Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey200618
    commented on 's reply
    It's been the same here for weeks, thankfully toilet paper is back in stock! Still no Lysol though. Not sure what everyone's thought process with the TP was..

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Gingerbeard thanks. I will admit there are many times when my alternative brain reads your posts and discovers amazing content...not many people think in alternates. That movie was early 1970’s. Saw in at a drive in which is been converted to condos. The part where Edward G. Robinson is lying on the table surrounded by I max screens of deer, running rivers, clouds.... genius and now seems not to far from reality

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Farmall You are my daily favorite person! I love you, man. Today.

"Soylent Green is people!!! Soylent Green is people!!!" Damn if Charlton H. wasn't a damn horrible actor. Why don't I remember that one when people ask of my favorite movies? Damned excellent for a stoner movie, which I am not into. There is a void of political correctness within that movie. Which reminds me, I need to replace some of my furniture. Gonna havva wait for Stimulus II for that.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Oh my, my daughter would have done the same thing...I read there are places using a red, yellow and green designation to show the level of restriction based on daily data counts. Most people I’ve seen are compliant...bitchin’ but compliant. I’m lucky in can stay in my personal fiefdom, it’s going out that freaks me a bit. I read some asshole was driving with a mask on all alone and passed out from the lack of oxygen.... all alone? Talk about odd practices... yes, they crashed

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Soylent Green

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    We all need to figure out how to keep producing goods and services without pushing the medical system of country’s too far. Like in New York. As long as that doesn’t happen in any city in any country we can all gradually resume certain activities. Certainly contagion will not stop or slow down but as long as hospitals can handle it we need to proceed. Food and energy must be produced in order to survive. Just without clubs. Bars. Concerts and sports plus people is 100 times more careful and hygienic I think we can make it work. Humanity has a unstoppable will and so far there hasn’t been a challenge we can’t overcome. In a survivalist kinda way. I mean we still here

• Rwise
    replied
    Also there are now reports that some have got it a second time.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    My oldest girl at the store, this person with no mask of gloves kept getting to close, she complained and ask for a manager. No manager ever showed up, but the person split for a bit, then came back. My daughter started coughing, the other persons eyes were big as saucers, and yelled "oh my gawd you got it"! Left their cart and ran out of the store, LMAO! That's my girl!

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Gingerbeard You can forget that inoculation, it aint gonna happen any time soon! Shortest is like 4 years with the flue being closer to 20.
    I think that every person, man woman, child needs to be tested by the end of the week in the entire USA, then think about getting back in action. Can we do that? Not even close,
    Last edited by Rwise; 05-21-2020, 03:24 PM.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Here's my scenario:

There is no inoculation nor treatment. We can only treat symptoms. Although we 'slowed down' the progress, we did not get rid of it by a long stretch. Fewer cases a day is good and supporting of opening things up and getting people back to work. Unemployment claims will be dropped.

There are asymptomatic carries of C-19. People can be around infected people for days without knowing. Many will relax their own versions of what safety is. People will begin to get infected, again. The powers that be will reinstate lockdowns with harder restrictions, Business will be hid harder than before. Unemployment claims will rise above what they were during the worst part of the virus because of more closures. Food and grocery items will be seriously out of stock.

I met a guy, yesterday. Out of a once and future habit, I shook his hand. When was the last time I shook a hand? Anyone?

I see a huge let-down in what people are expecting from re-opening. Short term and long. It's going to get some bunches worse before it gets a little better.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise I totally agree with you: we thought the cannabis money grubbers were bad, but we are seeing the absolute worst in humankind right now. I sure hope you get the Tesla plant; that would be awesome!!!

• Rwise
    replied
    All the adds for crap, like a "copper infused mask", not a single word in the add that says it will protect you from C19. And they want $30+PH for the damn thing! As far as I know, copper doesn't do shit to protect you/me from anything!
    Me Myself and I would feel better about things IF Mr President would stop lying to us, and others as well. We do NOT have enuf tests, or labs to do the tests to cover the outbreak thats about to happen. And where is that going to put us?
    On a positive, we might get the new Tesla plant here in Tulsa, I think it would be great to see their new test vehicles running up/down historic route 66! I suppose thats a negative for CA. Of course they may turn to Austen,

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I live in a state that is going back to work with rising illness counts. It's like they are now telling us "if your in this group it is fine for you to get sick now"
    The numbers say we are not ready and will not be ready. But I also understand the need to get things moving, the food chain is broken, food is being destroyed! And we will all suffer from it!!!
    At the store, hamburger was $5.98 per lb, while T bone steaks were $5.49 per lb, which one you think I bought?

• alltatup
    replied
    Coronavirus Live Updates: All 50 States Have Eased Restrictions, but Rules Vary Widely reads the NY Times headlines this morning.

I've been tracking the numbers in the US since March, using the Johns Hopkins Covid 19 dashboard:

Here are some numbers for April and May:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3841.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	463.5 KB
ID:	406884

What do the numbers indicate to you?

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    That does sound sick...but not surprising....politicians should be forced out after 4 years with only 1 option for re-election and to level the field... not claiming that they were an incumbent... anyone interested in voting may know who they are... any newbies, get to decide on the merits of their presentations. What a corrupt occupation

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X