No announcement yet.

How I average a pound per plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its basicaly like a manifold but your not cutting any branches off your 2 horizontals but are u topping the end of your horizontals when u have 3 on each side or are u topping the 12 branches coming out of the horizontals mate i know u cutting what grows underneath horizontal i got some clones that are at the right stage now for this femenised i growing them under metal halides the nodes are tight together will thhis matter or is it a case of just spreading as much as i can mate

Comment

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Growell, I wonder if the asymmetrical branching pattern of clones will work with this method? BU2B seems to rely on "normal" branching to achieve his results.

It seems that several have some questions regarding the actual topping of branches; I am hoping that if a picture paints a thousand words that a diagram is worth at least 500.
    Here is an image viewed from above, showing your core plant structure and flowering growth tips (i.e. what will become flowering tip/branches)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Diagram1 (2).jpg Views:	53 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	464553
    Though I'm jumping slightly ahead - please look at the diagram; IF your plant has a basic structure like the one above, you will already have 44 or 46 flowering branches on your plant (including the 4 or 6 upward growing of your 'new' horizontal branches on either side of the Y). The amount grows exponentially as your plant grows new nodes. You can absolutely 'top' each branch growing horizontally off of your main Y, not just the end of each side Y. What you want to consider if you are going to 'top' each horizontal branch growing off of your main Y is that you are spreading the growing area of each branch to twice its size but adding only one more flowering branch as well as slowing plant growth. If you just allow your plant to grow naturally without 'topping' the tips of the horizontal branch; your plant will add 3 new flowering tips in the same amount of space. It is the 'topping' that slows a plants growth which is why a traditional manifold structure adds time to your grow. Using the manifold method is basically - 1 topping = 2 tips (allow to grow out), top again, 2nd topping = 4 tips (allow to grow out), top a 3rd time, 3rd topping = 8 tips. With straight forward Manifolding getting up to 16 growth tips can add an additional 3 weeks to your veg time. With this method (hmmm, maybe it needs a name other than modified manifold) you should already have over 40 'flowering tips' by week 6 - with more coming all on their own as the branches grow outward and upward until the end of vegetation week 8.

Keep in mind that at the same time you are keeping an eye on plants basic structure, you are also doing regular 'indoor' plant maintenance such as defoliating to keep 'flowering tips' exposed, LST to keep your canopy level, and dealing with any health or pest issues.
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-02-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Ok mate i know what u mean now u just top centre branch to make v then top the ends of the v just another question on pic it shows takeing of fan leaves when u do that also i going to be doing it on clones mate so can u keep me in mind mate if i put pics up will u help me through it cheers

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that clones are a bit different as the have offset nodes so it won't be like a new plant.

I’ll address how I handle clones but until I get the post up. Here are the girls today - week 4 day 2 of flowering.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2A9E2D7A-E0CC-4C73-B4D8-6179F8C08E7D.jpeg
Views:	874
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	464779

Comment

I see you still suck at tiny plants. Just the time you could save on trimming if you could just grow smaller plants. It's not that hard

this pic is from the internet I had to look for a visual to add to the joke.... lol
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

OFFICIAL Unofficial Announcement: I've decided to call the method shown here: "The BU2B (you couldn't get a) PPP Method" or BU2BPPP for short. The avatar name BU2B is from a song by RUSH "I was Brought Up 2 Believe, the universe had a plan..." and PPP is for PoundPerPlant. I'm open to suggestions really... but my hope is that people reap the rewards not so much that I get the credit. It's like patenting a natural plant process (like ... some have done). I don't think you can take credit for the plant doing what it does, though it is my pleasure to show you how to get your plant to do what it does all on its own.

A special thank you to all of you for tuning in, I've been wanting to do this for a while. Nice to know people are interested. Please, if you find any of the information useful, and the results are worth the effort put into them; SHARE THIS INFORMATION. I don't have all the answers to growing, but I do know this method as I've been using and refining it for a while. I am now to the point that not sharing what I learned would be worse than putting your method to scrutiny by others. To get the best use of this method, use it as a guide, not scripture.

A Reminder
        "When you've lost your way
        Colors start to fade
        Take a look within
        Find your offering
        Hold it to the sun
        Let your spirit run
        Remember
        Remember find your center"
        T.Hall
        Last edited by BU2B; 11-02-2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          BU2BPPP... Yeah, works for me Boss! You've certainly earned it here.

We're all waitin the final dry weigh-in from our BU2BPPP-Poster Girl plant. How's that Lady doin?

-Grouchy
          PS, grow simulation software Rawks.

How to use this method with clones:

This will be the only section addressing how to apply this method to clones. As has been mentioned - they're slightly different in that nodes are offset, not even as in a plant started from seed.

To use this method on a clone, you will want to start with any healthy branch and the main branch. You want to pick a section that has a good side branch that has relatively the same number of nodes as your main branch. If you don't have any branching (note - we are looking for actual branches here not just leaves) then start near the top of your clone. Your main branch is going to be 1 branch and the node you have chosen near the top of your clone is going to be the second branch. Gently fold the plant over and restrain the main branch right at the node. You DO NOT have to 'top' your clone, you are making use of what is there naturally. Though new nodes on your clone will be offset, the same principle applies. Remove under-facing growth and follow the general guidelines of this grow method. As shown earlier, I don't think there's much doubt that the plant its self doesn't give a care if the nodes are not even. Below are images of the same plant shown in post #30 to give you just one idea on how to apply this method to your clone. I can't make your clones have even nodes - but as see you can see, in the end it's really not 'much' of a problem.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Clone_Junction1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	464825Click image for larger version  Name:	Clone_Junction2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	5.40 MB ID:	464826Click image for larger version  Name:	clonestructure_1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	464827Click image for larger version  Name:	clonestructure_3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.32 MB ID:	464828 Click image for larger version  Name:	clone_veg.JPG Views:	0 Size:	5.75 MB ID:	464833

Hats off to you cloners - I've never been too good at making clones (I know, I know, like small plants - it's easy!) That's not to say I haven't been successful, just not consistent.
        Last edited by BU2B; 11-03-2020, 03:27 AM. Reason: fixed mistakes and typing errors

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks for taking the time to post all this.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes that is what my clones look like

• BU2B
          BU2B commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 "SPOILER ALERT!" - THAT is the remainder of the tutorial! ROTFL! Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag. 🤣
          Last edited by BU2B; 11-03-2020, 01:56 PM.

following this
        If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

Aweome tutorial so far! Looking forward to seeing the rest!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

so u dont top at all when useing clones then mate and u do everything at ends i just done my clone i followed what u did for seeds there not as symetrical so we see the pic u put up they 2 days inflower good info mate

Comment

This is a clone i sorta manifolded i think? Some get really stiff and woody to bend.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• BU2B
                BU2B commented
                Editing a comment
                Remember the Windows tubes screensaver? Some of my early plant structures would put it to shame. In my book, any grow is a good grow.
                "Homegrown is a good thing, Homegrown is the way it should be, Homegrown is a good thing, Plant that bell and let it ring!"

• AccidentalGardener
                AccidentalGardener commented
                Editing a comment
                My 4 clones nearing completion look a lot like this. I like it.

• MrPNW
                MrPNW commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe that style is called The Crain, which was perfected by Mr Miyagi in the Karate Kid film.

No Political Ads here folks, but 4 States are voting on Adult Recreational cannabis legalization today. If you reside in one of those states - I bet you know who you are - PLEASE VOTE FOR RESPONSIBLE ADULT USE OF CANNABIS!

New Jersey 👍🏼🎉
              Arizona 👍🏼🎉
              South Dakota - Medical & Adult Recreational👍🏼🎉
              Montana 👍🏼🎉
              And for Medical only we welcome Mississippi 👍🏼🎉

The following states now allow Adult Recreational Cannabis Use:
              • Alaska.
              • Arizona.
              • California.
              • Colorado.
              • Illinois.
              • District of Colombia.
              • Maine.
              • Massachusetts.
              • Michigan.
              • Montana.
              • Nevada.
              • New Jersey.
              • Oregon.
              • South Dakota.
              • Vermont.
              • AND Washington. (thanks Gluteous ) One would think I would remember this as I was in Washington a few months ago...
              Great job folks at this point more than 1/3rd of the population of the US now have access to Legal Cannabis. Every cannabis initiative on the ballot for 2020 except one passed!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	465203
              Last edited by BU2B; 11-14-2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
                grouchyoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel blessed to live in a state where both Recreational use and personal growing were recently legalized. After more decades than I care to remember of living on the edge of legality for my love of this sacred herb I am finally freed!

Get out and Vote to Set Cannabis Free.

-Grouchy

• Gluteous
                Gluteous commented
                Editing a comment
                You forgot Washington. We were the first to vote to legalize, 2nd to implement it.

• MrPNW
                MrPNW commented
                Editing a comment
                Great site showing states and their laws.
                The information provided on these pages is for informational purposes only and does not, and…

The following states have passed laws either fully or partially decriminalizing certain marijuana possession offenses.…

Manifolding can be done with clones. These 4 plants are clones from flowering plants. The first 3 made it back to veg, were manifolded, then sent back to flower.
              The fourth refused to veg, so just for fun sent it back to flower. My entry for the smallest plant also.

Following this post closely. Thank you BU2B .
              Attached Files
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

some incredible plant structures ,as I was looking though I noticed that some people leave the pod/flower when they cut the node off ,I always make sure they go in the duff pile they are loaded with THC
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I’ve been having some bad days health wise. Please accept my apology for not posting the last few days. I’ll get back to it in the next few days. Again my apologies

Comment

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Completely understandable that health comes 1st, no worries

• Ckbrew
                    Ckbrew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stay well

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey you sit back and relax we want you to be healthy and like doing this so you just take some rest time. Feel better soon

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X