Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Canopy training day:
    Decided to add the scrog net, really wanted to have it in position before the flip, and make sure I have a game plan for node placement.
    (Will spray once more the day before flip to make sure we got it all)

They have a few damaged leaves from a previous spray (5 minutes before lights shut off, so they got a light burn, lesson learned!) but are still exploding with growth, super excited to see the buds start forming!

PS:
    A huge shoutout and Thank you to everyone who commented/liked/encouraged or just subbed for the journey! Really awesome community here. Will continue to post updates through flower and make this my “grow journal”.
    The greatest fertilizer, are the footprints we leave in our garden.
    -GA-
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Oh straight up! I look at it as investing ahah.

Thanks a lot eh! Really appreciate the feedback, been worried and stressed the first week but feeling super good about it now after they responded so well! It feels like a rescue mission for sure

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Went to check ‘em today and noticed they are quite happy and growing along.

It’s been now 4 days since I’ve seen any thrip life! Checking everything over (Score)
    Also, PM looks to be completely gone as well. Sprayed last night just to be sure (potassium bicarbonate solution)

Going to veg them out another week (to make sure it’s all gone and not coming back) and then it’s scrog and flip time!

almost “out of the woods” so to speak lol.
    cant wait to see the Bud structure on these girls.

PS. My stoned ass misread the tag for “GC” but it actually reads “WC” so hoping they meant “Wedding Cake”! Really liked that one
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    This ain't no cheap hobby, I always say!!! Just keep doin what you're doin, I really and truly believe that you're going to see great buds on these girls because they are like a rescue dog or cat, and I believe that they KNOW that you have rescued them from disease and pest attacks. I never say such things just to be polite: if a plant looks mediocre or weak, I won't make false compliments. But these girls are going to be BEASTS, I just know it.

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    This little dehumidifier’s been quite a trooper honestly!

Though, I agree you’re right. I have a larger one (and a larger humidifier) in my wish list, but money’s a little tight for my lady and I lately. For now I just have 2 small ones in the tent workin like crazy, but it’s gettin the job done until I can upgrade

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Er, is that little white thing the dehumidifier? I tried a small one when I first started growing, which didn't lower room humidity. Had to break down and buy a large one...

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    decided to give them a little lovin today
    Brewed a compost tea 24hrs earlier w/ dechlorinated tap water (which also sat for 24hrs prior)
    Ingredients:
    - 2.5 TBSP Of unsulfured black strap molasses (added first)
    - 2.5 Cups of EWC
    - 2 TBSP alfalfa meal
    - 2 TBSP of kelp meal
    - 1 TBSP bat guano
    put in an unbleached cheese-cloth bag, And left to brew. Used an air pump + air stone to get the water bubbling and oxygen flowering through.

After that finished brewing, I put 2 Cups of EWC, 2 TBSP of Bloom 2-8-4, 1/2 TBSP of Insect Frass, and 1/4 TBSP of mycorrhizae Fungi onto the topsoil of each, and scratched it in making sure to mix thoroughly. Watered in with the compost tea to get the soil alive and thriving with the good stuff!

Will do a Foliar spray this evening when the lights turn off, as it can help with PM and pest issues
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Good news for your grow GreenAlchemist

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Absolutely! I have a dehumidifier tucked into the corner near the intake, really helped keep the Rh below 50% even after spraying. I have it always on as the Rh raises a bit at night by 5-10% or more if it rains.

For the thrips I’ve only used the home-made solutions I mentioned earlier (baking soda, potassium bicarbonate, h2o2 + water) but I have 2 harder hitters “Bug B Gon” and doktor dooms thrip killer, haven’t used them yet, as I wanted to see if the other methods would work thinning them out. Now that they’re almost impossible to find, I feel confident a good heavy hitter will knock them out completely

• alltatup
    replied
    Alchie, you DO have a dehumidifier, I hope. If I were in the same position, I'd definitely have the dehumid. running.

Did you tell us what spray you're using for the thrips?

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    They're going to be great! Those weed store guys are wacked...definitely worth putting the work into these girls. If you only posted the 3rd pic, I would have no idea of the foliar spray burn...at least you know what it is. These girls are happy to be right where they are, in good hands

• Rwise
    replied
    Good for you hanging in there! May you be rewarded with a nice harvest.
    A note on spinosad, dont use it on buds, just as Neem oil is not safe on buds, spinosad is not either, thus the banns on it.
    If they were outside I would say ladybugs and praying mantis.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Now that the dust has settled, definitely know I burned the leaves with a Foliar spray, but they are still growing and popping new leaves.

went to my local store and bought some sticky traps (yellow and blue) and thought I’d ask them about products or things they’d recommend regarding these girls/issues.
    They were helpful.. but also kept saying “just trash them and start over”

They kept saying I’m only going to see this happen again in flower and get little to nothing back. Too much money, too much time, blah blah blah..

I don’t feel like giving up or trashing them, just because it isn’t going “my way”. Staying on the optimistic side!

The plus side:
    hardly any thrips (really have to look them over to find one to squish) will still continue treatment until they’re all good.

Powdery Mildew seems all gone, will still do another leaf wash / spray to make sure it’s completely gone.

another week or so and we can add a scrog net and canopy train them better! Just want to get all spraying done before they’re tied in place.

Feeling pretty good/confident with them, if anyone has had a thrip or PM issue, let me know, love to hear what’s worked for you or your story with it!
    Cheers
    -GA-
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    Too bad about the ban! Before I found Capt. Jack's, I was using some stuff called Lost Coast Plant Therapy which wasn't too cheap but the plants liked it while they were in veg. Trouble is, it didn't quite knock out the thrips completely.

And yes, Tangie is tougher than I expected. It seems the two that went into the seedling tray rerooted from the base of the stem like a cutting would. I put the two of them back in the hydro setup just today.

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! It’s Incredible how resilient they can be eh?

Ooh The miracle spray Captain Jacks, I’ve heard only great things about it!
    Unfortunately all spinosad products are banned in Canada. :/

Wish I could find some, as everyone I’ve heard who used Cpt. Jacks swears by it!

I’ve tried a few homemade solutions, but not as affective at all. Really need to stay on top of it and spray multiple times a week for results you can notice.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X