Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you all, it’ll be so rewarding when I can finally smoke these

My next run, I’m planning on either Black Amnesia Haze by Canuck seeds, or Gorilla Glue #4 Auto by Blimburn seeds, though it will be a little time before I can, as I still have a Green Crack - Canuck Seeds waiting to go into flower in my other room (it’s been vegging almost 14-15 weeks now.. healthy and big, but begging to flip to flower lately)
    This will have to wait til I can harvest my 4x4 tent as it outgrew the 3x3 size I just cleared up for it originally.
    Hoping the other girl finishes in the next few weeks to clear some good space

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    What have you got lined up for your next grow with the better genetics?

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    Can’t believe you finally made it! Looking good!

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    That was definitely a labor of love. Nice!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Good for you glad you hung in there it's well worth your efforts. Congrats an looks like a good harvest :0 )

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    End of week 9 flower:
    Harvest day for the God Bud! Happy to see this one finish strong, and bulk up.

spent the last hour trimming fan leafs and hanging to dry, can’t wait to see the finish result/final weight on this one!
    thanks everyone for your kind/helpful statements and advice, such a great community on here! Happy to see this grow is coming to a close, and can start again with better genetics
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    Alchie, I think it was done.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Was this an Autoflower?
    A month and a half sounds pretty quick for flowering stage, it sounds like it was just harvested early, I find a minimum of 8 weeks gives enough time for the buds to dense up and trichs to develop into cloudy heads, it’s the last 4 weeks of flower where things really pick up!

I only mention this because I grew “speed bud auto” before which boasted on their site “fastest seed to harvest plant at 35 days”, but honestly they finished after triple that time. I stopped listening to the breeders recommendation on harvest times, and started letting the plants tell me when they are ready, and they’ve all been much more dense / frosty than previous runs where I harvested on the breeders recommendation.

Just something to consider
    I hope we all can harvest the best of our genetics

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    It was flowering in early June, I chopped the whole plant on July 19. It was 4 inches tall.

My nephew's brother works for a flooring place. He gave me big, square samples of thick wood flooring that I can stack to raise something in the closet.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    the 2 gifted girls are doing awesome,
    but one of the new “speed bud” plants turned out to be a male, thankfully it was early enough, so no pollen (thankfully!)

Cut down and removed from the grow space, first male I’ve gotten, so it was nice to be able to identify it early on. Thankfully the other is female, so I’ll just move forwards with her,
    hope everyone’s getting a good harvest this year!
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, I found a few left over laminate flooring packs, and got a good deal (though it’s 2 different colours to finish the floor space, the price was right though so I don’t mind at all lol) I used to install the stuff, it’s really like big boy lego ahah.

Aw dang eh? How long did it flower for?

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    This is truly a labor of love. Your grow room has nicer flooring than my kitchen. Been looking to upgrade but my kitchen/dining area but hallway & LR all have the same laminate from 2007, more labor intensive than the cost of finding vinyl laminate on a deal. That Ruderalis word though, I think my auto missed out on the Northern Lights part. I smoked the whole plant in 24 hrs, an 1/8th, and I don't think I ever got high from it.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    almost the end of week 7
    To my surprise, I cannot find anymore thrips / sign of pests on “WC” after removing problem node, may have caught it early enough but will continue to look over daily just incase (so she stays!)

”God” bud is looking like a few more weeks and she’s ready, I’ll check trichs in another 2 weeks and see how much longer.
    Did a topdress for both:
    2 Tbsp per Gallon, 7:3 ratio of 284 and 444 (Gaia)
    1Tbsp Insect Frass (Gaia)
    2 cups EWC
    2Tbsp diatomaceous earth (silica)

Added 2 new ladies into the flower room:
    2x Speed Bud (Early Misty X Ruderalis)
    They outgrew my veg space and couldn’t wait til the other tents were free, one started growing into the light and burned a bit, so it was time.
    bit of a busy day but glad to see it running smoothly
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    End of week 6

the God bud is healthy, budding and smelling fantastic,

sad news though in the WC, as I discovered a node infested with thrips. Cut/removed, bagged and trashed the node, but keeping an eye on the rest of WC.
    I’m past the point of being able to spray them, so I may need to cull this one to protect the others I have going, not the happiest with that, but whatever needs to happen to move forwards.
    hoping the rest stay pest free!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Wonderful news for you. They look great and will only get fatter, oh it's so hard being patient but so worth it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X