Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, mine is called a Lift, but it's the same as the Nova. Jeff Sessions is the only one who doesn't know...

• Jason
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for that link. All I care about is functionality and that seems to be there. Just decarb'd a second batch and will taste later today. Maybe sooner than later. : )

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Packaging is the only difference, according to this thread.

• Jason
    replied
    Got my Lift yesterday. Which was a bit of a surprise as I ordered a Nova. First test with fresh cut flower has made a very positive impression. Much stronger effects than I've been getting with my digital/hot oil technique.
    I chewed a 2 gram bud with a cookie chaser. Less than an hour later, full body come on. Then pleasant couch lock. Also very smooth to vape with strong effects.
    Will be continuing tests today, tomorrow and beyond.

I was getting good results with my home made set up, but it was also inconsistent. Some batches were kick ass, others were disappointing. Flower coming out of the same jar. So I felt like I was wasting. Found a discount number online (they are all over if you look), which paid for the expedited freight. $30 coupon, $25 expedited freight.
    One odd feature is that the Nova can only be shipped to certain states. The Lift has to be shipped to other states. I was sent a Lift, out of MA.
    Haven't bumped into warranty information yet.

Edit: It comes with a one year warranty. Be sure to save all packaging and everything else (like the plug cover), just in case you need to return.
    Last edited by Jason; 02-03-2018, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I went ahead and decarbed all the weed I harvested based on my research. Rosenthal says weed doesn't get "stronger" with curing, and the Ardent website suggests that decarbing fresh weed preserves the terpenes better and preserves maximum THC (http://www.ardentcannabis.com/educat...xylation-myths).
    So I put all the decarbed bud in jars with 65 bovedas.

• Weedgrodamus
    commented on 's reply
    @allatup , I don't dry until i'm ready to use herb. I put my fresh cut into jars and let it cure a few months.
    The decarboxalator does not dry it out unless you don't use the top. I don't know if decarbing early before drying helps.
    My reading seems to indicate that decarbing will arrest further curing.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    sounds good Ducthman

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    OJH, Save it till I get there in a couple of weeks. I can show ya how to use that moonshine so the water in the shine doesn't bleed out chlorophyll. We can make some nice golden dragon !

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    OJH, it will work, it just won't be quite as strong as the 190 proof because of the higher % of water present. The water will pull out some stuff, like more chlorophyl, while the alcohol only infuses the good stuff.

• Camk
    commented on 's reply
    It should work fine so long as your not burping up home brew after that’s nasty
    It’s readily available here if you get enough it makes good Khalua (sp)

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Some people use 151 rum so if that works, 160 should too.

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    we had our family Chrismas party and a cousin said he had 5 gallons of 160 proof moonshine that he is looking to get rid of 160 proof should work for tinctures right
    I mean will I have to change the procedure also I dont know how it will taste but if its free who cares lol

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    ATU when you do a fresh bud does it come out dry or wet and limp cause thats how mine comes out I would have to decarb it 3 or 4 times to get it dry enough to roll a j with it now putting it in a bowl might work
    just dont have a clean pipe right now lol

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    My friends smoked some decarb in my bubbler bong and said it was smooth (we were using hemp wick).

Cali, I went ahead and decarbed all the buds from my last harvest, and put them in jars with 65% bovedas (since they come out of the NOVA at a low RH (can't remember the number offhand--maybe 57-60%). Next time I'll write it down when I decarb fresh bud. But it made sense to me at the time to put a slightly higher RH in there with those buds, and I think they like it.

I really don't know whether this is subjectivity or objectivity, but 4-5 weeks after decarbing, in cool, dark jars with 65 bovedas, the perfume is wonderful when I open a jar. The buds are nice and maleable, and the high is very good. I can still see sparkling trichomes on some of the buds.

• Californiakid
    replied
    I think I asked this before ATU... with the ardent machine I remember you said that one can cut a bud from the plant and decarb for immediate use. But can someone like oldjarhead100 comment on the taste in a joint. I remember ATU said it tastes great vapped. I'm a 2 joints, then smoke 2 more kinda guy.
    I know anyone that can save a lb of roaches smokes a few doobies. Lol
    Thanks again Alltatup for your investigation into the unknowns of our wonderful plant.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X