk in the those of withdrawal will be crazier.
    If'n you want to hoard something, hoard weed seeds, a couple backup lights, grow media, and all the things you need to grow. Pass the dutchie pan on the left hand side. That means spread your seed. If you're holding, don't hold out. Nudge-nudge.

I might turn my computer off for a while. I've done a personally heroic amount of Do-si-do shatter. Get some Phish and Beats Antique.

Because of the street I live on, I hear several sirens a day. I don't know if I've heard two in the last three. Less and less traffic. What there is is probably military.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    A - fuckin - men!!!! SoOrbudgal

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I'm in total agreement with you smoorman. Not long ago we bailed out f-ing banks and airlines i'm still pissed at that.

• smoorman
    replied
    There will be no paying back of the $1000. It will be means tested as it should. I personally think that that the entire amount allotted for this handout (stimulus) should be distributed to people or households with incomes of less than 40K. The fracking industry or for that matter the entire oil industry should not receive a dime. Don't let Boeing go under but the banks they are indebted to should take a haircut on this one.
    Small business bailouts? Sure. With well defined qualifications. Banks? They were supposed to have been stress tested just to stay in existence. Well guess what? It's showtime!.
    As for the media, turn it off if it freaks you out or really analyse it to determine whats significant and whats not. Where I'm at in MI all the stuff that disappeared from the shelves is starting to show back up again. I can go buy eggs, milk, canned goods, water Etc. Did it yesterday. Stocking of the shelves seems to be the biggest problem. Rant over, need to feed the plants.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Our Province declared a state of emergency and people are in a sort of frenzy to obtain goods of any type.I know where to go to get deer, moose just a short drive from me so we will not go hungry. Have a backup genset, growing greens as well. This all seems sureal.

• Rwise
    replied
    First death in Tulsa is a 55 YO priest, how many folks did he shack hands with? He also worked at ORU (university)
    And there are 2 children under 4 YO that are positive. We are out of the shit to do the test and they are sending some out of state for testing. Now they are only testing those at high risk and those that show all the symptoms. They have even said we will not have real and accurate states on this because of the lack of testing available.
    Me Myself and I think the media needs to back off a little, they are scaring the hell out of folks that listen. They think they can control every aspect of our lives, they can not. They think they can control this virus they can not, it is going to spreed and mutate as it does so. Obviously it is now affecting young folks too.
    I have said this will get bad, but not why. It is going to get bad because of the freaked out people. The ammo shops have bare shelves, the suppliers are out and the MFG has no inventory to sell. (stuff that only sold maybe 1 per month has been 20 per day, expensive shit too) The grocery stores also have bare shelves, is from over demand or under supply?
    The good for me side is fuel prices are down, though I am not sure I want to go buy it! LOL
    I will be getting the fishing poles ready, the wild greens will be up very shortly, just butchered some rabbits (Flemish giant x giant chinchilla), new litter just born, chickens are laying eggs and 1 about to set, I wont go hungry!

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    The young lady at the store said this is normal shopping, ya right. If it is not panic buying it is a shortage of supply, which is worse?
    I agree!

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    yeah, not very diff from saving food for the winter every year, we need to save food and energy for other kinds of hard times but still the same human concern

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X