Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camk
    commented on 's reply
    i did not realize you needed to wait till the machine was cold before using again i did a second batch when it was still warm and it seemed to work just fine

• Camk
    commented on 's reply
    i havent tried that the bud i did has very low thc and moderate cbd i take a pill in the morning before work then at lunch then a higher thc pill at night but i will try that this weekend see how it goes

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    GanjaGed Very nice review of the Nova, and I agree with you: the lid is the weak point. However, it occurs to me that it may need to be a latch rather than a screw on to allow for air circulation???

I assume that you have seen that the light turns from red to green when the decarb process is over.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Camk Have you tried just putting a piece of bud under your tongue? The most direct and efficient way of getting out the good stuff.

There's actually a big difference between consumed and sublingual effects, because if you eat it, it has to pass through the liver. Sublingual is direct into bloodstream.

• GanjaGed
    replied
    Kief infused hot coco and ground bud on a corned beef and provolone sandwich!

Quick review:

Packaging was very stealth, plain brown shipping box with no indication of whats inside. The unit is enclosed in it's own cardboard cylinder container, bubble wrapped and packed inside the shipping box. keeping the unit well protected.

Color instructions are a bit sparse and leave out how to tell when the cycle is finished but it's all very intuitive so no biggie. Another thing it leaves out is you need to let the unit fully cool before starting the next batch. This can catch you by surprise but again it's very intuitive.

The unit is solidly made and ready to go right out of the box. I did a small batch of kief and a few buds. No smell noticed during the process. The kief was pretty much odor free afterwards while the bud had a beautiful toasted smell with a fantastic aroma of the terpenes. It reminded me of the smell of a rosin pressing not overwhelming or overly strong. If I was going to change anything about the unit I would have made the outside lid screw on rather than pop on. It seems the one, very minor, weakness of the unit.

I'm absolutely satisfied with the Nova and wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend it to anyone who's looking to explore edibles or anything requiring dercarboxylation.

Leave a comment:

• Camk
    replied
    Used the machine tonight works great
    i did one bud then I did the rest
    going to mill it and put it in my pills

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    WOO HOO!!! Better late than never!! I hope you love it, and it was worth the wait.

• GanjaGed
    commented on 's reply
    30 min till I can go pick mine up....

• Camk
    replied
    mine finally showed up it only took 2 tries and over a month but its here

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    that is a great idea to go with the decaboxlater

• GanjaGed
    commented on 's reply
    Californiakid Yea at the price it's very doable. Unless I come across some issue I'm sure I'll have one by this time next year.

alltatup Not just that but to be able to dial in dosage across strains and methods. Being able to say ok this batch of butter needs 2 tbls and 1 tbl s of that oil and 1/4 tsp of that tincture are all the same dosage just sounds amazing to me, rather than have to "taste test" every batch.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    It would be fun and interesting to see what THC levels different grows/strains produce...

• Californiakid
    commented on 's reply
    That's awesome. !

And it's not a $1,000. That's going on my need list!

• GanjaGed
    replied
    Mine is waiting at the post office. It arrived while I was in the hospital... Gonna have it tomorrow though for sure!

I also missed out on the Black Friday Magical Butter Machine sale, damn it. Gonna hope for a good Christmas sale on it I guess.

Also, I ran across this thing today while looking around, there are pre-orders for the new one plus a companion item that does flower! Everything I've seen so far says it's a good machine, thoughts?

tCheck is a home cannabis testing device that makes it simple and quick to measure the THC potency of your infusion, concentrate, or raw flower.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Come down south and be an outlaw!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X