Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dannyboy58
    commented on 's reply
    Puglover1 Thanks! I'm sure I'll read this thread through at least couple more times before it begins to make sense to me! Still struggling with the lingo of plant anatomy but I'll get there.

• Dannyboy58
    commented on 's reply
    Are the lighter spots due to calcium deficiency? my water has 37ppm calcium and i believe I read it should be 50ppm or greater, so I ordered a bottle of CaliMagic

• HobbitGDF
    replied
    here is the sour diesel auto. i took off the little nodes growing on the 2nd set. just popped them right off
    Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0327.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	662.2 KB
ID:	513242Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0325.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	650.8 KB
ID:	513241
    i dont know if this pic is before or after i did it. i think i see them on there still in the pic. well the 2 little ones that would be pointing up and one on other side pointing to the ground. them are the 2 that i removed. i am trying to create nebulas manifold. i think its correct so far.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Dannyboy58 If you read this whole thread Canuck shows the node count and when he does what. Or look at his other threads? He's a great auto grower, my first grow was a photo. I'm learning with you, even though I spent more hours reading than sleeping last year. Show us your plants, and I hope your nodes aren't as tight as mine are right now. I had dud seeds, I was supposed to be growing 3 gelato.OG autos, go figure.

• Dannyboy58
    replied

Thanks for the welcome @canuck147

Still learning the forum and how to upload photos so this is not terribly well organized but here's what I have so far. Growing in an AeroGarden Farm 12xl. I've seen folks grow autos in smaller ones so I figured since I have it i'd give it a shot for my first grow. The afghani on the right rear in the group photo is the oldest by a few days, then the Northern Lights left front is a few days younger and the other two are a week younger. A

The older two were sprouted in a counter top AG which was much simpler and easier than the cup of water and paper towel method the seed supplier recommends, then they were moved to this AG a little over a week ago.. These photos are a couple of days old so they've actually grown a bit more. I'm using the general hydroponics flora series nutrients for this grow. Started the seeds with nutes at about 500ppm TDS, then the first water change after 7 days I increased the nutrient a little over the starting level to around 800ppm TDS. The General Hydroponics website says shoot for 1100-1500ppm during veg stage so I'll likely raise it a bit more with the next water change in a few days.

Quite a jumble of growth, for lack of a better or more correct phrase, under the big fan leaves on the Afghan. I'm assuming those will make branches tthat could be tethered down to help the plant spread and open up? I snipped off one of the first leaves (seed leaves? Cotyledon leaves?) from the afghan to get a better view for the photo. I figured it would fall off at some point anyway. I have questions about the coloring of my leaves but don't want to hijack the thread so I'll create another post unless someone wants to comment in a PM.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Post some pics - and welcome Dannyboy58 to this forum.

• Dannyboy58
    replied
    New grower here and new forum member so this is my first post after lurking a bit. Lots of great info and my first plants are afghan and northern lights autos so this thread is very interesting to me. Puglover1 's plants are just a few days older than mine so we're on about the same track. My biggest plant is about the size of the one in picture 6 above. I wasn't planning on doing any LST this first grow but this thread is motivating me to.

I'll read back through the thread a few times for more info and I don't want to hijack the thread, but if anyone has advice on when to start LST and with which specific branches I'd appreciate any advice or direction to another thread or more info for a NOOB.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    It sure does Canuck147 Full transparency: I folded down the edges of 3 gal fabric pots, thought it might give more strength to clips for training. Filled to an inch from the tops, I was waiting on more perlite to add. It really sunk a lot after wetting them, that's why my pots aren't filled.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    I'm all in for topping - something I always do now - thenyou find out if you have a finicky Felix or a plant that just carries on. Tight node spacing makes LST difficult .

• Puglover1
    replied
    Any advice when they're growing fast, close nodes Canuck147 ? I'm not afraid to FIM/cut them. Node count is growing fast on the first two, they popped on 4/11 transplanted to pots 4/17. Twin seed cracked and was dropped in the pot on 4/20, above ground on 4/23, separated yesterday morning (Monday). Thanks!
    Last edited by Puglover1; 05-05-2021, 02:00 PM. Reason: edited for accuracy on dates, WTF was I on?

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    No top dressing

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Nice Canuck147 mine are just starting to stretch, about 4" in last 36 hrs. Really starting to see the cola branches going vertical on NL1 that is played down.

• SleepyTibbs
    commented on 's reply
    The girls look beautiful!

• HobbitGDF
    commented on 's reply
    Do you do any top dressing or all tea? I was thinking of trying just tea when I want to give the soil some stuff.

• Canuck147
    replied
    Watered and fed ghe girls they're favorite tea blend - all having a good flowering stretch - what LST i have done is pretty much set in now - just have to allow for the stretch.
    They've all lost a few leaves over the seed past few days - opening up bud sites.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X