Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    People think they just won't survive without being able to have what freedom was 3 months ago. We are just damn lucky in our red neck town we don't have major tourist shit to deal with. Our one town on the coast itsy bitsy town had nothing for months now 27and 1 in the hospital why tourism big town folks trying to escape i can't blame them but no masks? Stubborn stupid folks.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Just watch the spikes coming from that!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    It's really hard to believe that people have taken ideological stands about their freedoms and rights over a FUCKING VIRUS!!! That is just ignorant.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    alltatup all over the states we got pockets of these groups protesting ,defiant. I just don't believe they take it seriously until it happens to them of a dear loved one (if they have a dear loved one ) we are still wearing masks, went to costco yesterday saw a couple get pissed at being told to wear a mask or could not enter. Several of us just stood to watch if any shit was going to go down then we'd intervene. We live in a older population city who have seen worst times and don't tolerate much.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Dead Kennedy's - "Kinky Sex Makes the World Go Round" There is enough non-war message to be apropos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC5G8Jjo0LA

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That's just self-sabotaging behavior, refusing to follow guidelines to protect people who are more vulnerable if they get covid. Why don't people understand that? Take the precautions!!! An ounce of prevention!!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    smoorman you got that right , for damn sure.

• smoorman
    commented on 's reply
    Does anyone think the Gov wants to trash the economy? I personally wouldn't donate a dime to bail that guy out. It's that kind of thinking that got us where we are today. Most other countries instituted some strict social policies and got through this without spending trillions and having the highest body counts.

• smoorman
    commented on 's reply
    Stillhigh I'm just guessing you're part of the I refuse to wear a mask crowd. My daughter is an ICU nurse in San Diego and we spoke yesterday. She says that there are more cases now than a month ago and that they are shipping patients to open beds in Tucson and Sacramento. This is after filling all the beds in the Scripp's system. They are teaming up with non-ICU nurses and sharing patients because of the workload. I don't believe the "health systems are stressed because of panic" thing. Hospitals don't admit you just because you're freaked out. They admit you when the symptoms warrant it. Those that are admitted would have fared much worse if they had stayed home. And anyone who thinks that all the governors are simply reacting to the news cycle when deciding to shut down or open up needs a reality check. They are being advised by epidemiologists who know better than us how to contain this. It's too bad we didn't have decent national leadership for this when we first found out about it. Things could have much better. America has the most cases in the world? Really? The most deaths? Didn't we have the resources to do better? What about our great healthcare system? Why do we have the most deaths on the planet?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Our Gubnor put the breaks on allowing anymore phase 2 openings of businesses. Lots of small business going under in our poor town. Small diner real popular with the Veterans ( owned by a vet family ) did not follow guidelines from day one. $14,000 fine they got a go fund me page.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Nevertheless, I'm 67 and sure don't want to catch covid19, which is far more life-threating to me than the flu.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    I've been saying that to anyone who'd listen since this thing started.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup I am setting here on the farm with everything I need to survive, lots of stock, when (not if) the economy crashes completely, I'll survive!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Stillhigh, you got that right: all the news media play on our fears all the time, primarily to sell their news.

• StillHigh1982
    replied
    They say we are in for another round of infections, I call shenanigans. It's not another spike. It's the same spiral we have already been enduring. My sister is a nurse in Indianapolis(highly populated area), she can confirm covid is real. But also can confirm that this is all blown out of proportion. She has had patients die. But most are fine. The health systems are stressed because of the panic. And they're not even that stressed, we have great health care in the United States. I cant help but feeling that something else is at play here. Maybe I'm paranoid, maybe I'm thinking forward. Either way something smells like shit and if I have ever feared anything it was shit.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X