Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Would the safer’s 3 in 1 garden spray do well? It says it’s a fungicide, miticide and insecticide, or would you recommend just the PM fungicide by safers? Can only seem to locate the 3 in 1

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    That was my second thought as GSC is another huge one in this area, I’m hoping I can narrow it down when they mature in flower

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Any chance the person you got these gems from thinks Girl Scout is one word?

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Oh wow thanks for all the possible answers!! I’m sure the “GOD” Tag is God Bud (at least really hoping it is as I liked that one before for sleep)

I’m thinking the same as you with GC, possibly green crack as I know that’s a more popular strain in my area. Either way, excited to see how the flowers come in.

Absolutely, I’ve got them quarantined in their own tent in a separate room across the house, always wash my arms to my elbows and change after any work with them. Amazing how something so small can cause so many huge issues!

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the product tip! I’ll check that one out and see where I can pick it or a product like it up for PM.
    Never dealt with it before as I’m ocd with this stuff.

Going to deal with it today and defoliate, hopefully I can kick it in the butt and move forwards with flowering as soon as possible.

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Completely agree, don’t want to spread my problems!
    I set up a separate (closed off) room and deal with them as quarantined plants.

Guaranteed PM and thrips, hoping that’s all it is but keeping a close eye on anything else. Thinking about beneficial nematodes and possibly another predatory insect, but still researching the better working options.

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get any info on them. I want to say it’s in prestretch but no pistols or anything to let me know it’s gone through “the flip”, and with the current issues, I’m hoping to hold that off until the PM and thrips are dealt with.

I agree it needs some serious defoliation, going to read up on PM and see if it’s best to defoliate before or after treatment. Hoping I can bring these girls back to healthy, setting up a dehumidifier as we speak,

Thanks for the tips!

• DeadlyFruit
    replied
    Did a quick search for possible strains. There are a few things GOD could be but it is most likely God Bud, which is a pretty popular strain. Unfortunately, GC is a little harder to narrow down as their isn’t really one particular strain matching those initials that stands out from the others - they are mostly all hybrids of other better known varieties, but for the sake of listing a few: Galactic Cookies, Game Changer, Garlic Cookies, Gelato Cake, Ghost Cookies, GMO Cookies, Gorilla Cookies, Green Crack... the list goes on. If I had to pick the most likely/common strains I would say Gelato Cake, Gorilla Cookies or Green Crack. Doesn’t help so much if you don’t know exactly but maybe you notice a weird trait that matches one of them.

I would agree with those above and say not to let them anywhere near your other plants, and understand it is really easy for spores/eggs to be transferred on your clothes/skin so you may want to consider changing and washing before you go directly from one set of plants to the other.

good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    First sign of white powdery mold i spray my plants with a product made by Safer's - Defender Garden Fungicide. Works for me - but I've never had to deal with a small jungle like you have.

If not treated WPM should overtake both plants in less than a week.

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    replied
    I don't think I would take them within 100 yards of my plants.

If they already have 2 obvious PIA problems who knows how many spider mite eggs or fungi are aboard.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    What week are they in? Are they done stretching? I mean, I assume they're in flower.
    First thing I'd do is some serious defoliation.
    Second is turn on the dehumidifier.
    Also, I'd read over on gwe.com about WPM and how to treat it during flower (cuz I've never dealt with it before).

Leave a comment:

• Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Good day everyone,

So long story short, I was gifted two plants my cousin had received and couldn’t take care of.

feeling a bit overwhelmed with getting everything setup as no one could tell me any info about them - at all - wether bottled nutrients or dry amendments, outside, inside, soil, literally nothing to go on except the tags that say “GOD” and “GC” ..
    So any advice Is really appreciated!!

At the moment racing to set up my 4x4 tent, and right aways I notice some issues. They both have PM and possibly thrips (saw a few crawlers). Thankfully, they are no where near my other set-ups.

Never dealt with PM before, and wondering how could I deal with it in indoor grow setups. What’s worked best for you?

Thrips I’ve dealt with but welcome to advice or tips

thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenAlchemist; 06-04-2021, 04:25 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X