No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello my friends, we finally got some cooler weather, this past week and it looks like it's going to stay in the upper 70's for the next 10 days. I'm going on vacation Oct 2. So I'm hoping to harvest on 1st.i have notice some thrips so I released 1500 lady bugs into the screen room. That was about a week ago. Still seeing them buggers. Was thinking of spraying a hydrogen proixide mixture. What do you guys think?

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used soapy water in the past successfully on these. Wasn't much if an infestation and it got rid of them after a week. I'd spray every 2 to 3 days or after rain. I don't spray buds.

Unfortunately I have buds! Last two weeks. I definitely wouldn't put soap on my buds. But the peroxide would hurt the buds. I use it to bud wash and I read that it will kill all soft body bugs.

Comment

H2O2 degrades to O2 and water, so no chemical contamination risk. It will be like putting water on your buds.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Its been Very cool the last week, over nights in the low 40's no bright sun to speak of, mostly cloudy. Just got done pouring for 2 hours so ill have to blast the girls with the leaf blower today. My Gusher plant has begun to re-veg fer fuck sakes! Thanks to a motion sensor camera that follows movement with a really bright spotlight...and a really persistent spider that wouldnt fuck off. kept setting the camera and light off i think. White widow and Sour diesel are doing ok, im amazed at how much crud gets stuck in them every day. Lots of feathers lately..got a hawk that's terrorizing the morning doves.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
        Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
        Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          We've begun a cooling trend here now also. Mid 70's and still zero rain, not good. I've seen hawks take down morning doves at my sister's house she's got alot of feeders for her song birds and such. Doves hang out there also and man what a sight to see these hawks slam into a dove poof nothing left but feathers.

• changeofpace2014
          changeofpace2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          Leaf blower ...good idea - know right where mine is at....Plants have nice airy structure, a must for us who grow out side in colder wet weather,

All summer the 8 Ball kush has been nearly bug free, then they hit it, bud worms! I have never seen so many on a single plant or on a single kola, I dug 15 not just 1 but 15 out of a single kola with others having at least 3. Not little ones either but big fat worms with 3 different colour patterns, so yesterday I cut off all the big buds leaving smaller ones (now hanging) to feed the worms so they will maybe stay away from the others, and it aint a free lunch either, I will be looking for them and killing all I find. Just as I was thinking I found a bug resistant strain.
        The GGxWTB that has been hanging went to Qt jars, 46 of them. Most of this is going to hash as well so I did not trim most of it, I did trim enuf for 4 jars of buds.
        I am running out of jars fast (and inventory at the supplies are down, with the price up) so I took many jars that have aged a year or more and ran them through the seal a meal, I will be making hash with much of the inventory this winter. Anyone know of an issue with vacuum sealing buds?
        Yesterday was a busy day here. Now I have to burp all those jars!

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Well done. 46 jars...lots of work but it a good feeling hey.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          My back still hurts, hell I may take next year off and not grow any,, na I'll still grow but maybe only 1 or 2.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm feeling the same way Rwise

Just pulled them out of the garage. Ez-up is a pain in the ass to maneuver. One is starting to foxtail a little bit. Couple days of sun finally coming then another week of rain next week. 10 inches so far for September before yesterday's inch. Pretty cloudy trics with an amber here and there. With another week of rain coming I might just pull the trigger at the end of the week. Again with the size limit for photos less than 2 mp.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i'm getting that same message Bowhunterwoody glitches glitches. Can't post my pics. Sent message to @SirusFourside

This may be the last week of the race. So far bud rot is in the lead. every day I cut off a bunch. Sometimes 18 inch stems. They got a good defol in a last ditch effort to save them. Maybe they will make it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230920_130400A.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	605321
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thoughts and prayers

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe I'll be joining the weekend party and take down my mystery girl, last watering was yesterday and will start de-leafing to get a head start. (I hate trimming!)
          Will hold out for awhile on the GG4 and the white widow still has some time ahead of her (she was late to the party).
          It does look like a washout this weekend, but still 2 beautiful days to go before it.....Enjoy them!
          42 degrees this morning...
          Last edited by GreenState; 09-21-2023, 05:25 AM.

• changeofpace2014
          changeofpace2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good thing there in pots so you can shelter them some what...Lots of rain here to Ontario...but I thinned them out during that time so they have been ok...Dam they slow down when the temps drop...I am thinking late Oct for the two regular photo and Franklins S1 should be finished in a few weeks..

Don't feel alone I'm fighting it indoors.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

3x Strawberry Cough - That snuck up on me. I was adjusting some buds on the net yesterday and my hand came away wet and sticky. Today I snipped a small bud and brought it in for a look see. The trics are cloudy and clear. I didn't see anything like dark pistils with my eyes but the (cheap and crappy) microscope shows that some are starting to turn. I cut up a bit of it and put it wet and green into my vape. Weak flavor no cough I suppose from the water vapor but definitely a buzz. Seems like it's always "two weeks" until it's done.

Name:	PXL_20230920_160643147.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	605360

Name:	1695241353781~2.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	605361

Name:	1695241657255~2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	605362

Name:	1695241551533.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	605363
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Took down Franklins Hindu Hogg. Took the frame of my grow tent and ran some 10 pound test fishing line to hang the duds. If you have been lucky enough to be gifted any of these seeds from Franklin you should grow them. Flowers early. It has been a joy growing.

Comment

Won’t let me post pics.

Comment

• Bootsy
                Bootsy commented
                Editing a comment
                have you tried reducing the size? i have to reduce each time

Goodmorning to all finally posting my pics i took 3days ago. I wanted to show a double headed bud from a wedding cake strain along with the full pic of the plant next to it. We are rapidly going into fall here now and very cool a.m. with just a few days left before the rain is predicted so i've moved 3 shorter plants into the small greenhouse and the rest under my patio. We had a surprise shower yesterday morning an plants were left out in the rain. Luckly the sun came out later an we had a good breeze drying them out. Now they have protection i sure don't want any mold/rot after 6months of care. Last 2 are the ones that will be taking up the greenhouse and super cropped once i harvest the smaller ones. Looking at taking one on Saturday it's suppose to rain and maybe 2 more mid week. Freak show still about 2wks out. I have stringers hanging in my garage and will begin removing larger fans pre chop. Catipillers are here not huge problem/investation but they are showing now so that's my sign to begin cutting back on the watering for the cloudy/amber ones.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep those deer out of your backyard SoOrbudgal or you'll have nothing but roots in those pots.

They love weed more than anything and will come for miles once they smell it.

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks fantastic !! I'd have to hire help to trim it (lol)

• Smallgrow
                Smallgrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking good !
                One bonus of my roof grow , no deer problems

First trim. I don't save any of it, hate butter and for me, edibles went out with Quaaludes
              Found a few creepy crawlys, but not to bad.

Name:	IMG_4906.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	4.88 MB
ID:	605426

Name:	IMG_4909.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	605427
              "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal It has been a challenging season for sure. Found some bud rot on the GG4, beautiful top bud to..bummer.
                She's close enough to come down, and once bud rot starts......decisions,decisions
                I'm surprised as she's been inside at night and under a light when it rains.
                This is also the stage in the grow when growing in small 2 gal containers becomes problematic(root issues)

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                Bowhunterwoody Looks like a nice stretch of fall weather next week after this weekends rain.
                Don't think it will be as shitty here as they originally predicted, fingers crossed!
                So I've had to rejigger my game plan. Having found some bud rot on now 2 buds, on my GG4, I made the corporate decision
                to take her down and be thankful for what she yields. The mystery girl above ( think it is GG4,or has some GG4 in her)
                which I took the fan leaves off of will now be pushed out further before chopping. I think the white widow is a month out at least, will finish her inside, will be well worth it for long term storage. White widow and spring/summer go like peas and carrots imo.
                Have a great weekend all

• Bowhunterwoody
                Bowhunterwoody commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey GreenState. Yea it looks great after Monday. Too bad I pulled the trigger yesterday. Had some rot in five or six buds on both plants so I didn't want to loose anymore. They both could have used a little more time but it was spreading faster than I expected. The trics were all cloudy with a few amber here and there. Started last night and most of today in trim jail. Still have another 4 or 5 hrs tomorrow. Should be close to two lbs dried. Would have been more without the rot. It always kills the biggest buds. Next year have to top at least one more time and try to keep them manageable.

Here are my buds hanging. It works this morning.
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah congratulations nice haul enjoy your harvest

Yep it's me again since i was outside trimming yellow leaves off some of the plants i thought ohhh how pretty my 3 Run Homer plants are turning better take pics. I grew 2 of these gals i love the smell of them and how they fade in cool temps. Had 43f this a.m. and rain is forecast for Sunday. These are mostly indica strains they are pushing the last of the energy out now. I am eager to begin taking them down but i'm holding out for more amber they have all milky trichs. 1 stayed short 1 grew tall. Easy peasy strain and won't be bad to trim compared to the unknown bag seed gals my gosh clipping yellow leaf off those filled a bucket an then some. These outta be ready within a week i'm hopeing. Have fun with your grows, enjoy
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X