Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah Buddy!!!! The kindest thing you can do to a telemarketer is hang up & let them move on to the nxt call. Keepin em on the line & givin a fake card number is called "gittin stroked" & they git ribbed pretty good 😂

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    By the way they have a vaccine for lung cancer.

• starramus
    replied
    The little brave country that has been besmirched, blockaded, terrorized may be the savior of the world. http://blog.yalebooks.com/2020/03/12...ting-covid-19/ How many assassination attempts were there against Fidel? How many CIA attempts to ransack their economy? The US has spent trillions poked down the throat of the bloated military industrial complex with one mission to kill their fellow man As i have often said DEATH is America's number 1 export. All the while Fidel invested in education, doctors, medical research a boon to the world at large.

The extraordinary account of the Cuban people’s struggle for survival in a post-Soviet world In the aftermath of the fall of the Soviet Union, Cuba faced ...
    Last edited by starramus; 03-31-2020, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Gingerbeard And the best part...they don't even get to tax it!

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Cool starramus. I'm going to be growing some great weed on the G's dime.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    What I see here is a lot of stupid people that just dont care about you, me or them selves. Like a group of bikers at a local bar, shut down, or drag queens at a club also shut down with tickets ($100 fine), kids at playgrounds, yep shut down. In Tulsa you cannot have 2 people in your yard, stay inside. Every other home can go outside to exercise, parks closed.
    I am taking this seriously, many are not. June is the expected peak here, not the recovery date.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    smoorman It was a pretty brutal, but successful treatment. Typically one was on the drugs for 48 weeks, I was a slow responder (as shown from the pcr tests), so my gastro doc (at Dartmouth in NH) boosted up the ribavirin to very high levels (1600mg/day) and we both decided to extend my treatment to 72 weeks. I didn't miss a day of work, luckily self employed so could pace myself. My HGB ran below 10 throughout treatment, talk about ass dragging. I as well was very involved with my treatment and research. Honestly, I had as much knowledge as they did. I was fortunate to chose Dartmouth for my treatment ,being a teaching hospital and involved in a lot of drug studies, they had no problem prescribing off label doses...In the end SVR, undetectable.
    Another blessing, I had quit drinking 12 years before finding out I had HCV, so my liver biopsy looked pretty good.
    Glad you got the new drugs, what a difference now. This is some of the reason I don't jump on the bad pharma band wagon, they saved my ass at a cost of around $225,000! (just the blood test alone were astronomical, weekly draws for the first to months, every 2 weeks for many month after and finally once a month) Vertex is the one who got screwed on drug development, technology/better drugs hopscotched them. They spent $4 billion on trying to bring their drug to market and got zilch for it.
    All the best and be well!

• smoorman
    replied
    GreenState
    "I spent 72 weeks on Peg-interferon (plus high dose ribavirin). I can tell you, Interferon is no picnic and not for the weak. I'd thought about ribavirin as a possible treatment for covid-19, but it has to build up in your system and destroys your HGB and RBC levels"

Years ago (14 or so) I went to donate blood and was informed I was HVC positive. I asked the DR. what to do and he said not to do anything right now. At that point it wasn't showing damage to my liver and he said the cure was almost worse than the disease. He told me there was some stuff on the horizon that would be much better. He was referring to what you had been through. Same drug not sure about the disease.
    I ended up waiting and along comes Harvoni. 14 weeks of once daily pills. Gone like it was never there. Felt normal during treatment. That combo you mentioned has been known to kill people and a great number quit because of side effects. And in most cases it was only 30-70% effective. I made a spreadsheet and tracked my liver panel results and watched as everything went from being out of range to being within normal limits. All of this for only $185,000. I had a $20 total co-pay. India told Gilead that they were going to make the drug whether or not they had permission. Total cost there including profit is $300 in India. I believe Gilead is one of the companies racing for a treatment right now.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like the majority of us are going to be government supported folks for some time to come.

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Our pimp in chief while blowing off this man killer has dragged his feet for weeks. It is too late for him to change his tune. What good is testing now that the virus has made the most inroads in the entire world right here.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Hey at least you didn't show to be pregnant!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent; now you can get back to abusing drugs...

• JohnEmad
    replied
    I am relieved your politicians are finally understand the severity of the situation in the US. At least the Trump has changed his tune.
    Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• SmashGuitar
    commented on 's reply
    That’s hilarious!

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Just got my test results back, I'm good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1584486377366.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	390093

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X