Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dannyboy58
    commented on 's reply
    My grandfather grew hemp for the gubment during world war II. Apparently it was used for rope and duffel bags. When they harvested it they would shake the seeds out onto a big tarp and then blow a fan across it to get all the loose empty hulls out then feed the hulls to the pigs. The pigs apparently acted drunk and someone mentioned those crazy jazz musicians smoking the stuff to get high, so...someone produced some cigarette papers and rolled a fatty they all shared. My grandfather said the only thing he got out of it was a headache. hahaha

• HobbitGDF
    commented on 's reply
    She hasnt perked yet. Still sick and droopy and yellow. I have really cut down the waters too

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I'm only looking from a distance Puglover1 i've not rode up near it but they look to be in long tall hoop rows so just thought perhaps a light depo. system or maybe they are protecting?? Not spoken yet to the rancher who leased out the land.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    That's the way to do it.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Do the hemp places need to be enclosed? When I was in school a family, lot of kids, moved here from Holland, dad started a tulip greenhouse. The kids are now retiring, they've branched out into other states, the biggest tulip grower in the country after they moved here. Now the local place has changed hands and names a few times, it always distributed beautiful flowers and plants but it went hemp. The biggest hemp plant in the country, and it's not doing well. I thought it was going to apply for a cannabis cultivation license, they have the money, and every new dispensary permit this year was accepted. My nephew's uncle works there, he was told he'd have to quit smoking cigarettes to work in a THC growing dept. I dunno, but I miss their free flowers every holiday, a friend's mom works there. I hope the weather is manageable, budgal.

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Yes SoOrbudgal , I kinda forgot about the stretch. I'll keep 'em down until that's over this time.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Yes to pinning down an holding them down till at least last 2wks if that's what you need. After that they don't drink much an don't move much just sit an swell. I released too early an they stretch up while they still got the energy to do so.

• Catfish22
    replied
    I'm gonna make an obvious observation.

My kush, even though it had to go to 12/12 still kept 4 budsites fairly flat. I'm thinking with autos perhaps the indica dominant strains are best suited for topping,

I'm also thinking that the sativa dominant ones would be a bit more controlled laid down.

I'm going to try again with a lemon, kush and northern lights. I haven't really decided what to do except I'm going to lay that lemon haze down. I think its structure will do well with that. I'm just gonna keep it pinned down for the duration this round.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    My outdoor plants are in the shade most of today upper 90s f real breezy. So because i know grow in smaller 10-15gal i'm more mobile. These are not really good conditions for young plants or older. Really dehydrates leaf. Tis the reason to not neglect outdoor, this will be another challenging summer. Grateful for my indoor supply from winter grows. I'm abit worried about the weather. Oh here's some big news on our road.........right across our road in the ranch they leased land for a " hemp grow" I kept hearing lots of work but could not see what was going on. Now i see the tops of huge greenhouses looks like lite depo 3 100ft houses. All hemp. 500yds up a hill from our place......LOL wish me luck.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Buds already looking chunky

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal I saw a chyron on the TV today, y'all got a major heat wave ahead it seems. Good luck with that and your girls.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    It is really helpful watching these gals grow, seeing all of the stem being filled in with buds. I think an auto grow should be the first, for a beginner to learn. Nice 'Christmas tree' picture backdrop Canuck147 "I love Lucy, she don't care ... "

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Looking really good though even if they did'nt stay. I unleashed mine also 84days old still plumping. Turned my lights off now they are baking outdoors 85f.

• Canuck147
    replied
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while - life has kept me busy.

Pics are from a couple days ago - Bruce has finally decided to produce buds - that's all Cookies is doing now is packing on the buds. Lucy is a contender.

As for the training part of this exercise - 1 out of 3 is okay. Cookies is the only one that kept the shape I wanted. The other 2 - meh - not so good. They reverted back to growing close together - and we didn't spend much time together to do any re-training.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210529_124509.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	517899Click image for larger version

Name:	20210529_124420.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	517900Click image for larger version

Name:	20210529_124429.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	517901Click image for larger version

Name:	20210529_124349.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	517902
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah that pot is small for a photo, good luck with it. My Cat-trained NL looks better, I think I'm going to have a runt NL also.
    Last edited by Puglover1; 05-28-2021, 08:42 PM. Reason: I wasn't finished

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X