No announcement yet.

MommaBears Grow Adventure #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are moving along.... always something to water something to burp something to harvest and something to jar hahaha it's like a new event every night!

Im certainly glad all nine plants weren't ready at the exact time!!!!

Since last update NL 1 came in at 64.59g
    harvested NL 3 will be weighing her tonite or tomorrow
    harvested CC2 ... this one took us almost three hours to harvest and trim.... longest one yet and OH MY F'N GWD did she stink like nothing I've ever encountered. Like I mean she smelled great in tent but when we started harvesting and jostling buds this overpowering knock you on your damn ass smell was slapping me in the face. I actually got dizzy had a headache and my eyes stung!!! WTF!?!?
    hoping that means she'll be some strong shit 🤞🏼 She also took up both of my homemade bud drying lines

WW 2 and 3 are getting close but one I think might have some PH issues she's close tho and doesn't seem too bad other than maybe stunting her buds a bit. They are way taller than any of the other girls and having to prop up branches. Yay for heavy buds!!!!

will post Imgur pics but no guarantee I remember what pic is what this time.... very hard to keep track these days.. doesn't help that I'm fried every time I post 😂

Okay hubby just informed me that NL3 came in at 82.1 yee haw!!! 😁

Imgur is not working and I'm limited to how and which pics I post so here's some randoms ...
    Attached Files
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
    2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks girl!!! 1999 ..... ahhh to be young again!
      Smell went hayish like the others after harvest but still a hint of the strong smell. I'm excited for her to cure!!

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the MommaBear Labratory!!!! Nice work!

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tika! 😊 Much appreciated!

Awesome grow momma bear! Totally jealous! I'm just under a month in on mine. This is your first grow? You did a great job!

I'm doing dwc, but also started using Coco for another plant. I hope to get even half the numbers you got for weight. My plants in DWC have been affected by root rot continuously, so they aren't as awesome as they could be. That's why I started my next one in Coco, seems a lot more simple.

​​​​​i thoroughly enjoyed reading your journal, well done!
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 07-19-2017, 11:28 PM.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mcubed!! This is my first grow yea, but I only started after much reading and taking notes etc etc
      I chose coco simply because of the ease and wanted to avoid some common issues that dwc and soil have.
      You will do fantastically simply because you are among the best here (NOT ME lol). There is so much knowledge in this forum and the GWE family is awesome!!
      Good luck and happy growing!!! 🙂

hey, awesome grow! I just caught up on it. Haven't been on much lately, Been working 60 hours a week.
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      One day off a week at the moment, then the mrs always wants to go out and do stuff on my only day off. Might have a couple of weeks down time in August between finishing harvesting and starting planting again. We're processing and sending out about 150-200k strawberry plants per day at the moment.

No inspection yet, possibly about 4 weeks away hopefully. I've got so much bud I don't need to do another grow this year but I'm still going to. Gotta use some seeds up.

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like ur definitely busy enough. A grow now would be exhausting!!! Keep on gettin those berries out and be happy the mrs wants to do things with u even if it's running errands means she's still crazy bout ya 🙂👍 hubby hates to grocery shop (his anxiety in public is way worse than mine) but he comes with me anyway 💜
      Have u smoked anything from ur harvest yet?

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I've smoked a bit, a couple of oz probably. I don't really keep track.
      I'm terrible at describing but it's potent, dense buds, decent taste, it changes all the time depending on how the curing process is going in each jar.
      I've sent a couple of oz to a mate and gave some to a Brazilian backpacker at work and they both really enjoy it.

Originally posted by MommaBear View Post
    I know I went wrong in the nute schedule and should have been feeding each plant according to its individual stage as opposed to what actual week I'm on and I also should have extended my week 8 bloom feed for the ones that needed it.
    I was not at all expecting such a variation in the grow times but lesson learned 😉
    It seems to me that using a weekly schedule as opposed to one customised to the stage of the actual plants can't give the best results. I have two White Widows that popped on the same day. One is clearly about a week behind the other.

Also, I've abandoned the idea of using just water for the first 7 to 10 days. If you're using one of the supersoils, that might be fine. But, we're in a pretty inert medium. As I type this, I have two pots sitting on my kitchen counter that I have precharged with seedling grade nutes. Just waiting on the seeds to finish soaking.

I have a two week old Blue Mystic that I not only fed from the getgo, but that I skipped the 'general vegetative' level nutes altogether and went straight to 'aggressive vegetative' level. I was a little cautious about how much I applied at first. But, it looks pretty darn healthy to me.

cheers
    Last edited by Gears; 07-22-2017, 06:34 AM. Reason: Typo
    Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely going to mix it up next go around. It's one of those things, this whole grow I mean, that you just have "do" in order to learn. The reading helps for sure but some concepts don't take root 😜 Until you actually apply them and see and do for yourself.
      Blue mystic sounds like she wants you to be a lil aggressive 😁 I say go for it. Half way thru the grow after reading that some of the pros on here use half strength we decided to bump it up, this next grow will be half strength the whole way thru. I may also follow your lead and get nutes in at the get go, especially with autos it seems there's not much time in the beginning to actually feed them as they don't drink much or as often. I also did nutes at every feed, until flush. However I recently read that a couple flushes throughout can do wonders so I think I may do that.
      Can't wait to see ur seeds pop!!! 👍🏼

• Gears
      Gears commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure it depends on the plant. But, I have been basically following the schedule on the side of the GH Micro at full strength with no signs of issues to date. Every third feeding is just Armor Si and CalMag. Seems to be producing healthy plants

I don't keep charts at all now. I just use some dollar store skewers to keep track. The kind you would stick in an olive or small piece of cheese. Green is nutes and blue is the Armor Si - Cali-Mag. I know what nute formula it is based on the maturity of each plant. As I tend to start a new one every couple of weeks, they are all different. Did I mention I've spilled out of my closet and into the room.? LOL

You're sure right about the learning curve. I think each plant is more succesful than the last.

Okay so WW 2&3 have both been harvested. We cut the girls down on Friday. Man was that a long day. So that's it for the tent. Was able to turn every thing off that has been on for months. Was kind of sad 😢
    Will likely weigh CC2 tonight ... hopefully jar the widows in a couple days, it's been super hot and humid so taking awhile to dry....
    attempting to load pics....apparently I did not photograph WW2 hope hubby did, grrrrrr
    anyway between two uploads and a cpl quick screenshots... here's the WW harvest and end of the grow.
    Attached Files
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful! I'm guessing anywhere between 8-12 oz! Excited to hear the final weight! Awesome job mommabear!!!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Awwww, the empty tent: it's as if all your kids have left for college... What ARE you going to do with your spare time???? Hmmmmmm...

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiiiiiful. Forum won't let me like but I realllly do..so lovely!

Thanks mcubed! Can't wait for next grow, aiming to improve on a few things, but Momma needs a freaking vacation before things get ugly, like crown royal shots and beer bong old school knock you the fuck out ugly.... whooooo saawwwww..... seriously tho I hate people out in public and for the most part love my staff and colleagues but sometimes it seems like everyone around me has caught a case of the stupids... okay rant over sheesh sorry bout that!

Spare time will be for staining a fence we put up last year, a short vacay where I will smoke my face off 24/7 and plan next grow 😁

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      I was checking runoff once we started to have runoff (didn't want to overwater when they were young and small so was prob about 3 weeks in when we watered to runoff.) I'm not sure about the accuracy but we just collected the first bit in a medicine cup and tested that. It came out slightly higher than the 6 going in but only every so often. I also wasn't too keen on the runoff initially as I don't think I rinsed my coco very well prior, runoff was still quite brown. ( did a mega rinse job in all pots now that I'm done so they are prepped just need to top them all off).
      might need to look into the method u mentioned 🙂👍🏼 Might be interesting to take different samples and see if there is a big difference.

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      make sure to clean all your grow stuff with a bleach solution between grows. Some people don't think it's that important but it helps keep the grow space free of unwanted things like mould spores, bacteria, pest eggs etc.

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Oz that's next on the list.... had to build a bike tonite... that was loads of freaking fun may as well have went to ikea ffs
      But yes we will be cleaning tent, fans, dehumidifier etc
      Glad to hear the smoke is good, we're pleased with the ones we've sampled so far.... Need to build some jar storage shelving in our closet hahaha

Yup..with the Oz fo sho
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X