Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup EGAD! I did not know light was harmful. Oh, well. Looks like passive or fan.
    thanks for that.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Jason you know that light is really bad for the good stuff, don't you...

Light and heat: the enemies of what we love.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Jason I think I misread your post originally. Here's my take on what you suggest: I would just decarb the hash and then infuse into the oil. I am a little wary of oils because they go rancid, which is why I prefer pga infusion. At the very least, if you just decarbed the hash, you wouldn't have to heat the oil, and the hash WILL infuse in oil without heat... won't it? My understanding is that oil and alcohol infuse the cannabinoids etc. without heat.
    Last edited by alltatup; 03-03-2018, 04:38 AM. Reason: I misread original post

• Jason
    commented on 's reply
    Part of a day does all I mix at one time. My silicone dish is about 10" square. I put 4-8 oz of EverClear in it and set up the light. I never leave it on at night, unattended.
    I do a lot of passive, time consuming chemical things in my studio, so this is just another one of those things.

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    how long does it take?

• Jason
    commented on 's reply
    I use a flood light shining on my silicone dish. Position so that its warm but not too hot. No fan.
    The alcohol is very shy and hates the light.

• Cronk
    replied
    been thinking about a heated lab beaker stirrer to evaporate alcohol. saw a guy do it on youtube. Seemed pretty efficient and perhaps a bit faster than plain evaporation.

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    So here is an idea.

It seems current practice is to decarb, screen to hash then infuse hash with oil using low heat.
    What if......screen first, mix resulting hash with oil of choice, put in appropriate container THEN decarb in the Lift.
    Why? It would eliminate the second heat/infusion cycle. Infusion would happen at the same time decarb happens.

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    haha I just spent 5 min looking at the middle picture trying to figure out what was on the bottom of the pan ,then the light bulb went off its scraping marks from the oil you should try one of these they are flex able so if you put them in freezer for a few the oil hardens up then you just bend the tray to get the oil out at least thats the theory lol

• alltatup
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	174428Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	174429Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	174430

ZigZag No, I didn't use any more heat. Which is why I got the Nova: to use as little heat as possible, to preserve as much integrity of the cannabinoids and terpenes, etc. as possible. I put the tincture in a pan, covered with some gauzey material to keep out the dust, and blew the fan across it. The weather was cold, so I stuck it in the spare bathroom and opened the window to release the fumes.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenGiggler
    commented on 's reply
    I believe they rebranded to be able to ship to all states. Once your product is associated with cannabis it can’t cross state lines where cannabis and manufacture of cannabis consumables is legal. Least that’s what I was told.

• TheGreenGiggler
    commented on 's reply
    The seal isn’t perfect, but it helps. The lid can pop from time to time and you don’t want to touch it while in operation. There is some heat involved and you don’t want to burn yourself. Just the inside of the unit. The outside is safe to touch. I was resting it in a larger cardboard container to keep any additional smell from escaping. Because it was minimal this does the trick.

• TheGreenGiggler
    commented on 's reply
    So mad that mine burnt out after so few uses!!!!”

• TheGreenGiggler
    commented on 's reply
    So have you compared the MBM unit to the mighty fast? I like the mighty for its design . Haven’t looked at the MBM as much but I thought the mighty was larger and mor versatile... easy to clean too!!

• ZigZag
    replied
    alltatup_ no kidding! I think I might try that....did you heat the tincture to reduce the ever clear? The oil sounds good too! especially for times when you want to be "discrete" :~)

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X