MommaBears Grow Adventure #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MommaBears Grow Adventure #1

Thanks to the amazing GWE tutorials and the stellar people on this forum I'm far enough along to start one of these grow journals woooooo hoooooo!!!!
    So to recap we decided to start with 9 plants three of each of these strains; white widow, candy cane and northern lights. All came from CKS, received seeds relatively fast and they all germ' d. Started soaking seeds on Mar.29th. Something I learnt is that I will hot dog bun my rapid rooters from now on, I did use the flip over method and poked my own holes. Used a tray and some under a CFL. Added only PH water.
    here is a pic from then.
    *bare with me while I get posts up to date*
    Had some minor panic attacks when I saw what looked like the taproot coming out but they were all good, again a quick search on GWE and I was calm lol
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
    2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Once those babies all came up I noticed long ass roots coming out of bottom of rooters so panicked and put them in the 5gall pots. I was worried about over watering and ended up using a meat marinade injector without the metal "needle" part and it shot out nice slow steady streams I could aim. So I watered only meat the plants and slightly outwards for the first week or two using the GWE GH Trio schedule. They must have liked it cause they started to grow like crazy. Had a few runts from seed shells sticking but didn't give up on them.
    Using boot trays and hangers for any extra runoff, I believe I saw in Tika's she was using pantry shelves I'm thinking that's up for next grow!
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      looking good. You could also consider puting something small under the trays at the back of the tent so they have a very slight tilt to the front of the tent and then the water will run that way and you could suck it up with a wet/dry vac or some sort of small water pump.

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a fab idea!!! I should do that now so when they're biggger and I can't take in and out I won't have to reach back in there! Good call Oz!

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      my partner always says I'm full of good ideas.

Always checking PH, keeping lights between 15-18" and they just kept getting bigger!!! 😄

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      coming along great so far, looks like your plants are loving life.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking really good!!

I should mention I guess lights are in 24/0 sched. Needed to add heat during most of the veg stage as lights did not produce much heat at all.
    Once they were bigger I figured it was time to play with LST and topping.
    For LST I used and am using a combination of safety pins, pipe cleaners, plant ties and poked holes in the fab pots.
    I really had these grandiose plans of copying all the greats around here but my LST is pretty weak, I had yet to truly understand how this plant grows how it branches out and what all the leaves and sites look like and what they turn into but not a loss if anything this a learning grow and man am I learning!!! 🤣
    My topping job was half ass. I really wanted to try it on our learning grow just to see what happens so I guesstimated the third mode and cut that poor lil baby's head off. I'm pretty sure I held my breath for a whole minute to cut it ever so gently hahahaha

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      you'll learn in no time how the plants grow, how to train them and how they respond to your training and nutrient schedule.

I don't bother with training. Too lazy!

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like you are off and running! Looks great!

When these babies really started to let loose I began to have humidity like crazy so had to bring in a dehumidifier in the bedroom that tent is in. It helps to some degree. I started doing defoliation and may have become slightly addicted to it, actually pretty sure I went overboard a few times and may have even stunted the girls a bit, I can't tell but they're all flowering on time just not all the same height my lil run is short and bushy lol.
    Ive had a few nute water spills, hubby dripping over them when putting back and more recently from me and the watering can having disagreements as to where it can and can't go (I'm gonna melt the bastard in my fire pit soon). My candy canes started to get a few yellow leaves but they were a lil too close to light for a couple days I think they're a tad pickier than the others.
    About a week or 10 days ago noticed white pistils coming out of one plant and soon after the rest followed. Switched on bloom and kept veg on as well.

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll have a tent full of buds like mine in no time!

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Fingers crossed lol. I'm hoping Green75 pops in, I'm curious what he would think of my defol so far lol

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure he'll pop up. Tried tagging him but along with other site issues at the moment attempting to tag people doesn't always work for me for some reason

Hey good luck! I'm watchin. They look great!

Comment

• Nsky
      Nsky commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, working on my set up almost doneeee. Obsessed! Thank for sharing.

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!! Can't wait to see some pics once ur setup. 😁 I was obsessed too read and read and read the forum and journals. I don't even go on news sites anymore far more interesting in here!!

• Nsky
      Nsky commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg. Yes. My fb friends are wondering where I went. Sorry....more fun here. Lol!

Still following nute schedule tho I'm prob off by about four days, I was off in where I thought I was. But I think we're good. Girls are drinking probably close to four litres with runoff. PH is going in at 6 and coming out ever so slightly higher. Will prob do a lower PH next watering. They're drinking every third night.
    Heat has been high like between 23-26c, RH is also a nightmare now. Running between 58%-63%. I can bring down both really quickly by opening up door to bedroom and tents but we have kids and pets lol so I do that when I can. Been playing around with air intake/out, fans etc. Might have to bite the bullet and move bedroom around so I can access the window(basement room).
    Heres what some of the bigger plants are doing now.

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      venting out a window will definitely help with heat and RH.

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Was thinking I should've went with a dark schedule during flower even if only 18/6 just to minimize some heat from the light. Maybe for next grow as it will be summer temps.

• Nsky
      Nsky commented
      Editing a comment
      Thinking about this a lot. So helpful to read. It will be warm in my apt when I'm at flowering. Hmm. Only 2-3 plants probably. Excited to watch ya. I kind of like the idea of venting high above the tiny police dept...ahem. who me?

Wow! You're doing amazing good work! Im fighting heat to, spring changes back and forth are killing me.

Comment

• Jeg
      Jeg commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks girl!!!! Heat and RH are like a constant back and forth struggle it seems lol

Don't know how I missed this thread. Your plants are looking amazing!
    #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
    Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
    Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Marley!!! Stoked to have ya here. Will be doing an update shortly.....

I'm so jealous, Momma. But, really happy to see the great results you are getting! It is a bit of a struggle growing in the North Country. Heat was on until yesterday. I had wet towels, water trays and a small humidifer in my closet grow until yesterday just trying to keep RH at 40. Today, it hit 82 F and a tad on the muggy side.My RH shot up to 60 without the humidifier.

Looking forward to following your journey,

Gears
    Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Gears!!! Soon enough you'll be putting those new seeds to good use, can't wait to follow along! How are ur WIdows doing?
      The North sucks these days. It's seriously was still snowing yesterday. Didn't last but Mother Nature needs a serious throat punching these days!!!
      I had to hang wet towels when I first started up. They work like a charm and quick too.
      Don't be too jealous about to do an update have a few girls with what I think is light burn.....

• Gears
      Gears commented
      Editing a comment
      Seedsman were quick to get my seeds in the mail. But, they seem to be stuck at Heathrow. I think I have totally messed up my first White Widows. They just don't seem to be growing. Not enough light early on, I think

It was snowing here this time last week too. Global warming my a.......

I'm sure the good folks here will help you correct your burn issues in short order
      Last edited by Gears; 05-18-2017, 04:56 AM. Reason: Typo

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey gears try flushing them they might be locked out I left the girls out last night for the first time shoveled snow 3 weeks ago mowed the lawn 2 weeks ago and I have to do it again today but we should be out of the woods for frosts cause the full moon was early on the 10th so there should not be another frost I.m in Ma. how about you guys

Keep us informed Momma, they are looking very very good. Congrats on trying the training - one has to be brave - and steady with those scissors. So good luck they are beautiful plants.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Canuck! You've been a big help along the way!!!! I'll def do things diff next grow and LST alot sooner. It's crazy seeing how you can train them and Wow do those stems and branches get thick!!!! I'm loving the learning aspect. 😁

hi MommaBear . i read that you were trying to keep your pH at 6 even. now that you're in flowering your plants need more P and K and less N. so you might want to use this diagram that Nebula put up to see if you want to keep it so close to 6. your plants look great though so maybe it doesn't matter.

"i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bob! I followed the link and that's for soil. I'm using coco and perlite so I'm pretty sure 6 is my magic number.... off to double check because we just finished watering and defol and pics so I'm just finishing a smoke session and am perfectly foggy 😆

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      shoot, i thought you were in soil. sorry for that!

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      No prob Bob 😉

Okay had to do a watering and have been noticing some yellow upper leaves and tips yellowing so figured it's time for an update. WARNING to the pros... u may cry histerically or laugh till you pee when u see my LST and defol so be prepared 🤣
    We have nine girls so each girl will get and update with a few pics a before and after defol and whatever else caught my eye lol.... eeeeekkk
    candy Cane #2 is one with some yellowing ... the before defol pic is the one with the sign in it. I'm lucky they resized and loaded, no clue if I can put them in any order lol ... at this rate I may not be doing a full update ... ahhh must smoke more.... wonder what hubby's rolling up❤️

Comment

Next up is miss northern lights #2

Comment

Candy Cane #1 .... also some yellowing. The candy canes are the one directly under the light. When the yellowing started a few days back we started raising the light. It's about 24" above canopy now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X