No announcement yet.

MommaBears Grow Adventure #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to update. Imgur still wants to upload five pics instead of the one I pick so will post some random ones from feeding two nights ago. Got my seedsman order so stoked about that. At least we have some options for second grow.
    Decided i need a loup or something. I can only magnify so much steadily with phone cam/magnifier lol
    girls are smelly, and the smell changes .... like after a feed it's like a fresh fruity smell and then a mix of fruit and skunk and just damn fineness 😀
    The two late bloomers are fiesty lil things. I think they are done stretching and hopefully soon stop making leaves every time I blink!
    my runt is still the frostiest of all. She's probably not going to give us much but after saving her from a shell disaster I wanted to see how far she'd come. Lesson learned- with an auto get that shell off!!!! Stunted her like crazy, I have a sneaking suspicion that her lil buds r going to be the best of her and her sisters tho.
    Some have really tight buds, tight spacing but others have a lot more spaced out areas. Not sure if they stretched too much maybe when we raised light for candy canes.
    Will do a better update after tomorrow's feeding. Between work, kids, fur babies, aging parents and just life 🤣 I'm a lil strapped for time..... pic thing really is a deterrent lol
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
    2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

Some frosty pics that are the right size lol
      FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
      Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Really pretty pics!!!

Beautiful!
      #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
      Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
      Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

wow mommabear those are great pics
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks everyone 😊
          This really is the most exciting hobby I've ever picked up. Kicking myself for not starting sooner!!!!!!
          Cant wait till I'm a little better, looking forward to finishing this first grow and looking back on it to see where I went wrong, what should I change etc.
          You def need one grow with no expectations just so you can see how these girls grow what effects the various environmental conditions have etc etc.
          Im debating some extra lights or swapping the one I have out for two. Lighting is my nemesis. My dad is an electrician so I'm waiting till he comes for a visit and I'll show him our new project..... then he can tell me if I'm gonna overload the circuits and he'll fix me up with more plug ins 😁/breaker space.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            MommaBear Check out what PigSquishy has to say about LED plus HID:

A friend and I discussed MH-HPS versus a very powerful LED, cost to run, heat it would generate and even the yields... To try to make everything as fair as possible he set up the MH-HPS and the LED in the same room so they would get the same everything, but be under two different lighting systems for the entire grow. Among all the things he would report back as findings, when the HPS and the LED overlapped in the center of the room he had the best yields and the best potency. I questioned it of course, because it didn't seem like it should make a difference, however I did change my mind to agree with him after having it proved to me. I've already got my lights, I don't need or want anymore... so I have no reasoning to continue to researching lighting as much as I do other than the fact I want answers as to why HPS and LED combined makes the best buds.

As a part of that article when they are explaining the plants needs for specific color bands it brings out LED lights can't make some certain colors, and that is why when the HPS is combined with it suddenly the plant gets all of the color bands it needs. Hence why LED companies aren't the same, explains why LED grow lights are purple, and why even under MH-HPS lighting you won't get the same results as HPS & LED together. Because until you get all the different color bands to match as closely to the sun as growing outside, nothing you grow will ever be as good as the sun itself. We are making improvements all the time with lighting, but we are honestly still a long ways from mimicking the sunlight itself for a plant.

This is my grow journal for the following two plants and strains, the Silver Haze is a from a clone and the second plant is Higgs Boson Haze, and this journal

• MommaBear
            MommaBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Oz, that will be on my list to check out. I'd love to have Tika's whole setup 😁
            Alltatup that's a great read, makes sense too when you think about it.... adding HPS to the list.
            Now off to the day job.. boooooo... but I guess I need to work if I want new lights 😉

• Marley
            Marley commented
            Editing a comment
            I definitely noticed denser buds on my plants that were getting HPS+LED lighting compared to the ones only getting HPS.

Feeding night so took some more pics...
          WW1 was quick to flower, she's got nice big colas and dense. She's been getting fatter and has more brown pistils.
          WW2 and 3 are the late bloomers that I was beginning to think weren't autos. They took their sweet ass time entering flower and so they are way taller and they busted out of their LST all the freaking time so now I jut try to give each cola some space 😂
          CC1 is the runt of the grow. She battled with her shell and she suffered for it. I should have been more aggressive getting it off sooner, but lesson learned and she's still being all she can be the first to frost like a mo fo and even stretched a bit in last few days.
          CC 2 and 3 have some nice colas/tight bud sights and these girls are leafy lil buggers. Love their smell lately...
          NL1 was the only one that I got a real 90 degree bend out of and it looks cool ... well to me hahaha pics suck and light is shit for pics but I threw it in album lol
          NL 2&3 are chugging right along with #1

still messing around daily to maintain some decent temps/RH but nothing crazy.
          Trying to figure out where we'll be drying ....
          have got to get some recommendations on scissor cleaner....
          need to buy jars, waiting on hygrometers but found a Canadian site that has a whack load of shit so I'm gonna get a few from them too.
          Not too sure what else to say , did I mention we upped the nute strength to half ?.?.? In the middle of bedtime joints so I can't recall much ATM.....
          girls seemed okay with the increase so might try going with half for whole next grow😉
          Okay I must go to bed ... can't type anymore.... 😵

Comment

• MommaBear
            MommaBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Canuck! Was looking at all the cleaning products at a hemp store and it was like shopping for nutes. Good lord. They do have this fancy scissor cleaner storage box thing but alcohol wipes sound much easier 👍🏼
            Running a dehumidifier to get my RH down. Sits at about 50-60, mostly around 54 but fluctuates with the bedroom/outdoor temps which I'm trying to also keep down, been maintaining between 20-25C. Still need to cut a hole in bedroom wall and then will be able to access fresh cold air from basement.
            Venting hot air out basement window but don't have it rigged up perfectly yet so air from outside is coming in as well.
            Have fans circulating air in tent and open her up regularly to get even more air circulating I was concerned about a couple buds that were touching tent so I'm glad you mentioned that.
            Switched from the boot trays to clear individual saucers which gives me more floor space to move the girls around so I'll check the arrangement tonight and make sure none are touching tent.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking so very good, Momma!! And yes: I keep boxes of alcohol wipes everywhere, for scissors, pipe, vaporizer, etc.

• CCisme
            CCisme commented
            Editing a comment
            They look amazing!

Originally posted by MommaBear View Post
          You def need one grow with no expectations just so you can see how these girls grow what effects the various environmental conditions have etc etc..
          That sure applies to me MommaBear .

I messed up Grow#1. Maybe I should have culled it. But, instead I'm following through with my stunted White Widow. And I do meant stunted. She is only 6" tall and well into transition. I've named her Bonsai Bud. I'm treating her as a learning aid. I've LST'd and defoliated the bejeepers out of her. Apart from her miniature stature, she actually looks pretty amazing.

The jury is still out on Grow#1 - 2.0 I've stepped up both the lighting and the nutes this time as well as adding potassium/silica to the plan. I'm documenting the grow in text and pics. If it ends up being worthwhile, I'll post it.
          Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

• Gears
            Gears commented
            Editing a comment
            I do alltatup But, I'm not sure about the ettiquette of posting them in MommaBear 's thread

• MommaBear
            MommaBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Post away darlin!!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Gears I will find your topic. And thanks MommaBear !!

I transplanted a thc bomb auto in a strawberry pot outside and was going to move it. Forgot and it's maybe 2 inches tall, after. Month . I'm hoping for a mini cola! If it happens I'll post pics for sure . It's so cute maybe that's why legos are so awesome! 😀
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

MommaBear alltatup

As requested, here is Bonsai Bud. All glorious 6 inches of her. I really must look into the settings on my camera to compensate for the washed out colours. She isn't as pale looking as the pic indicates.

To your point MommaBear I put her under the magnifying glass every day. Even though the yield will be stupidly small, she has given me a great education into the natural (or perhaps un-natural) progression of things.

You could be forgiven for thinking my tie downs were cables meant to hold up a suspension bridge. They are just 14 guage house wiring. I hope the 5 gal pot she's in can contain her massive root system. heh heh

Crop King Seeds White Widow Auto - Day 38 since breaking out of the coco. Feels more like day 83.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonsai Bud Day 38.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	105633
            Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              She is absolutely lovely, Gears!!! Just look at all those adorable baby colas!!!

• MommaBear
              MommaBear commented
              Editing a comment
              Dude she's a perfect lil girl!!!!!!! Lil but mighty!!!! 💜

Perfect, love the training and pruning!
            Bubbleponics
            Advanced platinum 450w
            Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
            hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Girls are trucking along. Had to start using the scrubber and seal up tent good .... was out in the yard picking weeds and asked hubby if he was carrying around j's as it stunk .... wasn't him, he goes for a walk around to basement window and OH SHIT we be stinkin up the neighbourhood, not cool with a narc dog across the street....oooops
              so all is good now, no more smell.
              So two of the girls I think are getting close but we've decided a loup is a must. Also have some that are about two weeks behind so will be a perpetual harvest so to speak hahahaha
              We're looking for couchlock so I believe GWE says we need some amber trichs. I'm not even sure if they're cloudy phone sucks! The two I think are close have lots of brown starting to curl in, the runt is one she looks like all her brown is in, she's so sad and tiny but I still love her 😉
              This has to be the most nerve wracking part.... and a test of my patience 🤣

Comment

• MommaBear
                MommaBear commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Oz 😁 Oh my, now that's torture.... if you weren't several thousands of miles away I'd say pop over for a smoke!

Alltatup that is too funny - that's the one I have in my amazon cart from last night.... great minds... 👍🏼 Will be ordering today!!!

I'd really like to get a kick ass camera or phone attachment but they cost as much as a new light.... ahhhhh if only I could win the lottery 😜

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, the friggin lottery... I've got a neighbor down the street whose wife confessed to me that he spends A LOT weekly playing the lottery, so that keeps my feet planted in reality and my head out of fantasies...

• MommaBear
                MommaBear commented
                Editing a comment
                True dat! <---- that's my fav response to my kids they hate it when I talk like that hahaha
                But yes agreed, I don't even play the lottery because the odds are silly and I'm a more practical person with three kids and two fur babies to raise 😉

Awesome! They look amazing! Im harvesting one this weekend! Yay!

Comment

• MommaBear
                MommaBear commented
                Editing a comment
                Woooooo hoooo!!!! Pics?? Yay so happy for u girl!!👍🏼

Well my microscope won't be here till Monday but I'm pretty sure my runt is close. Her tiny sugar leaves are starting to turn yellow on top. From what I can gather with magnifier her trichs are all cloudy so for feed tonight she got flush water.... we'll see how that turns out hahaha
              the rest have a lot of brown starting to curl in other that the two late bloomin WW's. so most got the ripen nutes at half strength and the two late ladies got late bloom half nutes. That was one of our downfalls. I really should have given them nutes according to not only the sched but where they were actually at ..... ahhh learning 😉

Comment

• MommaBear
                MommaBear commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Jeg 😁Lol they do the trick for now lol. Have some serious light issues in the room too. The tent takes up so much room I need to add more lights. Space is tight so end up with the LED glow ..... someday when kids are all out I'll be using my kitchen and some upgraded equipment, like the idea of a laptop connected scope!!!! And of course will need to acquire whatever cam Marley uses cause his pics are just incredible!!

Well like everyone is Im going to need to resize some pics! But they are looking good and Im so excited we were able to get a lec, oh its lovely and bright ❤️

Comment

• MommaBear
                MommaBear commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweeeet! I'm currently looking at the advanced platinum lights. Maybe two 450p's.... idk yet lol

Scope came in early!!!!!!! 👏💃🏻
              The WW runt has a few amberish and the rest are cloudy... will have a better look on Sunday and decide!
              Love this scope, pretty cool once u get the hang of it

Comment

• MommaBear
                MommaBear commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too Oz 🙂
                Now I'm shopping for a drying rack. I think we're going to be limited to where we dry..... will be ranging from 45-65 so thinking rack might be best.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                momma I have one of those net things it comes apart so I can use a couple of section at a time but I think a simple window screen will work if you have something to set it on

• MommaBear
                MommaBear commented
                Editing a comment
                Good idea OJH!!! That idea will come in handy!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X