Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Week 1 finished, stepping into week 2

thought I’d share a photo of their stretch, starting to reach for the stars

Haven’t done a lot this week, but did topdressed the day before flip:

- 50-50% blend of Gaia green’s 444 and 284 (2tbsp per gallon)
    - 2 cups of earth worm castings
    - 1tbsp of insect frass
    - 1 tbsp of mycorrhizae
    - 1tbsp of diatomaceous earth
    watered in with an aerated compost tea

keeping an eye on everything but so far looking good! Environment is in check and still dialled in right

looking forward to that bud structure coming!
    Hope everyone’s enjoying their homegrown and keeping that environment / IPM in check

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I always initiate flowering with 24-36 hours of darkness. It gives a good kick to the flowering hormone.

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    Support can get you through most things in life, cannabis or otherwise. Hold onto her, she’s a keeper!

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update: It’s time!!

Put them in a 24hr dark period before flipping (the idea is to minimize stress and flower a bit quicker)

Not sure if it will help alleviate the stress of flipping, but figured it can’t hurt.

after about 5 weeks of treatment, I couldn’t be happier to have finally hit the flip. Thank you ALL who stayed along with this journey and offered help/reassurance, this is what GWE is all about: the journey together!

I’ll continue to update/post on here weekly, taking them to the end

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!! Really appreciate it hoping this forum thread can helps others out.
    Though I feel my girlfriend’s the real MVP in this one, with all the midnight spraying I’ve left the bed for, and time spent researching first thing In the morning with coffee, she’s been super understanding and supportive. I owe her a damn good dinner date! Ahah

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    Alchi I think you deserve a medal for best effort put into rescuing your adopted girls. The next time I have these types of problems I am coming to you for advice because I think you have now tried just about everything! 🙂

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Really appreciate the feedback, these girls are the real troopers here

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    sprayed again last night with sulphur - to cover the new foliage that grew in.

brewing a compost tea tonight, and then top dressing amendments tomorrow to get ready for the flip!! Booyah!

environment has been doing awesome, and haven’t seen anything Mildew-ey, just a sulphur coat.

almost there..almost..

can’t wait to see how it goes!!! Like Christmas in July lol.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    And the thing is, Alchie, they keep on looking fantastic, healthy, like they want to flower. These girls are working with you.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    GreenAlchemist This kind of experience is good for growers. We learn a lot about the environment we are working in, and how we need to tweak things to avoid the problem in the future. I totally respect how hard you have worked with these girls.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update time:

We’re down, but we’re not out! Final shot at nuking PM.

Used wettable sulphur:
    mixed 1 TBSP to 1L of water and sprayed/drenched everything.
    Stalks, leaves (under and over) nodes, even putting the sprayer inside and twisting it in every direction to make sure we have 100% coverage with the solution.

(side note: wore protective goggles and HEPA mask, don’t want to get this stuff on/inside me, if you choose to spray sulphur like me, remember to wear your PPE)

Will wait one week and spray again to get full coverage on the new growth as well.

what a nightmare.. but honestly, really hoping to make this successful, and to make this a learning experience for anyone who wants to on GWE
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup I have, great read on proper IPM! The plus side to all of this at least, is I scored a huge amount of free knowledge about PM/spores, IPM and how to avoid in the future.
    As I always say (off the forum) “it only needs to happen once for you to never want it to happen again.”

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks all for the comments suggestions! I decided against neem oil, but did pick up some wettable sulphur powder, this will be my last shot at getting them healthy to flip.
    If this won’t do it, there’s no way I’ll get healthy/smokable buds with PM, and will clip/scrap plants to protect the next generation to come.
    Will post results shortly!

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll give that a read, thanks for the suggestion!
    My Rh stays below 40%, but does spike to 50 for a half hour after foliar sprays. Other than that everything is pretty dialled in, awesome airflow, between 27 - 30C, outtake fan etc. I’ve been keepin up on clipping, but the new growth isn’t as protected as the older I sprayed, gotta fix that!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I would just work the healthy ones to keep them that way.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X