Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, I found a few left over laminate flooring packs, and got a good deal (though it’s 2 different colours to finish the floor space, the price was right though so I don’t mind at all lol) I used to install the stuff, it’s really like big boy lego ahah.

Aw dang eh? How long did it flower for?

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    This is truly a labor of love. Your grow room has nicer flooring than my kitchen. Been looking to upgrade but my kitchen/dining area but hallway & LR all have the same laminate from 2007, more labor intensive than the cost of finding vinyl laminate on a deal. That Ruderalis word though, I think my auto missed out on the Northern Lights part. I smoked the whole plant in 24 hrs, an 1/8th, and I don't think I ever got high from it.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    almost the end of week 7
    To my surprise, I cannot find anymore thrips / sign of pests on “WC” after removing problem node, may have caught it early enough but will continue to look over daily just incase (so she stays!)

”God” bud is looking like a few more weeks and she’s ready, I’ll check trichs in another 2 weeks and see how much longer.
    Did a topdress for both:
    2 Tbsp per Gallon, 7:3 ratio of 284 and 444 (Gaia)
    1Tbsp Insect Frass (Gaia)
    2 cups EWC
    2Tbsp diatomaceous earth (silica)

Added 2 new ladies into the flower room:
    2x Speed Bud (Early Misty X Ruderalis)
    They outgrew my veg space and couldn’t wait til the other tents were free, one started growing into the light and burned a bit, so it was time.
    bit of a busy day but glad to see it running smoothly
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    End of week 6

the God bud is healthy, budding and smelling fantastic,

sad news though in the WC, as I discovered a node infested with thrips. Cut/removed, bagged and trashed the node, but keeping an eye on the rest of WC.
    I’m past the point of being able to spray them, so I may need to cull this one to protect the others I have going, not the happiest with that, but whatever needs to happen to move forwards.
    hoping the rest stay pest free!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Wonderful news for you. They look great and will only get fatter, oh it's so hard being patient but so worth it.

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks eh! Really appreciate it
    I’ve been very happy with the results, Glad I don’t have to do any more midnight IPM treatments lol

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Middle of week 5 flower

Going quite well, no hiccups or issues. Slight yellowing on the bottoms, so I gave them both a feeding of GH FloraNova Bloom.

“God” (smaller girl) is bulking up, awesome trichome production, crazy sweet smell, like fresh jellybeans.

“WC” (wedding cake I assume) is slow to go, but starting to get going, looking forward to the last half of flower and seeing what they can produce

I haven’t done much lately, just staying on top of watering/feeding, and keeping an eye on them.

Can’t wait to finish (as I have a full tent of vegged girls waiting to go into the flower room) gotta make a game plan for that soon aha. Cheers everyone!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Alchie, YOU ARE THE KING OF ABANDONED PLANTS!!!!! They look fantastic. I am delighted to see how all of your hard work is paying off. Those are happy girls.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Just wanted to show a flower update;
    so far so good! God Bud in the smaller tent filled it out beautifully, starting to show some frost, has almost a grape candy smell to it! (Accidentally knocked a bud last night and the smell took me by surprise)

The WC really exploded on me, not as far developed bud-wise, but good node spacing, looking forward to the next month!

Hope everyone’s week is going well and relaxing, cheers!
    -GA- (Alchi)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I might need to buy a portable AC. I bought one that was used once but sold it to afford my last pug puppy. If you ever determine the strain my guess if Green Crack. I've had that, several years ago, I liked it. It's prone to WPM: https://wayofleaf.com/cannabis/strai...rijuana-strain

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    @Puglover1
    I’m using the LG ac unit, has a built in dehu which comes in pretty handy! Though it has rollers on the bottom which caused the fall (I braced them this time to avoid another incident)

alltatup
    Super scary walking in, first reaction was the beginning of a fire (so much heat and a bit of a burn smell) was so relieved to see it wasn’t as serious as I thought. Fingers crossed as well!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, alchie, that's SCAREY!!! Hopefully it did not stress them out too much, as early as they are in flowering. Early on in my grow career (started July 2016), I didn't realize how hot it was getting inside my grow box, and the stress caused some hermie action which resulted in some seeds. But it was later in flower so the buds were already big and not too many seeds. I'm keepin my fingers crossed for you!!!

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Nice stretching. what kind of little A/C do you use?

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update: close call!

somehow, last night my AC unit fell off the little stand, and disconnected from the outtake. It blew hot air on it’s side all night/morning.
    I had my Bluetooth off so I didn’t get an alert for the temperature raise it created.

when I finally went in today (16 hours later from when I assume it fell) it was 42C (107F).

immediately fixed it and put braces on the wheels to prevent a future fall again. Gave the girls water and immediately got oscillating air flowing throughout the room. It’s now at a comfortable temp/Rh, but that was close..

hoping it didn’t stress them too bad, also hoping it killed any PM spores left over in the tents.. PM can’t survive past 40C so it may be a blessing in disguise, but we’ll see..

-posted pictures below are the ac unit (fixed)
    -before and after the issue
    -and also just early flower shots (excited to see them start!)

hope everyone’s day is going better than mine so far lol. NOT how I wanted to come home after a tooth filling from the dentist.. plus side to this is my teeth are all good, so if this goes south with PM again I can make tons of sweet edibles ahaha
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    They look MAGNIFICENT!! This is so interesting and exciting to watch!!! They look really strong.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X