Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Just paid $1.49/gal in CT. Haven't seen that since the 80s.

• Rwise
    replied
    I hate to say it, but if things dont start moving, we are in trouble. Texas oil hit $-40 a barrel, ya they had to pay to get rid of it! Here in OK if gas is below $2 a gallon jobs are being lost, drilling stops, and the state is short on tax funds..

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    LOL FBL I agree!
    OJH as much as they dont want anything to do with us, they are arresting folks. Like the dumb gal that coughed and sneezed on them, straight to jail with terrorism charges. Will she do that again?
    I am just sayin keep it discrete!

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    do you think they want to have any more interaction with the public than they absolutely have to

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Let us know how it goes!

• StillHigh1982
    replied
    Got called back to work on 4/20. Wtf. Apparently the manufacture of school busses for the 2021 school year is essential. Yeah, I said 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    @alltitup remember family vacations? Buying a second car in case the first one breaks down? These are now luxuries that most could never even begin to imagine, or much less afford.
    The idea of America is great, in my mind, it’s the modern day people that make it not so much. My 2.5 cents.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Toker1 See, this seems so obvious to you and me, but everyone keeps crowing about how great America is, in deep denial about what's happening to the dwindling middle class. I've read in various sources I trust that it has become impossible, for all intents and purposes, for people from the under classes to scramble up into the middle class now; used to be, anyone could get in. But they are the walking dead, and they'll do anything in order to avoid thinking for themselves or questioning any authority who lies with a smile (Milgram). It's just too painful for most people in the US to think.

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup agreed. People only fear what they are capable of seeing, or what others are willing to point out (even if the truth is distorted). My hopes is that others gain awareness about the threats that they can’t typically see. Those who dress up in a monkey suit and tie & take from you and your family claiming it’s in the name of the greater good, but in reality is only self serving. Capitalism is protecting that type of behavior and the entire country suffers due to it.
    It was sooo sad to see people trusting that if we make corporate USA stronger, the economy and everyone in the country will benefit. Well, I see company profits sore higher and higher as time goes on. At one point in time, the job market was strongest it had been for some time. US Sales and GDP soared higher and higher. Still, no changes for the common average American income.
    My response to all this has been to become more self dependent. I grow my food and medicine, I try to always trade other for what I don’t have and need. I limit my purchasing from corporations to a minimum.
    The only way we will make a change is to stop lining these greedy and shameful individuals pockets. If we can not remove them from their powerful positions, we can stop buying their products. If they don’t want to pay a decent wage, how do they expect for the common people to be able to afford their crap? Hit them right in the bank account, and purchase your products from the smaller mom and pop stores if you have to. Do not support the empire or the dark side!! Lol

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Toker1 You hit the nail right on the head, and one of the really good things that could come out of this pandemic would be the "plain folks" waking up and realizing how the super-rich continue to line each others' pockets.

People who think China's the threat and can't see the threat right in front of their noses... Oxycontin kept em happy for a while... God forbid they'd have to admit that they've been lied to all the time. Emperor's got absolutely no clothes on.

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    The US has the largest wealthy to poor gap. Larger than any other developed nation in the world. Company profits are highest they have ever been here in the US, yet general income wages here have been flat since the 1970’s. Capitalism has some strong points, unfortunately empowering the blue color workers to create a strong economy is not a priority here. Maintaining that money flowing upwards towards the wealthiest 10% seems to be the ONLY priority here in modern times. Sad and shameful, but reality.

• WeirdWiredWolf
    commented on 's reply
    Without the blue-collar workers that are now suddenly recognized as 'essential' (but always have been), there is no economy.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    We just need to keep 'em busy with birthday drive-bys.

• Rwise
    replied
    A note for all those that think the LEOs have their hands full. Several departments had time to get together and drive by a child's home (it was a very long line) with lights and sound affects to wish him a happy BD. IF they have time to do this, they have time to watch us!

Leave a comment:

• Greengringo
    replied
    I'm not American but I do know and have family in the states and I don't like talking politics for this reason ..if your under the age of 19 don't watch this due to the language.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X