Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    I need to remember that, and that these issues don’t get fixed overnight and will need treatment / future prevention constantly.

They seem to be much better today and really lush, few burn spots from a Foliar spray I did (went 5 minutes before lights shut off and that was enough light to burn a bit) lesson learned! Lol

The dust has had time to settle, still a few thrips but I gotta really search for them. Hoping one more spray with thrip killer will do the trick.

Thanks again for the positive feedback, it’s felt like a rollercoaster ride since I took them over

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    Hang in there! I just went through a week of grower's hell and didn't lose any plants somehow.

I've fought thrips before. I used a Spinosad spray sold as Capt. Jack's Dead Bug to knock them out cold during two different grows. It may be a good investment if you ever decide to take in more strays.
    And yes, I can't mention the name of that stuff without thinking of King of the Hill!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    GreenAlchemist You're doing a great job with them, and clearly they want to live and thrive. You already know this, but I'ma say it anyway:

Be patient and give them time. If you succeed in eliminating all the issues and can flip them to flower, they are going to reward you. It's exciting to watch the process!!!

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, definitely some ups and downs with this one! Just need to stay positive/optimistic like you mentioned

Ooh right, so many late night sprayings I completely forgot that there will be some residue left! I’ll get in there this evening and do a light leaf wash, see how that goes. That will also give me time to look it over and see how many thrips I have left to conquer.

I’ve been giving them a rest the last couple days just to let the dust settle so to speak. They were droopy again this morning so just a watering and keeping an eye.

Hoping to put this grow on cruise control soon!

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    I suspect you are correct, the foliage spray may be drying the new growth, but it will hopefully bounce back once you are done with it. Just a thought but is there any chance the WPM is not as bad as you think and the white you are now seeing is residual dried soap from the spray? Maybe try washing a leaf with plain water and see if it comes off? I know WPM is tough to get rid of so I could be wrong but trying to take a optimistic approach 🙂

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Woke up today and checked on the tent,
    this time It wasn’t looking the most promising..

Can anyone share what might be happening to the nodes / newer growth? I haven’t seen this before.
    It appears to be dying, and I fear my Foliar sprays may have been the culprit.. is this correct? (I Foliar spray when the lights shut off to avoid issues)

(also adding a few pics of the PM issue, I fear I’m losing the battle)

ugh.. what a nightmare to deal with! Never accepting unknown plants again..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Best of luck with your recovery on these plants. They do look better

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_140083.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	519092 Update:
    Finally fed them today, looking pretty droopy this morning, so did a low feed (I’m not sure what the previous owners did for feeding or schedule, so I’m starting low and raising nutrient levels as needed)

Re-amended the soil with diatomaceous earth, and noticed some white patches (PM) near the lower back that I either missed or didn’t spray well, so I did another spray when the lights went out with a baking soda/soap/oil solution I mixed up earlier.

​​​​​​​Thrips are still there (but getting much harder to find, and the kill count keeps dropping) so I’ll do a final thrip spray in a couple days to knock them out completely (hopefully)

Really hoping my efforts pay off on this one and I don’t see these issues come back in flower!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That looks better!! You can really see their Sativa characteristics now. These girls are gonna explode when you flip them.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I talk to my plants all the time. I constantly tell them what good girs they are.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Nothing huge, just LST and canopy training, they’re getting tall and want to be ready for when I add the scrog net next week or so.

Giving them another rest day, but going in often to keep an eye on things and hand squish any thrips I see (every day their numbers are thinning) will spray in another night or 2 after a good rest.
    Stalks are feeling healthy and bendy, no snaps or splits.

They filled out the 4x4 quite nicely, so I’m hoping to stay on top of that and keep them reachin for the stars
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks eh!! Really appreciate the feedback, I feel a little blind going through this as some if it’s new territory for me, but giving it my all!

Super Happy to see the girls responded so well (I was expecting some resentment)
    I’d be lying if I said I didn’t talk kindly to them through each process aha.

Side note: Ooh love me a good Canadian beer after all that work! Really helps one unwind and know you’re done for the day eh

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Alchie, THEY LOOK FANTASTIC!!!! Looks like they've fallen completely in love with you and your efforts to make them feel better. I swear plants have feelings.

ps. I love a good Canadian beer.....

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    Molson time...Oh Ya baby! (Canadian Wink ) Amazed at your patience and preparedness. Good luck with it all!!

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update: Day 4 since I received them

Did some branch tying to the God Bud (assuming that’s what “GOD” means on the tag)
    and watered the “GC” with water at 6.5 Ph, she was lookin’ pretty droopy. (God Bud is still pretty heavy and happy so skipped watering)
    With the diatomaceous earth I packed on the other day, it should also add extra silica to the girls and help with overall health.

Decided to add a second Mars Hydro TS1000 and give each their own light. Also added another fan for more airflow to get each leaf dancing a little above and below the canopy. I want to scrog them but need to wait, as it’s easier to spray and treat loosey-goosey

Bought some bottled nutrients (I normally work with dry amendments now, but I figured without knowing what’s in the soil, bottled would be my safest bet)

So far it looks like the PM is almost completely gone, some traces of it on leaves but not fuzzy or “active” looking. Giving them another nights rest and to adjust to the light increase, but will do a last defoliation and leaf wash before “the flip”

Also, I did notice a fair amount of thrips left, I try to hand squish as many as I see, but going to Foliar spray again with a more powerful thrip killer to be quicker and safe. Will alternate between 2-3 different products to really make sure they get down and stay down.
    I want to wait another day though to give them a rest from all the treatment. Don’t want to over due it!

Lots of work left but for now.. it’s Molson time ahah.
    Cheers!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X