• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, what he said!

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Gotta love that NOVA. 8-)

• alltatup
    replied
    I just vaped some Lithium OG Kush for the first time; it came out of the decarb machine moist and fragrant and a beautiful color--I harvested it a couple of days agol; it was still hanging and drying. So I decarbed it almost fresh, which you can do the same as waiting for it to dry. That's a PRO.

The LOGK is great, very relaxing and a nice head high, not toward the psychadelic end of the spectrum, but more toward the floating-on-a-cloud end. Nice and indica-esque. Very mild and delicious. PRO: Decarbed herb does vape smooth.

I'm waiting to see what the RH is of fresh herb decarbed, so it's in a jar with a hygrometer. This gadget is fabulous, I dig it a lot. (The LOGK is also very nice.)

I can try all 6 of my just-harvested strains, one per day, just decarbing a bit of it. How cool is that?

I want to decarb some of my Purple Haze x Malawi (harvested in early August) and vape it, to see if it's any different from just vaping it.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman1
    replied
    YAY alltatup !!! Cant wait to hear what you think and what you make.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    I'm so glad you finally got it , i want one bad but I'm waiting on your final verdict,

• alltatup
    replied
    My machine was waiting for me when I got home from work: brightened my day way the hell up!!! I immediately decarbed the small harvest of Cannatonic I was drying, and now there is some Lithium OG Kush in there, which I plan on vaping when it's done. I have next week off work, so I will be concocting all kinds of medicines and potions then!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    I generally dont measure how much everclear. I just put the herb in a mason jar and cover it to about 1 inch above the material. If i have more weed then i get more tincture. I also do a "second wash" as previously mentioned in this thread. Its much weaker but still effective enough for me at a higher dose..

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    About 9 ounces so I lose about 1 ounce by not pressing it. I end up with 3 or 4 after reducing. I try for 2/3 to 3/4 reduction just to make it more concentrated. You could use it just as is in a drink as you mentioned.

• Jason
    replied
    Thanks for posting your technique. That would definitely result in some very powerful medicine.
    Of the 10 oz of EverClear you started with, how much goes into the glass pan?
    I sometimes reduce it down to tar or don't reduce at all and drink (mixed).
    Good to know what glycerin does to viscosity and handling. I have some, but never used it.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Trouble sleeping OJH ?

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Glycerin is to keep the resin from sticking to the eye dropper and side of the bottle.I found it did with just water and much less so with a little glycerin in there. The water is to thin it. My dose is usually about 10 drops ( 1/2 milliliter). Its pretty concentrated but then Im fairly low tolerance so dont need much. My friends take a half a dropper full to a full dropper full. 20-30 drops and sometimes even more. Also the cannabis Im using is fairly low THC as its a 1-1 THC-CBD. 9%THC 9% CBD.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome!! Can't wait to get home from work today!!!

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    mine arrived and I ran two cycles of bud . I didn't try it yet was to stoned last night and its 520 am right now lol but Im planing on trying it soon

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    You can't burn off any of the good stuff with this method!

Dutchman, I don't understand the vegetable glycerin thing: what does that do for the tincture? Does it thin it?

And.... so 14 grams of cannabis, and it sounds like you end up with around 4 oz of medicine; how many drops do you take? I know that 4 oz is a lot of drops!!!

• Dutchman1
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I have you to thank alltlatup. Thanks for the tip on the machine.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X