Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Local fast food places only do drive through and delivery. Every damn place that sells food delivers.

• alltatup
    replied
    We are coming to the end of another day. I went to the city to Whole Foods this morning for the first time in weeks, got there around 8:45, it was pretty empty, and me and the other shoppers gave each other wide berth, though I tried to smile at people. It's funny how people avoid eye contact, like it's gonna give you covid-19 to smile at someone and say howdy.

USA cases and deaths:
    Mar 20 17,303 221
    Mar 21 19,624 260
    Mar 22 26,747 340
    Mar 23 43,963 560
    Mar 24 46,450-52,145 593-677
    I'm really hoping that these numbers reflect the positive effects of most people sheltering in place, staying home. It would be nice to think that the slowed-down climb from Mar 23 to today means that we did do the right thing in pretty good time. However, I could be totally wrong, with the numbers climbing for the next few weeks. But I'm trying to be realistic and hope for the best: that people keep doing the right thing and shelter in place. Gimme shelter.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Waffle house has Curb Side.... go figure, strange times

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    "It's not completely possible nor probable I heard or am making up" I'm going to have to steal this, perfect for the times.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Welp I got some family coming for dinner this afternoon. She's a Physician Assistant he's a trucker they are quite the fun family she'll be telling me all sorts of shit from the Dr. she works under and what's happening in her MD practice. OK well gotta go peel taters, mixup my gravy fixins, cut my beans up and put the big ass chicken in the oven. They're bringing the wine yep staying in !

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    The auto repair shop that just got bought and turned into a smog only station. The one down below. You know the one.
    One of the owners is... on the border corralling a surge of people getting over since they can't get through the border crossing. ICE is not arresting nor detaining any of them. They get put on a bus. When the bus is full, it heads for a place the people go back.
    Repair shop owner says it's quite an activity.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    The lowest I've seen is $2.99. Gawd love the EPA and California's 'special' gas.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    I saw $1.39 today and heard it was $1.10 about 30 miles away.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    gas went down 20% here too

• ChefSheri
    commented on 's reply
    Amen, SoOrbudgal. Right now we need 'em.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Fast food places are only doing drive-thru. Gas prices have already hid below $3.00. Maybe I should buy a car.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    yesterday i ordered some groceries to be home delivered as i usually do from the supermarket, the delivery guy came 4 hours later with the stuff, so i asked if orders are going up because of the situation, he responded "ohh yeah... people that ordered yesterday are still not getting their things today, but im prioritizing the regular costumers over the new ones" so i felt very privileged and fortunate that they want to remain loyal to their loyal costumers, but i also feel kinda bad because i know there are people that may need the delivery service more than me, like someone sick or lonely seniors. anyway just wanted to share and i hope everyone is doing fine

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I have good neighbors, and I have methhead neighbors, neither of those would touch my plants, its the fucking thieves that I would have to deal with. Most of those know I am a long hair with a big gun and sharp shovel. Further I know where the soft soil is. My other home is off gird, solar power, rain water feed, I may just have to toss out some autos over there.

Leave a comment:

• ChefSheri
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Farmall -- funny thing is, we had THOSE neighbors too, and they too moved away. Their house is sitting empty next to mine (3 yrs now), and I'd love to plant a crop in that backyard; it's much more private than mine! It helps that we're near the end of a dead-end street, and most of our neighbors are 55+ and all pretty cool. Their teenaged grandkids stealing my plants? THAT I'd worry about.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    How would that friendly greeting go if they each reached for the last roll of toilet paper.... ‘ oh sorry, you take it, no...you take it “. Hmmm

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X