Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple Envy, Chemdog Millionaire & Bud Bud Bling Tingz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    But do you get it? Kipling? Take up the white man's munchie?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    PaganRich Did you see the poem I wrote for you on the Munchies thread?

• PaganRich
    replied
    Heat is the fickle fiend that is jumping up and down repeatedly on my nuts with size 12 Doc Martens which might explain the way I`m walking at the moment. Looked into the running costs of AC...coming in far too expensive for me to justify. One day though. Did think about CO2 but figured I`d probably take myself and my neighbours off this mortal coil if I mucked about with it. Either that or just plain blow the house up.
    Anyway, for first grows very happy with how Purple and Bud are going. With cooler temps I reckon I can improve on height by several inches and less heat stress will be evident. Also thinking of better ways to improve use of that frame structure which is really helpful for me.
    Bud Bud-Pic 1 before I did anything. Pic 2 post doing some defoliation which is it for the remainder of the grow. Reckon 8 weeks max should see her at harvest if I remember correctly from a couple of years ago. Pics 3-4 some bud sites
    Purple E...Very little info about her but she`s coming along okay though has suffered the most from heat stress sadly. Window open, flaps opened and back door and upper windows open so there is a through draft as the tent closed just goes ape heat wise. Pics 5-8 before I did anything then Pic 9 after I`d been mucking about with her and Pic 10...trimmings
    Pic 11...pains me to see this but a fantastic learning experience and I would like to thank D.A.A.S.69 and alltatup for their kind words and advice. I`m gonna continue with another Chem grow after this to see if I can rectify the outcome
    What`s this Games malarky. Jon Snow wouldn`t stand a chance against Ragnar let alone Rollo and Bjorn`s pretty tasty with an axe as well...just watched the attack on Paris...stirring stuff, taking the walls, hand to hand, no quarter...bloody glad I wasn`t there though, don`t like heights.
    Wishing everyone a lovely day
    Last edited by PaganRich; 09-03-2018, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    D.A.A.S.69 Good advice there mate. Many thanks. Will follow next Chem for sure. This Chem is still a positive experience. I haven`t finished with her yet

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    PaganRich, those ladies, are looking very nice ! Very healthy looking plants, beautiful colored green.
    Have a great day, Mate

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    PaganRich, Well, you learned some more valuable information on that ChemDog,
    Maybe next time you get a plant with those same traits, big fans an such, just remove the inside leaves, not saying ,it helps but that's the first leaves I start removing, are the inside leaves.
    She's still gonna make some tasty ,killer nugs though.
    alltatup, Your right about those real landrace sativas, like the Oaxacan we used to grow, and still gonna grow again outdoors. We grew alot in the swamps where there was Willow trees every where, and our plants leaves, looked just like the willow trees leaves, super long, narrow, and skinny.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent spread of bud sites!! Now let the solar panels (leaves) do what they posed to do.

• PaganRich
    replied
    Well, not gonna let Chemdog M beat me. This grow might leave a lot of desired improvement in technique but what I`ve learned on this lass will be put to the test on this cutting that`s rooted and now under-going LST

Leave a comment:

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup Sending you a private message in a bit.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I did that on my last grow: I reduced the cola by trimming too far up the stalk. My experience is that my plants are just plain stronger with their leaves.

Poor girl. I've read that Sativas don't need that much defol precisely because of their airy, open structure. In your pics, the light travels all the way down the cola. Hope she still produces some nice bud.

• PaganRich
    replied
    Well, I`m more than willing to admit it, I`ve royaly screwed this grow up on Chemdog. That last defol done her. Too hard and she`s reeling. My fault. Prob I do have for me is I have limited understanding on how to tackle these long stem, limited smaller leaf covering, large fan leafed girls. With the others there are loads of smaller leaves that still fuel the growth supported by teas. Don`t get me wrong, this is not the fault of defoliation but me as I really like to see how far I can go and did give this lass hell. Temps have also not helped being around the 28.5 C or 83F mark since I booted the lights up. There is some lower leaf growth coming through but it aint gonna save the day, that`s for sure. Ah well, live and learn....Pics 1 & 2
    Pic 3 is Purple. Leaves showing a bit of slight heat/ light stress but she`s good and I reckon that with cooler temps I can get her a bit taller again in another grow that`s on the way.
    Pic 4 shows Bud Bud which is doing nicely.
    Both Purple and Bud Bud go for 3 week defol next week

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    It is excellent.

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    starramus I have the attention span of a newt where films are concerned....is it any good? Thanks for adding this info mate, really appreciate the gesture

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    I would recommend the American movie "The 13th Floor" that is based on the book Simulacron 3 as well. There was a German movie made too, but not nearly as good. The book, and movie will get you kinda wa wa wondering. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Td2AYIFIiw

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    starramus Remember that book from 1964 you recommended. I bought it. Good shout that, mate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X