Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    replied
    Neem not on buds!
    I used a pricey product called "Trifecta Crop Control", it is all natural, and claims to be safe all the way to harvest. It made no flavor change that I could tell in my finished buds. It worked for me, saved my crop
    What is the RH of your grow? Molds like warm moist air, I have this going on myself with plants in veg, I just cut it out and trim for air flow, good luck!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    GreenAlchemist You've read this, right? https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...powdery-mildew

I am very sorry to hear wpm is back. Shoot, you have really tried to save those girls.

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    I know how that feels. After years of no-problem hydro, it seems I can't get anything to thrive there but my coco grows can't fail. I had to move my Blueberry grow to coco to keep all but one of them alive. My Tangie grow may eventually have to go that way too. It's times like these that having a good stash built up smooths over these bumpy times. A massive Purple Haze harvest in the middle of this fight preserved my sanity.

If you try neem oil, spray just before lights out. Don't make the same mistake I made once and burn what's left of your plants!

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Losing the battle, not looking so promising.

PM has some back on several newer fan leaves, even with all the extra airflow, dry air, stable environment and spraying every night (literally every night, different solutions) it’s still thriving.

I’m pretty bummed out I couldn’t rid it, and now I’ve just located a red spider mite in the tent after leaf washing/pluckinng.. bugger!!

only method I haven’t tried is wettable sulphur, or neem oil..
    would it even be worth it at this point?

Debating just trashing them and giving the whole room a cleaning overhaul. what a nightmare! I have to think about the 4 healthy happy plants I have, and move on I think.

will update on end decision, still debating my options currently, but looking more and more like just restarting with stable/healthy genetics and a thriving environment.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    They look awesome, Alchie. It sounds like a darn good plan to me. If I had a dollar for every dollar I've spent over the past 5 years growing weed, I'd be a very rich woman. Well, maybe not rich, but I'd have enough for a good down payment on a BMW...

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Some changes in the grow room were made.
    I figured my best way to kick PM’s ass is to split the plants up in separate tents. (The idea is to keep them from transferring it to one another, and giving them both adequate airflow)

“WC” is in the 4x4 still with more room to grow, and the “GOD” is in the 3x3 filling it out nicely. Had to re-adjust the trellis net and add another to the 3x3, and get everything settled and ready for the flip. Sprayed again last night with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Will continue to spray, but also looking into spraying with pure tea tree oil mixed in water (I’m still researching this method, but reading great results! Anyone try this? I’d love to hear how it’s worked for you or any feedback, as there isn’t much on it yet in forums)

Some of the things I changed:
    - More airflow! Picked up 2 more fans, one that oscillates and hits the canopy well. (No more stale spots!)
    - Essential oil diffuser (with 100% pure tea tree oil, 5 drops per 500ml of water).
    - larger dehumidifier

feeling better about them now that I’ve crossed my T’s and dotted my I’s. Any tips or thoughts are always welcome!!

also..
    alltatup Also put my AC unit in there and just noticed it has a Dehumidifier setting! Much better than the dinkies I have going currently. Going to find the manual and go through/set it up. Thanks for making me think about Rh% and a better dehu! Really appreciate the advice *thumbs up*
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Alchie, I'm rooting for you and the girls. Leaf transpiration can be rough in vegetation because they get so leafy so fast. I'm always a little bit on tenderhooks during the later stages of vegetation because I always find leaves stuck together and sweating, so I defoliate at that point, and simply tuck various leaves, to keep them from flopping all sweating on top of each other.

So in my environment, which consists of two grow boxes, the goal is to keep them growing nice and strong, but defoliate enough to cut down on the leaf transpiration, which creates a lot of humidity. These are among the challenges of indoor growing.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update:
    Just finished doing a Foliar spray with apple cider vinegar.
    Sprayed up, down, in and out, drenched them and then gave them a light shake after to get any heavy excess liquid off the leaves.

Noticed a couple spots coming back again on the “WC”, but the smaller “GOD” plant is still PM and thrip free. So I’m thinking of setting up a 3x3 tent across the room to separate them, and see if giving them each their own space with adequate airflow and space to thrive will help.
    (by now I fear it will be a little too crowded and lop sided with them both stretching and flowering in one. I want to have a good even canopy)

Will continue to treat, and spray until the flip. Did some research and found that diffusing tea tree essential oil can help kill PM or other fungi in the air or on any surfaces it contacts. Going to purchase a diffuser and set it outside the tent to diffuse and hope it helps. (I should note I will be using a diffuser and not a humidifier, as I do not want to raise the Rh%)

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Humidity has been around 30-40% and only spikes higher to 50-60% for about 20 minutes or so after a watering/Foliar spray and back down to mid 30’s after that. Agreed, Definitely looking into a larger dehumidifier! Lol, Don’t want to have those sharp jumps after for too long

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear the issues are back!!! What is the humidity in the room? I always say, This ain't no cheap hobby. You need a big dehumidifier.

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll see if I can locate it on amazon ca. Couldn’t find it locally unfortunately.

Building up a good “pest prevention” shelf to use in the future as well, as PM can also be spotted outside in my new yard. Super nervous about it because I just moved here last month and my previous grow room / house was free of sooo many pests/fungi. Taking some getting used to with all the new steps/preventative measures

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    I use 'Defender Garden Fungicide ' - by Safer's on my WPM

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    Sticky traps to catch some of the adults and slow down their breeding might help. Bootleg spinosad is the only other thing I could recommend.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update time:
    well.. it’s back. Both actually..

did my morning checkup and noticed a thrip (squished it) but when there’s a thrip, there’s probably 10 more hiding.

went to see if I could locate anymore and boom.. PM regrowing on fan leaves. Feeling pretty bummed, but I hand washed the PM and cut the leaves off. Little more defoliation to make sure I have good airflow throughout (had a couple stale spots which is where the PM came back)

going to spray tonight with another heavier solution (potassium bicarbonate, eco-soap and canola oil)
    hopefully that gets them good before the flip, need to do that soon before they outveg my tent size.

oh boy, the patience with these ones.. anyone have any advice/ideas on these? Always open to suggestions or info.
    staying positive!
    cheers, GA.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I've got a front row seat, I can't wait to see them bud!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X