No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These Scarlet's are now hanging, July 3 would have been their 90 days, so 85 days. The latest storms went south and north of me with 114 MPH gust in the panhandle.

Comment

Howdy outdoor grow buds everything is going well with the garden thanks to the fine weather we're having here in So.Oregon. Temps are creeping up today will be 90f and will stay about that for awhile. First pic is the Freak show she's gaining height not showing any preflower but she's healthy 2nd pic are the 4 autos and in the wagon. All autos in early flower I did'nt top them they've had it kinda rough being outside from the beginning so i really don't see at this time anything positive about placing them outdoors so early without getting them big indoors for a month under lights then tossing them into the sunlight. Anyway it is what it is I won't start them like this again. 3rd pic are the photos nice managable Indica strains short and hopefully heavy later in the season.

Nows the time prior to flower that i'd take clones as I start cleaning and clearing lower and mid sections but i'm not going to I've thought about it and i just want to use up seeds I've got for future grows. My green beans are flowering well, tomatoes are setting fruit all is good Have a wondeful day ya'll sorry for the shitty smoke from Canada going through the East ward states. Oregon has seen plenty the last few years.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a very nice looking hedge! It's been much cooler today. I took my temperature this morning because I thought I was having chills but it was just that cold. At was foggy this morning... with smoke. At least it wasn't green because I saw that kind of air in LA back when and it was scary to breath it. I feel bad for forest fires. Thought that was a west coast thing too. SoOrbudgal when you water twice a day is that just pHed water? Inside I used to water and feed every two days. Outside I've been using just pHed water on the off days. Pretty much my newbie bag only has two tricks, I look at the leaf color and look if the leaves are sagging. No water needed today. Pics pics tomorrow.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        90Gizmo said, "That is a very nice looking hedge!"

Agreed! If you hedge needs a trim SoOrbudgal give me a yell 👍

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        90Gizmo I break from Phed water honestly i don't test it. When i lived with well water only I tested for drinking several times in 30yr period never had a issue. Lots of calcium & minerals no icky. This is my 2nd year in my new place using city water yes i smell cholorine at times but i use it straight from the hose to water my pots in morning an evening . I've got 12 1/2 gal containers filled sitting out i use for nutes. I've got 2 1/2gal containers filled sitting inside my tent indoors always ready. I got this in my head that if it's running threw my soil mix by the time the roots abosorb anything it's pretty flushed. But i add to the soil with occasional top dressings of worm compost and teas. I don't really flush when i give water just allow alittle run out from the bottom drains.

Crazy how some photos are flowering already. They shouldn't be. My friend sent me this from Florida. One of the bastards is flowering.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	4773.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	598659
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i don't have budlets like your friend in Florida my freak is just enjoying the sunshine an heat. Just my autos have budlets. Yes my photos look to be preparing for it but no real stretch yet.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        One of my photos is in full flower, it really should be just showing preflowers, same as last year, I can accept an early and staggered harvest.

Got home today from 4 days at our camp in the adks. Not good. Lost two of three autos to bud rot. The galaxy was awful. The Runtz was about half gone. Had all the autos under the prow on the front of the house to keep them dry but that means less breeze. They got wet a few weeks ago and I guess it was too much. 90% humidity for two weeks with rain every day sucks. Calling for at least two more weeks of this. Can't tell just yet if the sunset has it because the buds are black to start with. Way too early for this. Prob about 12oz between the two lost. Raining as I write this. Like SoOrbudgal says, this outdoor ain't for sissies.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I know that feeling all too well.

The misfits.... Wound up having a few extra plants this year. Had two choices, trash um. OR move them all over the backyard everyday to catch the sun rays(done it before,its a terrible idea) I went with the terrible idea lol. Slow learner. Even Hildeguard thinks im nuts. We have a White Widow clone, and a Sour diesel and a Gusher from seed. Grown in soil/compost and fed with pond water and fresh fish poop! Let the good times roll...
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Dig it homegrown awesome walkway to the yard. I'm collecting scrapes of flag stone to do what you've done so far. I'm in direct sunlight very very dry here now in my backyard. It's big lawn which i don't water just my newly planted trees an shrubs i drag a hose around for now. Exercise comes in many forms LOL. I'm planting white alders, birch and maples along my back fences. Lots of flowering bushes and grasses. I'm not concerned about lawns for now downsizing that is where i'm at.

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        homegrown , are you going to enter those in the 2023 solo cup challenge?

Name:	PXL_20230629_191335209.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	598748
      Three days and the plants have made a rather alarming stretched but maybe that's normal for this strain? Taller and less dense, I guess the sun can get in there better. Four days of rain in the forecast. I hope it puts of those fires because the smoke is still pretty bad. I'm running two fans 24h/day. I can't change the humidity but maybe I can get some evaporation. I have a weatherproof higher CFM fan on the way via wagon train it seems. Won't get her until next Wednesday. Thanks for the watering and water storage tips SoOrbudgal. That's my next priority. The smell is very strong and much different than anything else I've grown. No diesel that I can detect just a warm musty aroma. No strawberry to it yet. I've pulled the plants a little bit out from the wall to give them more room. I hope hope hope that I'll need to move them to the center of the space before they're done.

​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230629_191207950~2.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	598747
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Smallgrow
        Smallgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Lookin nice !
        I wish I had a greenhouse
        Last edited by Smallgrow; 06-30-2023, 04:24 PM.

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Smallgrow Ckbrew The greenhouse is jinxed. We're haven't had a full day of sun since I put the plants in there and we expect the same for another week. I'm thinking of moving some lights out there to help out some.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        So jelly. I want to grow outside!! Some lovely looking plants you got there!

We’ll I’m late out of the gate, and I think I burned one with misting under the lights , but maybe there’s still hope.

I’ll probably pop these girls in the tent for a month in a effort to move them faster and further, if I can manage the heat. Then I’ll just flower them outside

I was looking forward to these they are Green Thai , supposed to be similar to a classic Thai stick strain
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

This is my first fully outdoor grow. So many bugs. Ahhh. It’s going to be ok. These plants a getting rather large. Special that is Franklin.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Luv your helper in pic 7!

Day 42, day 7 outdoors. They have hardened over well and the soft leaves are gone. The 3 gal plants are taking off, the solos are working on it. The leaves are developing a pale green to yellow color. It has been raining and cloudy. It was sunny today and they look a little better. The rain here has a pH of about 4.7 which isn't helping with the hydro feeding. So is it lack of sun or pH issues from rain? I started raising the pH of feeding solutions. I kicked out one plant from the tent. It was one of the runts but has been manifolded tent style. I wonder what that will look like when it grows out under the sun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230701_145417A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.70 MB ID:	598987
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully just adjusting to all the spectrum change. They do look a tad pale hey.

Hi,
        this is my California indica, 86 days from germination, grown in general purpose compost, fed with organic baby bio house plant food, and recently calmag... Been on a 12/12 cycle for about 3 weeks now. Reckon I've got another 2-3 weeks to go.
        kev

Comment

Day 44
          There was about 3 hours of sun today, they are greening up a bit and looking a little better.

Name:	20230703_142109.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	599110
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hiya Ckbrew those look great from my side of the screen. I'm sorry for not being in the solo cup contest i've got too much other garden stuff on my plate at this time.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Putting the girls out in the sun will throw down new root growth fast. That would go somewhat to explaining why the larger pots are doing so much better than the solos your torturing. Poor babies

I've covered my outdoor plants for 2 weeks, they are flowering now. Do I have to keep covering them to maintain 12/12 outside?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean you covered them with black out to induce 12/12 ? If so yes now you have to keep them covered if they are flowering. If they receive more than 13hrs of light they will revert back into veg possibly depends on where your at. But if they are out in the open without shade or blackness nature throws them into flower as daylight decreases. Where I am on the map it's just about to start the beginnings of flower perhaps in 2-3wks give or take.

The 3 big ones in the back
          Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            They look fantastic. I'd only be covering them this time of year when you have developed flowers and rain/hail is coming.

There are 3 photo period fruit punch in back, the rest you see are autoflower. Those 3 in back have started flowering since I've covered them for 2 weeks straight. My question is, do I have to keep covering them for the remainder of flower, 12/12 light cycle? 1 told me, in person, to maintain the light cycle, in other words keep restricting light until they are harvested.? 5 pm cover then I remove cover at 930 when it's black outside.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you read my reply on your post #42? Yes once they begin to flower they will need darkness for at least 12hrs. If you don't they will revert back to vegging and grow will get F-up they will quit flowering and start making leaf where there are buds forming it's a real mess to deal with it's happened to me several times in the past. Your cover must of been blocking out the suns rays and the plants thought hey it's time to find a boyfriend and began to flower looking for pollen. Look at your sunrise and sunset length of hours for your town. You may get by without the cover if daylight where your at is less than 14hrs where your plants sit. Less than that they could get confused and revert back. Ya get me?

This is what it will look like when a plant changes back from flower to vegitation it was do to placing them outdoors at the wrong time, too early not long enough sunlight.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X