• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    I pray you find your Nirvana ATU.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Dutchman, each one of us has to figure out what works for us, from grow style to strains to forms of inhalation/ingestion. I'm really fascinated by everything I'm learning.

Doug Rushkoff wrote an essay called "Cannabis: Stealth Goddess" in a great book (here's a little info but the link to his essay is worthless). Basically, he says that if we allow her to, cannabis leads our consciousness out of all the mazes we often feel stuck in. So I don't just wanna get high: I want to gain much insight into many things about that fked up world out there and into myself.

I'm hoping that the CBD strains will add an entire new dimension to my understanding and experience of "the stealth goddess."

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Also You want to watch the synergistic effects between alcohol and cannabis. Ive heard its easier to drink then do cannabis than to do cannabis then drink. Ive noticed on nights I have to much to drink if i take cannabis first thing in the morning it intensifies my " uncomfortable feelings" not that it happens often but hey....it happens. Also I quit drinking regularly , once for 10 years and often for 6 months to a year at a time and the cannabis seems to be more effective when Im not drinking. Maybe its just me. Not proud to admit all this stuff but just trying to help other people.

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Alltatup, Its so strange how cannabis works! I have friends who call it a miracle drug and others who say its shit ! Im still learning and have a long way to go even for my own pain relief. But all I know Is I was on opiates for pain for 12 years. Doses were increasing over time to get the same effect. I had about 70-80 percent pain reduction on opiates so not bad. Thank God I didnt get addicted and I have an addictive personality( booze etc) Anyway... I started Cannabis in many forms and got relief in many of those forms but found that tincture in low doses with a 1-1 ratio of CBD to THC works the best for me. I feel good ( a little euphoric) and the pain is pretty much gone ( 80-90 Percent ) for 6-8 hours. I take a little more in the late afternoon or evening and Im fine for the rest of the night. Ive been doing this for quite a while and am one of the people singing Cannabis's praises now.. I have no cartilage left in my knees and severe back pain from injuries fighting in the ring ( kickboxing and my job as a Park Ranger).
    Last edited by Dutchman1; 12-20-2017, 05:51 PM.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Dutchman1 Interesting! I haven't found any significant consistent pain relief from the tincture, but the high is awesome early in the morning. I'm hoping the plants I'm growing will provide some pain relief without putting me to sleep...

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    I made some balm this last summer with cannabis oil, Shea butter and coconut oil. It was pretty effective on my knee pain (70-80 % reduction in pain) and a friends joint issues ( no pun intended) but we both thought it was a fairly short duration of relief. It was like two to three hours before we needed to reapply it. The tinctures themselves give me relief for 6-8 hours so I havent been moved to make any more. Still, it will have benefit for someone who doesn't want any psychoactive properties.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    ATU you come up with the best websites thanks again for this one

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Camk I haven't made this yet, but I have my supplies (beeswax, shea butter):
    Learn how to make a cannabis CBD salve from CBD infused oil. This topical cannabis salve is highly medicinal and has many uses, including for pain.

• Californiakid
    commented on 's reply
    Yep that's the one Camk. oldjarhead100 it was GanjaGed that posted it. This page post #63.

• Camk
    commented on 's reply
    tCheck is a home cannabis testing device that makes it simple and quick to measure the THC potency of your infusion, concentrate, or raw flower.

here ya go

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    hey Cali what tester I saw the post awile back then promptly forgot about it do you have a link thanks man

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    hey DAAS put it on her coffee cup why be suttle lol

• Camk
    commented on 's reply
    thanks alltatup
    i was thinking of making a topical with it
    any recipe

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Yes!!! I had the sugar leaves and larf buds from 8 strains, I dried it all in paper bags and then decarbed it. I filled the NOVA 4 or 5 times to decarb it all. Then into jars, covered with Everclear and put in freezer for a week, shaken twice daily. Then strained in nut milk bags and into dropper bottles. That is my "8 ball" tincture and it's kick ass. The trim was very sticky.

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    is this a lot of variance?

Accuracy
    +/- 10%
    +/- 15% Decarbed material

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X