Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll give that product a look, I like that it’s organic and doesn’t leave a taste.
    I’ll be adding another fan or two (to make sure every leaf is dancing) and keeping up with trimming/branch placement, don’t want to give it the chance to come back mid-way in flower

• Rwise
    replied
    Good luck, the H2O2, it did not work for me, I use a pricey product called "Trifecta Crop Control", did not leave any taste behind, all natural as in organic. This with fans and trimming did the trick, mine were outside.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    The added air flow is going to be the best help for the WPM.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:

Back at it! Went with a homemade solution to knock out the PM and thrips together (hopefully)

solution:
    - 3 TSP baking powder
    - 2 TSP of natural dish soap (no dyes/unscented)
    - 1 tsp of canola oil
    mixed into 1L of water

sprayed just as the lights were going out, made sure to coat the top and bottom of all leaves, as well as the stalks.

Did not do any defoliating or other training methods, as I want them to recover from the previous days lollipopping, defoliation and LST

(Pictures below is just before I sprayed, doing well after the past couple days)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks man! Really hoping my efforts pay off too, have to remember I have to wait and let them rest it out too lol

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    I don't think that you over did it, you're just not f*cking around with them. I'm really hoping all of your efforts pay off for you. They are great looking plants. I really can't help, I'll just sub & learn. Good luck!
    Last edited by JeffInCanada; 06-05-2021, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:

So I wanted to give them some time to recoup after the previous days defoliation / LST / PM treatment,
    however.. I want to kick this PM and thrips in the face, so I went back in before the lights kicked out and did some more work.

I continued to:
    - lollipop and defoliate the interior
    - squish all thrips I could find
    - hand wipes some leaves that need to stay
    - spray the leaves down with potassium bicarbonate solution (high Ph water) before lights went out
    - dusted diatomaceous earth on the topsoil for potential pests
    - watered one in at 6.6Ph as she was light as a balloon to pick up and wilting.

(Side note: all clippings went into a cup filled with high Ph water, and h2o2 to keep spores from flying and kill them, as to not spread the issue, then garbaged)

reaaally hoping I didn’t over do it, but also don’t want to miss any opportunity to extinguish these issues and get them ready ASAP for the flip.

We looking ok so far?

any advice or tips are always welcome and we’ll received, thanks in advance!!
    - GA -
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Really appreciate the feedback, it’s been quite a bit of work to get them ready for the flip, still a bit off but getting there!

• DeadlyFruit
    replied
    They actually look pretty good. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Oh hell yeah, I kept him in there for now, buddies earning free rent! Aha

Thinking about getting a few jumping spiders as pets to keep in there and release periodically for pest control, no webs as they hunt, so that’s a huge plus

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Hire that spider buddy!

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Before and after treatment.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:

sprayed them down with a potassium bicarbonate mixture, then did a huge defoliation, killed me to get rid of so many interior nodes, but they needed to be opened up to breath.

my clippings I put in a solution of h2o2 as not to spread any spores/pests.

it was a little worse than I thought when I got in there, PM was quite settled in on a lot of interior leaves and thrips seem to love it.

today I’m going to dust diatomaceous earth on the top soil (for the thrips but also for the silica in it) and wipe down the leaves by hand with an h2o2 solution and a paper towel.

hoping I can kick it and move into flower without it creeping back into any buds!!

(Side note: there’s webbing in the first picture, but I located the little guy and he was just a normal spider snacking on thrips.)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    give it a try

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    GreenAlchemist You are right there, to take care of pests first. I just thought that some defol would help with the pests!!

Ok, so it seems she's not in flower yet That's good because you can get her healthy before you flip.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X