2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Welcome all to the 2023 Outdoor plants only show & tell alittle bit about your plants. Anyone with a plant or plants are welcome to post pictures and give us alittle information on your strains. Here goes my lineup...........

Got some auto flowers an a Freak Show in the cart. 2 Sweet Tooth & 1 Grape, 1 Runtz. Figured the autos would be slow to grow at this point do to sprouting outdoors an the 3gal pots are a huge space to find their roots but they are growing an will take off shortly. That's my slow growing Freak Show she's pushing onward and i transplanted her into a 2gal.

The others are photoperiod which i started from seed mid March an vegged indoors in my tent. These have been outdoors now at least 2 weeks and are happy so far. No early flowering but i do see female parts hairs from calaxies so I'm very happy my bag seed and my unknown Dutch seed are female. The rest are feminized seed....Wedding Cake x1 3Run Homer x2
    Dutch Dope x1 Bag seed x1 Big Star x1 ( cross of big bazooka x critical sensi ) and last but not least I'll give Freak Show her spot on the photoperiod show.

All grown in 15gal plastic an 2 10gal lots of holes drilled into those pots. Premixed PNW soil that i recycle and recharge with worm casings, perilite and compost.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Hey SoOrbudgal. Looking great! Mine are a bit behind. These were started third week in April. All the 5 gal. cloth bags are the Scarlet family autos, Sunset, Runtz, and Galaxy. Started flowering early at 3 weeks. Might have started them a little early. Wanted them outdoors before flower.The plastics are a Gorilla Glue 4 photo and a Gelato photo, and a small Alien gorilla glue I started for a relative. All are a little small but I've been running at 16/8 to avoid re-veg. The photos will be transplanted one more time. Been really cold at night here 30s and low 40s at night. Finally some warmer weather for now so trying to get them hardened outdoors for good. Bring on summer!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well my 4 autos outdoors are very small for 2wks so i'm anticipating perhaps early flower man i hope not cause i need the weed not dwarf autos. The photos handle 40f overnight fine. I grew GG#4 last summer outdoors did great. Were pretty steady here with mid 80s daytime and nice breeze. No sign of bugs yet but i've got the BT ready and i'm mixing some worm/guano tea in a bucket today. At this point i'm only giving 1/2 gal. each of the tea.

Because the forum tends to rearrange my uploads Ima breakin it up.
    This is my youngest plant, 8 Ball Kush, planted outside in the soil, sprouted 4/29.
    My soil in all is my own home made soil which I feed in the fall.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my preferred way to go outdoors...home-made soil rocks

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, there is 1 rock under the pots, and the house. That and some warming stones.

Here we have a Land Race, Colombian Purple, spring sprung early here and I fell like i was late planting the seeds on 2/22. I did need to cover a few times for frosty mornings. She has preflowers and 11 finger leaves. I will be trimming her legs soon to get air flow through the plant. She has been topped and 3 limbs tied out to the sides (2 was intended) the third came out late and I should have cut it off.

Comment

This is one of my own crosses, Berryfreak x Santa Marta Colombian Gold, planted 2/22. This was a feminised seed and has preflowers, I have trimmed her legs a bit already. She has 9,10 and 11 fingers! Topped and 2 limbs tied down until I broke one off, snap no threads at all. I let the other side grow a bit more and topped it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        She is great looking really gonna produce heavy looks like

The big girls in the rear are my own cross Greasy Grapes x WTB (my own cross), planted 2/22. There was a third but he has been removed for compost.
      From left to right the little girls are autos from a GWE member, Scarlet Galaxy, Scarlet Grapes, and Scarlet Sunset. These sprouted 4/4, the grapes was slow to get started, but has taken off nicely, they started flowering about 3 weeks ago. Galaxy has had a trim, and grapes was topped. Only 5 fingers on these girls and 3s as you can see.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Man Rwise we got lucky you got real lucky with early set out. I sure hope we stay that way. I'm not going to do another auto or ever do a photo seed straight from seed into final pot. I'm much better off doing transplant an vegging in a cup till roots take hold an fill the cup. My autos outdoor from seed are 3wks behind what indoor grow would be. Yours are looking good, mine might be dwarfs from early outdoor stress i don't know just guessing?

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I could have been in the ground at least 2 weeks earlier this year. Lots of dif tween my garden environment and yours, a bit dry here I have had to water a bit already. I may have to pop a well to water with if it gets dryer, some here are in rationing already. We'll both see how it grows, I think your plants look great, now if we can just keep the bugs away!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230528_135843.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	596730 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230528_135617.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	596731 Hello everyone , this is what I have growing in my greenhouse. Top picture from left to right are a Critical, Gelato OG, and a Peyote Gorilla from seed. Peyote Gorilla suffered a fatal cat attack so had to start another , it's about 2 weeks behind the other two. Was going to put some auto's In greenhouse also but just last week a local guy started a business here in my hometown selling seeds and clones. Have plenty of seeds but have never grown from clones so I figured what the hell, like to support small local businesses so purchased 3 clones the first day he opened. Brought them home and transplanted last Wednesday. They looked a little sad and droopy and were badly root bound but after transplanting and a few days in greenhouse they perked right up. Don't want them getting too big in greenhouse so the plan is to leave them in there for a few weeks, do some LST, then put them in tent to initiate flowering. That is if the Auto's in the tent now are finished, might be a juggling act. Strains of clones are left to right White Widow, Fritter Dawg, and Louis Xlll OG. First year I've had greenhouse and really enjoying it so far. Have a great season everyone

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I use to move my outdoor starts from indoor tent to greenhouse but don't have it setup yet, i really love my greenhouse helped during fall rains. I would always take clones from my big photo plants outdoors. But alas so many of my old time grower friends are not growing anymore cause they can't take care of them outside. Clones are abit wildly an lots of different structure than seed grown as you see.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice start! I would luv to have a greenhouse, but my fear is if I did we would have 100+mph winds and blow it away.

• Orggrwr
        Orggrwr commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes the clones seem to want to go everywhere compared to seed grown . Lots of new growth in the week and a half since I brought them home. Just finished tying the side branches down. Have you any experience moving plants from greenhouse to tent SoOrbudgal ? Curious how they will react. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the greenhouse Rwise. Sunk metal posts to tie it to and put two straps over it tied securely to stakes but haven't been through a thunderstorm yet. We'll see

Does a window grow count? Vanilla Frosting photo period in 5 gallon container of
      living soil. I seriously screwed up on the timing of this girl. During veg I would
      supplement daylight in the evenings with artificial LED's. By the time she was large
      enough to flower we had reached the equinox. Since then I have had to move her into
      a closet at 5pm every single night and then set her back in the window every morning.
      I haven't had to feed her at all thus far but I just set a jug of banana/avocado tea to
      steep and will start adding that to regular feedings beginning tomorrow. Looking forward
      to harvesting so I can get back to my regular life. Honestly, the yield I'll get from this
      does not justify all the time and effort.​
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        No it does not count LOL need i say why? LOL houseplants don't count. But it's a funny story she's pretty far into flower there crucialbunny now if you'd of taken that photo of her sittin on the porch outside then it's outdoor LOL

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of my plants identify as outdoor plants SoOrbudgal . Surely that counts!

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Not bad for a window grow.

LOL so does the he/she but genes don't lie. Let's just keep it real simple if it sits outdoors and stays outdoors it's outdoors. LOL lets not go into Hermi mode.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Got mine outside for good now. A little praying from the sun but they seem comfy with it now. Really hot yesterday and today. 90s. The Scarlet autos on the bottom seem a little more sensitive to the light. The 2 photos on top, GG4 and Gelato, are having a great time. They're about ready to go into their big boy pots now that I don't have to bring them in and out for the extra light. We're at just under 15 hrs of light now hopefully no re-veg.

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          What a bucolic setting there Bowhunterwoody. If that was my deck I doubt I would ever leave. Your plants look awesome. A hammock and a cold one is the only thing I would need.

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks crucialbunny. A few too many cold ones happen out there these days. Man it's hot for this time of year.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your setup...aren't we fortunate being able to live in such beautiful surrounds...except when the wildlife eats our hard work. Just lost a 5' avocado tree here this week, bitten off at ground level.

A few bastards and a freak. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230603_135158636.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	5.66 MB
ID:	596968 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230603_143617913_HDR.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	5.13 MB
ID:	596965 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230603_143421876_HDR.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	5.38 MB
ID:	596966 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230603_135014997_HDR.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	5.90 MB
ID:	596967
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Man those look great, my freak is plugging along in slow motion but it's growing just hard to tell when i see it everyday.

Good morning fellow lovers of the great outdoors. I have been loving the gardens this year with adding a patio awning to shade an protect myself and plants. I've got the smoke colored polycarbonate roofing beinging attached as i write this. Anyway.......all is well with the big gals so far no issues so far. My tallest so far is the bag seed gal at 3ft from soil an my dutch dope right there with her. The others are healthy just not as fast as these 2. Looking at a good 3months + of weather being fine then it's protection time. Upper 80s f day mid 50s night perfect

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Going2fast
          Going2fast commented
          Editing a comment
          Here I thought you were worried. That freak looks hella healthy.

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          They're looking great! An ambitious grow

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Not as much outdoor chores like i use to have GreenState i'm learning to slow down now. LOL my storage is empty.

Just a little trim on this girl, about half a LB of shade leaves!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhh getting ready to stake for big colas in the future, grow big monsters LOL i wanna see beer can colas

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          You and me too! There are many steaks under her now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenhouse.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	597128
        I'm officially outdoors now unless being in a screen house disqualifies me again.
        Two Girl Scout cookies, and two FreakShow. Not pictured is one Purple Punch,
        one OG Kush, and one Vanilla Frosting. Usually I wouldn't use the mosquito net
        until flower but because of unusually heavy rains in my area the grasshoppers
        are crazy.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Disqualified again? Lol

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Grasshoppers are bad this year, at least here they are.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL no you are good to go. I consider it protection outdoors using a screen or greenhouse it's outdoors. Man i hate grasshoppers got scared as a kid when my brothers use to chase me with those friggin huge ones that spit their juice. Love the strains you choose. I've seen something that looks like grasshopper spit on several of my plants but have'nt seen the bodies of any?

Pics from this morning, I was debugging and broke a limb off, snap no strings to hold it. I tried securing it in place but it broke all the way through no saving it. The 8 Ball Kush is getting bigger fast, and the Scarlets are getting a bit of color to them and hoping for harvest about mid July. Temps are getting to 90*F and will soon be over that. There is 1 of the photos that has went to flowering, hope she dont reveg! Green beens are putting on, pick twice so far need to pick more today. Many tomatoes set with a few about to turn, have bacon ready for those bacon mater samwiches, the cantedews are setting on, wont be long now.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I also sprayed this early a.m. Rwise but only my greenbeans i sprayed my weed a week ago still no signs of chew damage beans were getting hit hard. My tomatoes are setting fruit, no pole beans yet there still climbing but no flowers. Taters are getting real bushy big. Did'nt plant any thing else much working on screens to keep my flippin cats out of these raise beds. Ugh your plants got that early jump so i would'nt worry to much if just 1 photo flowered she just may be OK maybe harvest her earlier than the others.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I cut the grass then sprayed the yard with spinosad, 80% less grass hoppers today. I am picking bugs off, mostly those damn horned green sap suckers, a few caterpillars, 1 bore worm a few stink bugs white hoppers. I also spotted some lady bugs and yesterday a baby praying mantis. Staggered harvests are a good thing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X