Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    and the cop pulls you over... "where you going sir, we are on lockdown" you reply "im just going to get some essentials, TP, food, weed..." and he says "ohh carry on sir, theres a dispensary couple miles down the road"... "thanks officer have a good one"

• WeirdWiredWolf
    replied
    MA isn't under a lockdown yet, but everything nonessential has shut down. Luckily our favorite 'farmstand' a few towns away is open; the drive is worth it to get actual produce. The governor's ban on nonessential travel has one upside; I can legitimately tell a clingy, anxious friend that she shouldn't come over. The girl is obsessed with everything coronavirus and if I try to change the subject it winds up circling back after about 5 minutes. I've also paid for about $50 of her share of food when we order in; she still lives with her parents and rarely pays for anything unless she has to (like eating in/ordering separately where I force her to split the check or order her own)

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Until the local Facebook gossip groups started fussing, people were going to the local sandbar and just relaxing and keeping distance. Then the spring breakers hit, filled the sandbar with party and dance and the local constable and the FBGG went into high gear.
    Now they are talking about closing the marinas and the boat ramps.... Hello!!!!!! Some folks actually have to still work and make a living on the water, the local guides are shut down, no clients but that does not mean the shrimpers(Folks who use a boat to catch shrimp, not the other shrimping), crabbers need to kickback with their feet up.
    Young folks (Including me when I was young, Bull Riding, Marines, etc) are all bullet proof, and your right, its not the young we are worried about, its old farts like me.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Well OK is locking down us old folks until the end of April, food and meds only, in affected counties. Now my county is not on that list yet, but I have to go through an affected county to get out! I dont know if thats ok or not, I guess they have to catch me. I will be going out in a few days for the monthly shopping, food animal feed, her meds. The grow shop I like is in Tulsa, cant go there. So I will make do with what I have on hand.
    They tell us the count will jump but it does not mean anything 'cept they now have more tests.
    And the 15 days is BS, that will be extended, looks more like August to me..
    Fuel 0.99 per gallon in OKC yesterday ~1.50 in Tulsa
    I have a large yard to keep me busy at home.

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Seeing the numbers now coming out of Louisiana, one has to wonder how Madi gra is playing into those.
    The Florida governor continues to amaze me with his ineptness, look at Broward county numbers for example. Madi Gra = spring breakers.
    But I am surprised with the florida numbers overall, they seem low to me for the population of the state. Perhaps an effect of warmer, more humid weather? Far more test results coming in now, new and backlogged, so they should rise rapidly due to additional data, imo.
    Vermont got the order yesterday from the governor, stay at home order effective today at 5:00pm.
    Last edited by GreenState; 03-25-2020, 06:31 AM.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    They told us yesterday the numbers are about to jump but it means nothing except they now have more tests. Hmmmm

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    well said OJH,
    My wife and I are going to forest areas and taking hikes. We have seen others out there but there is no close contact unless you consider 50 to 100 yards close..

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    I have a friend who I took fishing when he was a kid now in his 20s sends me a picture of 3 huge Trout he just caught (he did drop off some fillets yum yum) I asked him about the corvid 19 he said he didn't believe all the stories . I said well buddy how would you feel if you caught it and didn't know it, before you show any symtems you could off given it to mom,dad nana ,grampa, and all your relations ,hes a good kid and replied I didn't think of that . I would love to go fishing maybe a little brook somewhere hmm
    that brings up another point shelter at home does not mean your inside the whole time you can go out just by yourself lol

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I make sure to practice my archery in plain view if I stand at the top of the drive way I have a 50 yard shot. and they all notice that lol . the only 2 people I had to worry about one passed away and the other moved ,the one that moved took half a plant one year so now they stay in a green house covered in chain link and on camera ,veggies you can have but not my weed lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    If you keep them low and wide they blend right in with the veggies

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    The gullible have a ever expanding bag for it all.

• starramus
    replied
    "We are coming to the end of another day. I went to the city to Whole Foods this morning for the first time in weeks, got there around 8:45, it was pretty empty, and me and the other shoppers gave each other wide berth, though I tried to smile at people. It's funny how people avoid eye contact, like it's gonna give you covid-19 to smile at someone and say howdy."

It is far more dangerous now than it was a number of weeks ago. Especially considering that many forum member are of advanced age. My solution is to order online from Walmart, and pick it up the next day. It is a free service they have been offering for some time. You need not even get out of your car as they will load your entire purchase. Additionally your signature is not required. the loader will sign his pad for you. No physical contact whatsoever. The only downside is that in light of the flagrant hording you may get a number of substitutions instead of what you actually wanted. I had 9 subs, but kept them all. It is hard to say when the peak infections will arrive. Best to play it safe, and stock up whatever you can get your hands on. I prefer shopping at other chains, but they do not offer this free service. https://grocery.walmart.com/

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Spending time where I do, I am on a first name basis with several OG types. A few MS-13 tats. Lots of recyclers. Two guys have shown me scars on their arms where they were taken down by a police dog. A Belgian malinois. Dabber is half malinois and half German shepherd. But we're all good.

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    You have my (the owner's) express, written permission to do so RagWeedDWC. Feed our paranoias and suspicions that may not be completely possible...

• starramus
    replied

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X