This was pointed out to me a few minutes ago
    1420 - black death
    1520 - small pox
    1620 - hepatitis
    1720 - plague
    1820 - cholera
    1920 - Spanish flu
    2020 - corona virus

is there a 100 year cycle of people purging?

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Who can believe Trump? What are the Chinese lying about?

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Yep we got a lot of those doodie heads stumbling around downtown LOL

• JohnEmad
    replied
    According to the Corona map put out by John Hopkins the infection rate is climbing by 60K a day. Also according to some experts there are possibly 5 to 10 times more infected then reported due to lack of testing etc. In spite of trying to control it ( who can believe the Chinese???) it may be that letting it run its course worldwide is inevitable and the medical will be over run no matter what we try to do.
    I still see groups of people meeting in close quarters in public.
    Still it is great to see so few cars on the road. I think the stars are actually looking brighter in the night sky with less smog in our atmosphere.
    If a person looks into the fossil fuels and petro chemical use with an open mind it quickly becomes apparent that this modern civilization cannot exist without it. In fact all the extra carbon being released into the environment actually helps plants grow better. However I say to those who love oil and gas to stick your face next to the exhaust of a vehicle powered by a combustion engine and breath deep. Not a good outcome.
    Enjoy the fresh air and the freedoms we still have while you can.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    A few days ago I am sure I heard a military convoy going into Tulsa from OKC. I can hear the traffic on the Turner turnpike (I-44) and know the dif tween cars and trucks. These were a lot of large trucks that made an unusual amount of noise to close to each other to be truckers, and to many of them. My thought is they are on their way to the NY area to lock it down, the pres backed off until the players are in place, then it's military rule.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    PT shortage does not make any since, did we stop cutting trees? Did we stop recycling paper? Is Kimberly Clark shut down? And I can get by without them, all I use PTs for is to hold my breakfast sandwich! I can wash a dish!
    These shortages are what scare me, hungry people will do bad things in order to eat/feed their kids! I am hearing gun shots every day now, ammo to burn, I wont be wasting mine that way!
    alltatup if I tell you where I live, will you still talk to me?

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise agree with that....but why after 10 days already, there are no paper towels on shelves and only a few items of each on store shelves. There are MAJOR supermarket chains all over the area... I would joke with my wife for the last year and tell her I was shopping in Russia.... they don’t have “X”. We’d laugh and go find it somewhere else... not lately...no one has fucking paper towels...

• Farmall
    replied
    Hmm, so you are a radical? I have to say starramus ...none of what you have said over the years seems outrageous to me. I too believe that economic classes in our country are so highly divided intentionally and, the ruling few over the following MANY continue to gain more power under the current administration and without change, my grandchildren are in trouble. I keep telling my kids to train theirs in economic skills that exceed any current abilities of the most recognized powerful people today.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Oh ya, hot BB pie or cobbler with a scope of vanilla ice cream on top.

I have been foraging here since I was a small child, Mom would get up and find foil, butter salt and pepper missing, Richard wont be back for days! When I couldn't take my own smell I went home took a shower, and off the next morning. We ate good too, tree rat, fish, frogs, berries, there is food out there in them woods!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise, the foraging sounds wonderful! Wherever you live, that's the place to be right now! Me, I'm just glad I'm in a small town away from large urban centers. Folks in NYC can't get near nature no way no how right now.

• starramus
    replied
    It might be apparent to some that I follow the economy extensively. In the economic media you will often hear the term working class. However the non working class are never mentioned. Have you ever pondered why that is? Would that be a prima facie confession? The usual law for the working class is work, or die. However with T-Rump's agitation to get the economy raring to go by Easter that rule has morphed into work, and die.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-29 Imgur.png Views:	0 Size:	489.6 KB ID:	389264
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03...nd-capitalism/

Last edited by starramus; 03-29-2020, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    My wife could certainly get into those black berries. One of her fondest memories is picking black berries with her grandmother in the Catskills. Fresh and hot blackberry pie the ultimate result. Unfortunately we won't be making any trips to NY state in the near future...not even upstate NY.

• Rwise
    replied
    I did not think the quarantine would hold up, there was way to many yelling thats not legal you cant do that. Well I dont want to be told I have to stay home either, but in this case I think we should all listen and watch the mailbox/bank account for the stimulus check to come in. I have been staying home since this started spreading, doing as few trips out as possible. I can say I did not expect the shelves to go bare, and I have not heard a damn thing about why, is it a delivery issue? That is what I suspect, well I hope in another week there will be some food on the shelves as it will be time for my monthly shop.
    And for more beds, Trump Tower works for me! The hotels/motels are pretty much empty and could be utilized all across the land. We do have the resources to get through this, at leas we should have food to feed the masses.
    I will be out picking wild greens later today, watching for mushrooms etc. Most years I make blackberry wine from 2 patches of berries. Patch one bares every other year, wild berries. The second patch was bread up by a relative for its thorns but also makes a very nice berry. I get 30 lbs of berries from each of these patches, and this is the year for the wild berry to produce. My issue this year is do I make wine or eat them? I have cases of BB wine.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Damn shame he cant stand up and hold his ground on this! He had gain support, this may knock him back down!

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I see Mullein up, I'll watch the elderberry for flowers, and I have the snake root too, not flowering yet! Are you using the root or the flower of the snake root? (also called purple cone flower here).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X