Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    Yes I did put it under my tongue and it probably worked but my legs would not give it a chance, I swear I want to get out of this cold and its not even cold yet lol

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Did anything happen? Did you hold it under your tongue for a while? I'm discovering that there's a huge difference between getting stuff in my system sublingually and by swallowing. For example, I didn't feel any effects of my tincture by swallowing it after I'd eaten, but under the tongue works.

I haven't tried that yet with a piece of bud, but I want to and we'll have to compare notes.

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    I finally got a response from Ardent and they said it was perfectly normal to dry cured bud out, I'm happy now though lol.
    I tried eating a bud from my White widow but I need to experiment when home to no the right dosage

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    The hardest part about doing tests on curing is the buds always seem to run out before the end of the experiment

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Lol if...

• alltatup
    replied
    I received a response from Miriam at Ardent about curing and decarbing. She agrees that it's very important to store decarbed bud the same way as curing bud, but she wrote that they have no long-term research done on when decarbed bud begins to lose potency.

So I hope to be able to provide some information about long-term storage of decarbed bud, if it sticks around that long...

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure about curing. I've always been sort of taught that quick drying buds will stop further curing, but I've never done any experiments on it myself, and in those cases the moisture inside is gone. Your buds still have the proper moisture inside.

Part of the confusion is even growers aren't 100% sure why curing has the effect it does. I think you may be the first person I know to try curing buds like this, and I'm very interested to hear how it goes for you

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    NebulaHaze

My experience is not the same: when I decarb fresh buds, there's a delightful aroma in the kitchen, but not overwhelming.

I am having so much fun with this machine. I decarbed most of my recent harvest and the buds are in jars with Bovedas. On the Nova website, they compare decarbed fresh buds to fresh vs. dried flowers. Makes me wonder what one of your roses would smell like decarbed... ;-} Plus I have two tinctures in the freezer.

I have asked Ardent a couple of times if the bud continues to cure after it's decarbed, but haven't received an answer. My assumption is that some curing will occur, because fresh bud comes out of the Nova at around 60-64% humidity. Or is curing not possible any longer?
    Last edited by alltatup; 11-23-2017, 04:48 AM.

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Sweet, Ged! Mine was delivered on schedule but, disappointingly, I won't be able to play around with it until after Turkey Day.

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    No smell untill you take the top off at the end and then a light aroma. It smells waaaay less than in the oven.

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    alltatup I was wondering, how strong is the smell when you're using the machine? I was curious if it smelled less than decarboxylating in the oven.

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    I highly encourage you to start a thread! That sounds like it could be useful and fun

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    GGed, Just start a new topic called RECIPES!!!

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Originally posted by Aloner View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking about pulling the trigger on the Nova: today is the last day to get in on the "pre-order" price of $190, according to an email I got from Ardent. When I ordered mine last week I was able to stack that discounted price with a $30 off code that I found here, bringing the price down to $160.
    I cant afford it as I am paying off my Volcano!

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    A thread for recipes sounds like a great idea ! Ive made gummies , Chocolates, caramels and honey. I used cannabis oil I made in all of them.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X