Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    2 negative covid-19 tests and I extreme positive LYME test...5 th time Lyme positive and active.30 day of doxycycline this is a pita as has been 5 other years. Hard to hide in the house when you live in the deep woods.. gotta spray more routinely

• smoorman
    replied
    Got my flu, pneumonia and shingles (first shot) and have been taking 4K iu of D3 daily. I've got some dental tourism to Mexico coming up. It'll be an adventure. I like adventure.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Vitamin D is a huge benefit for many and thank you for the post. PNW has a high deficiency, so when ever i can I garden in the nude like John Denver did except i don't allow pictures to be taken nope won't see me so no use flying the drones LOL

• GreenState
    replied
    Think I had posted an article regarding Vit. D being beneficial with regards to Covid-19...A bit more info/study(190,000 people who had been screened )..take your vitamin D!
    here's the study SARS-CoV-2 positivity rates associated with circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels

and a UPI article talking about the study results:

Vitamin D deficiency increases COVID-19 risk by more than 50%
    A large study confirmed that vitamin D can help defense against COVID-19 -- deficiencies in the nutrient can increase coronavirus risk by more than 50%, researchers report. Photo by PublicDomainPictures/Pixabay

Sept. 17 (UPI) -- Vitamin D deficiency increases a person's risk for getting infected with COVID-19 by more than 50%, research published Thursday in the journal PLOS ONE found.

In a study of more than 190,000 people who had been screened for COVID-19, nearly 13% of those with lower-than-recommended levels of the nutrient tested positive for the coronavirus, the data showed.

Conversely, just over 8% of those with "adequate" vitamin D levels and 6% of those with high levels had COVID-19, according to the researchers.

Overall, the researchers found people with "deficient" levels of vitamin D were at 54% higher risk of having the coronavirus.

RELATED Vitamin D deficiency raises COVID-19 infection risk by 77%, study finds

"Simply going to your local pharmacy, purchasing a vitamin D supplement and taking it as directed can significantly reduce your risk for getting this deadly disease," study co-author Dr. Michael F. Holick told UPI.

"That's as good, if not better, than what any potential vaccine will do in terms of protection," said Holick, a professor of physiology, biophysics and molecular medicine at Boston University.

Vitamin D is thought to boost immune system function, and recent research has suggested it may help protect against respiratory infections, like the flu and the new coronavirus.

RELATED Vitamin D doesn't ease childhood asthma, study shows

The Endocrine Society recommends that infants and children get 400 to 1,000 international units, or IUs, of vitamin D daily, while teens and adults should consume as much as 1,500 to 2,000 IUs per day.

Research suggests that up to 40% of people have vitamin D deficiency, while up to 60% have insufficient levels of the nutrient, said Holick, who chaired the committee that authored the recommendations.

For most people, exposure to sunlight is their primary source of the nutrient, and most people in the northern United States are unable to produce sufficient levels in their skin from November through mid-March, due to lack of sunlight, he said.

RELATED Vitamin D cuts colitis risk in cancer patients on immunotherapy by 65%

Even a typical healthy diet doesn't provide sufficient levels, he said.

The only foods rich in vitamin D are mushrooms exposed to sunlight, cod liver oil and wild-caught oily fish like salmon, according to Holick, who said he uses supplements to increase his intake to 6,000 IUs daily and has all of his patients taking in 3,000 IUs per day.

"A glass of milk only has 100 IUs of vitamin D," he said.

RELATED Vitamin D may improve odds of survival from COVID-19

In their analysis, Holik and his colleagues found that 12.5% of people with less than 20 nanograms per milliliter of vitamin D in their blood -- defined as "deficient" -- tested positive for COVID-19, while 8.1% of those with 30 to 34 nanograms per milliliter -- or "adequate" -- had the virus.

Overall, 5.9% of people with higher levels -- 55 nanograms per milliliter or more -- of vitamin D in their blood tested positive for COVID-19, the data showed.

In a separate analysis, using population data for vitamin D levels based on zip codes, deficiency was more common in areas with higher Black American and Hispanic American populations, the researchers said.

These same areas had higher COVID-19 infection rates -- 16% for Black American majority zip codes and 13% for Hispanic American majority zip codes -- than those with majority White American -- 7% -- populations, they said.

"With the inevitable second wave that's coming, this is a compelling reason for all Americans to improve their vitamin D status," Holick said.
    Last edited by GreenState; 09-18-2020, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    I am finding it so amazing that these people remain so blind to the realities of current conditions....I keep thinking of you guys in OK...

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Just talked to my MD friend in Austin: lots of the new cases in TX are younger people who couldn't stay away from bars.

• Rwise
    replied
    WOW more than 34000 new cases in one day! And 2 peps have tested positive that attended the rally in Tulsa, with almost no one wearing a mask!
    I will continue to stay the F*~ away from others, wear my face filter every where I do have to go. The worst is yet to come.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Several countries (Hispanic America ) have the US on a no entry list currently, why I'm not fishing at the moment. Virus primarily is the reason, but once you set in a bar made from the AC that was shot down (Crashed) carrying weapons for the Contra you wonder just what the FUG we are doing.
    Sunset Destination for Lunch & Dinner in Paradise Breathtaking Sunsets | El Avión Restaurante | Provincia di Puntarenas

Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 06-24-2020, 10:09 AM. Reason: Added link for the Bar

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I know who that is, he was here a few days ago! I also know why the house was not packed! The real deal is young voters got tickets with no intention of going so the house would not be packed, it worked.

• alltatup
    replied
    So we're basically saying that white supremecists have shit for brains? I'll vape to that...

A super-religious, super-phony and clearly racist neighbor lady was telling me a couple of weeks ago that "everyone's afraid of people who look different"; I wanted to ask her, How? Three ears and one eye? Mouth on the forehead and nose on the chin? What do you mean, "look different"? Instead I just said, I'm not, and she hurried away on her walk.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Obi-Wan Agreed, except for one thing: the US never funded revolutions, but funded lots of military coups and military dictatorships all over Latin America. US military trained killers to murder nuns and revolutionaries in El Salvador like there was no tomorrow...

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup Shhhhh!!!! You’re speaking of our country’s worst kept secrets. How will we ever continue our elitist nationalism when the rest of the world finds out we can’t take care of our own?(implied sarcasm)

As growers some of us take for granted basic necessities like electricity, running water, and proper waste disposal systems. Unfortunately these basic necessities aren’t available in far too many areas of our country because “ the cost of providing them is too great”, meanwhile we fund revolutions in the name of democracy in other countries.

I’m all for a better world, but perhaps the elitist powers that be in the USA should be more focused fixing the problems within our own borders.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Your welcome Obi-Wan

Leave a comment:

• Obi-Wan
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a serious disease that has infected far too many worldwide since the dawn of human kind. We still don’t have a vaccine or a cure for “Shit for Brains”. Thank you for doing your part to raise awareness!!!

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I know just heard about this LOL . Very political now days. There is no color that would stop it as we know, just silly blown out stupid "order" i sure hope all people use the mask in areas with close contacts. Common sense and no voo doo science. Click image for larger version

Name:	00808_f4m2tq9ogza_08409q_600x450.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	420647 Shit for brains politicians & news reporters.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X