Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple Envy, Chemdog Millionaire & Bud Bud Bling Tingz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAKEDGARDENER
    commented on 's reply
    I was looking at a pod system recently that can store power in pods which can also charge via wind and solar, sadly when doing the figures, this expensive system would be enough to keep everything going for an hour or two then would need a 12 hour recharge. I’m sure I wanna look into geothermal, wind solar and wave energy, if I was a millionaire lol

• Californiakid
    replied
    Ya know if I owned my home, I would invest in a solar panel and battery bank to run my grow room. A significant up front cost, but here in California it would pay for itself in the first grow.

Leave a comment:

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    Californiakid alltatup I remember reading Atu`s blog other month where she had to keep her door open even though she had some sort of AC in her living space. Now the Kid`s mrs is on his case I bizarrely don`t feel so alone. You`re right CK, winter block grows it seems. AC is just heaping on the cost. As it is I reckon I spend equivalent $110 dollars a month on power, poss a bit more. Solidarity and more grey hairs it is then. Thanks for the time and support guys, really do appreciate your input. Stay mellow. We were having a bit of a storm yesterday evening and I admit I was a bit blasted so I went out and shouted ODIN top of my voice to the clouds. You know, try and get him send some cooler winds from the icy Northern wastelands. Think I may have freaked my female neighbour out. Keeping a low picture today...oops

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    At least there's a little solidarity among us as far as the heat goes: many of us are battling it and having to spend more $$ because of it.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Pagan, So sorry for the heat struggles!!! Is the clawing nitrogen-related? I sure hope they stabilize: they look like they still have a lot of life in them.

• Californiakid
    commented on 's reply
    PaganRich it is. If had the money, just run the air conditioner and keep it cool. But this setup I've cobbled together isn't efficient by any stretch, so my Mrs is not happy about pissing away $$ to electric company. So I have to make better with my winter run. And better we shall!

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    Californiakid Disheartening to put it mildly, isn`t it

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    redbeard Thanks Red, some really good advice there...cheers mate and like your bruv`s headspace

• Californiakid
    replied
    Heat is our biggest foe right? I'm not growing peak hot season next year too. Too expensive. But I can make it more efficient, so thats my next chore when the $ is there.

Leave a comment:

• redbeard
    replied
    How goes it brother. The heats a mean bitch. Finished up last round bout 4 or 5 weeks ago was bout to have to run auxiliary a.c. but toughed it out but light on temps in low 80s. I wouldn't give up on ur girls. My brother just finished up a grow where he defoliated or schwazed or what have u. I go hard but he went lead pipe hard. Basically left the top set of fans. He did it at 3 and took em bout 3 to boom back. I don't know what kind of nutes ur using or how there chelated. But it's edta derived I wouldn't use em. Killing the bennies in ur tea. I'm no expert this is just what I do. I would make the opposite tea uve been doing. If u been bacterial I would go fungal. The diversity will help balance ph if that's ur problem. I also do herbal tea chickery has lots of silica. I put aloe in almost everything. Also do the sst. I switch to barley and alfalfa in flower. Happy gardening

Leave a comment:

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100 Thank`s jarhead. Appreciated mate
    Last edited by PaganRich; 09-12-2018, 10:54 AM.

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100 Got you

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I would try flushing them until run off is right ph and ppm is where you want it , I agree with shutting down in june and starting in Aug to avoid the heat and humidity

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    links are under signature week 4 update

• PaganRich
    replied
    oldjarhead100 D.A.A.S.69 Anyone else please feel free to pile in.... Lads, I`ve got problems and I`m a hairs breath from cutting these 2 girls down and switching one of the lights off...actually I might just do that and cut my losses. Amount of electric, time, effort, nutes plus I`m royally f##ked off....hand is twitching towards the shears that`s for sure.
    Pic 1-2 shows Veg tent...400w light and its fine.....so no issues right
    Pic 3 shows Bud..slight tip burn (mega slight) 3-or 4 small lower leaves yellowing but seems to be okay. Height from 600w between 20-22"
    Now this is where the fun starts. I run a dehumidifier in the tent overnight, small thing but adds a little heat through air. Got passive air intake as well as 6" fan. Exhaust is 6" fan though attached to a 5" air cooled tube and another 4" fan attached to another 5" tube. Bulbs are 2x 600w. Tent is 240 x 120. Heat has usually been around 82.5-88f and 77f at night since I flipped them. I`ve re-rigged airflow in that time and have 3 fans 24/7. Twice plain teas to one feed and easy on nutes added by about 50% of usual. Seaweed in the mix.
    So Red Diesel and Bud are okay. Chemdog is shagged and now clawing and leaves are going yellow/ white throughout. Purple E is the same. Pic 4-5 shows Purple, Pic 6 shows Chem. Average height from lights 20-22"
    This is my thoughts...these are indicas, it`s been consistently too hot and 3 weeks of environmentally hot conditions has caused overall heat stress resulting in yellowing. This then produced a breakdown between soil/ leaf water evaporation and I`ve now noticed the soil is staying roughly the same weight so they`re not drinking which then leads to root problems. Everythings stopped grow wise except the continuing yellowing with the clawing just developing. Only good news is temps are down to 75.5-81.5f and with temps now falling cos of Autumn should be able to stabalise around that. (Next year the main tent is shutting down between late June til start of Sept...limited grows in veg tent instead)
    Now, is it worth keeping these going cos I don`t want shit buds to smoke or waste time/ effort growing shit buds. That will seriously niggle me. Do I cut my losses or is there wiggle room here. I can`t use 400`s as the tent is too big and they`re not powerful enough for my yield requirements. Do you think I`m reading this right? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading and any thoughts guys
    Last edited by PaganRich; 09-08-2018, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X