No announcement yet.

MommaBears Grow Adventure #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking good there Mommabear. I had two thoughts while reading first I use fishing weights to hang on my branches to get them to bend down slowly. and dam I can't remember the second lol oh oh I got it now when your running your exhaust vent try to keep the ducting as straight as possible( I forget the rule but for every 90% turn it adds like 90 feet to your run) so it reduces your cfms by a tonif your doing a reorg of your room now is the time good luck
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Love the fish weights idea!! I've got a ton of weights as my parents used to own a tackle and hunting store. And thanks for the tip about the ducting, good to know!!!! I'm hoping With our plan for today we'll have a straight line out but that's assuming it all works out like I have it in my head 😉. Off to do cleaning and then the big reorg. Gonna be a good day!!! Ps I totally thought u were selling honey too hahaha
      FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
      Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
      2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would of to if I didnt know lol

Finished the room reorg and finally got the fan and filter off the floor. Ducting is a straight line out to window 😁 Girls are still doing good and my lil runt is frosted to all hell.... woo hop, she amazes me lil fighter hahaha. Temps are now between 22-24C and RH is 51-55. Little more manageable and easy to adjust now. The late bloomers are definitely flowering now so that's good. Thankfully I didn't panic and asked you guys 😉
      Tomorrow night is feed night so will get to try out my new snippers and take some pics. I really must get a good camera and a loup.... and mason jars and a hygrometer or two .... off to make a list and hunt the net for the elusive hygrometers.
      FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
      Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        U go, girl!!!!!

• MommaBear
        MommaBear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys, super stoked to be this far along. Was thinking this morning seems like just yesterday they were seedlings in rooters!!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I know, sigh; they grow up so fast...

hey Momma bear good morning I bought my hydro meters at www.cigarsinternational.com they were under 20 bucks they are about the size of a silver dollar and maybe a half inch thick they come with a magnetic strip to attach where you want
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• MommaBear
        MommaBear commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Morning OJH!! Thanks I will certainly check those out 😁

Everything is looking super!

Comment

• MommaBear
        MommaBear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank ya Darlin'!!!! Hope all is well with you!!! 😁

• CCisme
        CCisme commented
        Editing a comment
        Doing ok, everyone is healthy 4 are in flower so fingers crossed Id hate to mess up now, been a rough couple weeks. End of June ❤️

Loving watching! I can feel your anticipation, so happy for you...keep chugging along girl! Plants and setup rawksss. You're on your way! Wooo! Lolol

Comment

Thanks Nsky, much appreciated!!! 😁 Fed the girls last night and did some major defol on most of them. Had to do some creative LST on the late bloomers as they were tall and bushy.
        Took a ton of pics but too lazy to resize last night and imgur scares me as I haven't quite figured it out.... hoping there's some anonymity or privacy with the pics I upload to imgur... must play with it soon.
        Weather is finally warming up so debating the outdoor garden.... needs work, might just stick to the easy stuff this year. Loving my indoor garden too much.
        still no news from seedsman. Ordered may 23rd and they haven't even sent them out yet. Sure hope they get here by harvest time!!!
        Have a great day y'all, maybe do pics later if I get bored at work. 😉

Comment

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          might still be waiting for the funds to clear. mine took 8 days from time of order until I got an email saying they were on the way.

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Fingers crossed! Thanks Oz 🙂

• CCisme
          CCisme commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine did the same ordered on 4/20 didnt get sent til the 27th, I figured they were just behind due to sales. Theyve become my favorite people lolol

Originally posted by MommaBear View Post
        imgur scares me as I haven't quite figured it out.... hoping there's some anonymity or privacy with the pics I upload to imgur
        Apparently you can control the privacy of the pictures uploaded to Imgur but they appear to have adopted the Facebook approach and so any pictures uploaded to the site become their property to allow them to do what they want.

About images you upload

You can upload images anonymously and share them online with only the people you choose to share them with. If you make them publicly available, they may be featured in the gallery. This means that if you upload an image to share with your friend, only your friend will be able to access it online. However, if you share an image with Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Reddit, etc., then it may end up in the gallery.[/quote[
        Intellectual Property

By uploading a file or other content or by making a comment, you represent and warrant to us that (1) doing so does not violate or infringe anyone else's rights; and (2) you created the file or other content you are uploading, or otherwise have sufficient intellectual property rights to upload the material consistent with these terms. With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to Imgur pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content Imgur has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense. Also, of course, anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it.
        From here

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been stripping the exif metadata (my location, etc) from my photos, cropping/zooming as needed and tossing them up on imgur as throwaways. I'm not creating art with these pics, I just want people to be able to see how my grow is coming along.

If I was really paranoid (which I might be if growing wasn't legal in my state), I would post the pics (and on here for that matter) using a VPN so They couldn't trace me by my IP address.

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys! It seems the older I get the further out of the loop I become with anything tech related. I'm not too concerned about the authorities, more concerned that it would get out and be tied to me somehow, and then kids or coworkers see. I have a professional job somewhat in the public eye, I'm open about my thoughts on MJ but as we are not yet legal (Canada) I still want to be relatively cautious.
          I did see something about uploading them without the exif metadata- figured that meant location etc which is good because my effin iPhone turns on the live feature every time I open cam, even tho I believe I have it set to off.
          Oh the struggles 😉

• Capncanna
          Capncanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep I use a tor browser it's free and no one can see my ip. It also erases all history when it's closed. 😉

Just some random pics from last nights feed. I've tried a gazillion ways to use Imgur but when it does post it wants to add five photos even tho I only have one.... so back to picresize for now.
        Girls are doing good, getting a tad stinkier and super sticky. Basement window being open has helped temps and RH, but we're warming up finally in northern Canada so hopefully I can maintain some decent numbers.
        Ordered hygrometers, boveda packs - on their way.
        Ordered new seeds from seedsman which are finally on the way so hopefully they'll be here by harvest time- I'm guessing we still have five or more weeks. Curious to see how they change now ie. fattening up etc
        super excited to try topping on next grow. With the teachers around here and stellar vids coming out I shouldn't mess it up

happy Friday!!!! 🎶

Comment

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys!!
          Oz, it's always been in the basement bedroom but it and a cabinet were blocking the window so we rearranged the whole room so we could get at window and vent air in and out. Room was getting way tooooo stuffy.

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          ah basement bedroom, must have missed that bit or I was wasted when I read it. I apologize.

If it starts getting too hot outside you may be able to just vent hot air outside and bring in cooler air from the basement compared to the warmer air from outside.

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha no worries ... that's the reason for most of my babbling. It's all good!!! Smoke on mate!
          My thoughts exactly! I was actually swinging the bedroom door open and closed to cool it down prior to getting at window. Could only do it when kids weren't around tho. But with rearrangement I can cut hole in wall and access laundry room to pull in cool air 😁

Just wondering Mommabear, did you ever find the culprit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3 bears.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	100576
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Bwahahahahaha LOVE it!!!!!

Looks real nice. Bet the terpenes are working good.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Looking great! Nice pics.
          #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
          Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
          Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

It's amazing to see how much your white widow differs from mine in appearance, though I'm still in veg. Any tips on defoliating? I've plucked quite a fan few leaves since I took this picture, but it's till bushy as hell! Good job!
            Started 1st grow 4/28/17
            3x3 Apollo tent
            600w MH/HPS
            Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
            Fox Farm nutes
            White Widow x 2 and Papaya x 2

Comment

• MommaBear
              MommaBear commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha mine were bushy too. I didn't take a whole lot at the start, was kind of finding my way with defol, when leaves were touching too much I'd take them, trying to only take one of the set if I could. Later on once I had done some more LST and bud sites were apparent I've been taking leaves daily and what I consider heavy defol on feeding nights. Basically any fans blocking bud sites I took.
              Killed me at first tho, they're so lush and green and beautiful it's almost a sin to cut anything..... I think it's one of those things u learn as u go.

Good luck, your girl looks heathy and gorgeous, she must love what your doing!! 😁

Looking lovely! Its so cool watching the buds fatten up. Glad to see eveng going so well.

Comment

• CCisme
              CCisme commented
              Editing a comment
              Theyre doing good, 2 dark angel girls are at 5 of 8 weeks in flower, 2 widows are 3 of 8 weeks, with an auto big angel that should finish right between the two sets of photos! (She's my deck baby, enjoys tanning and at 26 days started flashing pistols) Ive been so excited watching, even the days I cant do much I do check frost levels lolol! Ill get some pictures on the next watering, my next set of photos are vegging out waiting for thier turn in flower (strawberry cake, green doctor) and a new auto popping in her rapid rooter. Afghan kush Ryder. Ive loved adding the autos in, they are fun.

• MommaBear
              MommaBear commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow girl you're rocking it big time!!! That's awesome!! I hear ya, sometimes I sit and stare at them just amazed at how much they change. I never thought I'd say I love frost hahaha but this is a better frost than the winter frost I'm used to 😂

• CCisme
              CCisme commented
              Editing a comment
              Lmao I just said that to hubby, 'Wonders never cease Im dreaming of more frost!'

they are looking great mommabear ,still have a week left for my gorilla glue but the leafs are turning white from all the frost yum yum

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X