• Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    RagWeedDWC JohnEmad @Rwise

Deep, my friends, it's deep. We are indeed a virus. We are a herpes sore on Mother Nature's face, all over her body, actually. No, I don't think we are those humans: I think we are facing reality with as much rational thought and behavior as possible. That don't mean we don't feel fear: who wouldn't feel fear?

For me, the planet IS Mother Nature: the planet is our direct, immediate relationship to M.N., who is the entire cosmos. I mean, if the cosmos ain't nature, then what???? Yes: she's being tortured, defiled, and murdered. But she won't die, and this gives me great comfort. If we drove ourselves extinct, M.N. would start the process of cleaning up, getting all the poison out of her system, back into health and equilibrium. It gives me great comfort to know this.

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise same here that and curb side service.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I certainly view our planet as a living creature, and we poke it, prod it, dig into it, dump waist on it in around it, suck its blood out. We multiply like crazy over populating areas, and spread like a virus. I could not prove we are not a virus!

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    The parks close as of today, no more B-Ball games, playgrounds etc., the boat ramps, walking trails are open, just keep your distance!

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    I must be from another planet. I can't be one of those humans. Nooooo!

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    We are a virus..… We will mutate, change and keep ripping the earth apart.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    ima make myself one of those signs

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    ChefSheri Unfortunately it's true. Humans have been terrible shepherds.

• ChefSheri
    commented on 's reply
    And Mother Earth will breathe a huge sigh of relief . . .

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Now that is original!

• alltatup
    replied
    Rwise Yes, the hysteria is kinda freaky. But in my view of the world, these are all the people who've been asleep throughout life, completely happy being ignorant about what's really going on, or ignoring it.

I was thinking last night while I was very high, that in a way, this is Mother Nature performing the inevitable because of the destruction we have wrought on her. We have created conditions where this was bound to happen--experts who research viruses have said all along that pandemics are inevitable.

And see what happens? The environment begins to get a break from all sources of pollution. People will die, but this won't be the pandemic that effects the human population profoundly, like the bubonic plague did in the 14th century, killing 60% of the entire population in Europe. Some future pandemic will have a much higher mortality rate than covid-19.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    RagWeedDWC Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1494.JPG Views:	0 Size:	185.2 KB ID:	388123 This one was at the Daytona beach marina, had to snap a pic, loved the home port
    Last edited by GreenState; 03-26-2020, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Crazy here also Rwise even our no one disaster index is starting to have issues (Waffle House Closures). People who are use to having shortages during hurricane season and have "Hurricane lockers" are starting to sweat when the Waffle house closes.
    But the boat ramps are still open :-) and we all will get thru this.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Get back to work by Easter, not going to happen! You cant slow it down and rush it at the same time.
    I am not afraid of this virus, but the hysteria scares me. Either people are scared shitless over this, or there is a supply issue, one of these explain the bare shelves at the stores, maybe both. I buy a months supply at a time 'cept for some fresh veggies/fruits, I am not sure if the items I need/want to buy are going to be on the shelf when I do go (I ran out of sausage, went to 2 stores to find any). And its not like the fake oil shortage was (pumps were turned off, tanks were full), the farmers are still farming as far as I know, so where's it going?
    I am also seeing price gouging at the store, Jimmy Dean sausage $5.50 a lb! I got the Farmland at 0.99 and Williams at 2.99. I thought I would pick up an extra sack of beans, not even, I did get the last 2 bags of rice!
    Some of the food banks have also closed, hope those folks can find something to get them by!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X