Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    "rather than hiding": people are deep in denial.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise If Mom's falling down a lot, it may mean that the end is close. It happens to a lot of old folks. The way I see it, she's already communing with God up in the cosmos if she doesn't remember things of this earth. My mom went out with dementia, and my pops died after a fall. Just love her from afar; she'll feel it.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I fit in as I am 65, healthy but in the age group most affected (for now). Here on the farm I have plenty to keep my mind busy, as well as my body, plenty to eat even if the economy crashes, supply is gone whatever, I am good. If the power goes out, I'll use the solar systems. No water, I have a creek and do catch rain, fruit trees are set. I am a survivor, and I raised survivors!

• herbgrower
    replied
    Rwise Come on man. Humankind has not just survived but born and destined to hope. You aren't going anywhere. This is no one's time. It is unfortunate that we are losing people worldwide but we can't be defeated or feel defeated by a disease. You lose hope and we lose half the battle and trust me this pandemic isn't worth dying for. Now as far as the statistics go look at this below is a graph of mortality rate. In USA Trump first downplayed the pandemic and didn't become serious which led to rise in cases and eventually deaths because the administration wasn't serious, lot of government machinery wasn't serious moreover people weren't serious. Now Trump is trying to fear people of coronavirus. Suggesting exponential deaths. The truth is government has became serious, health institutions have became serious. Now corona is getting a response that was needed. Which has led to decline in death rates. Try to understand the situation of hospitals and staff. They didn't know what to do at that moment. They weren't prepared, it doesn't necessary mean that they aren't capable.
    So in my opinion one should start to take better care of oneself; physically, psychologically and emotionally. If you think your immune system or your preexisting condition is your weakness against this virus than it also upto you to take steps to eat healthy and stay fit rather than counting days. If you experience any of symptoms even a mild one, get tested. Understand what this virus does to your body and remember if you get timely help in the earliest possible than you wouldn't be at the risk of dying. I have also left two links below. One describes the symptoms and recovery day by day basis and other describes how it affects to people with underlying conditions. Now we are way past to washing hands and distancing, we have to go further and take extra care of ourself and be on a lookout for symptoms. The hospitals can save almost everyone if they get timely help rather than hiding.

If I may quote from Shawshank "Get busy living or get busy dying".

Nothing is permanent neither life nor disease.

*monologue complete*

After being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19, it can take as few as two and as many as 14 days for symptoms to develop. Cases range from mild to cri...

Last edited by herbgrower; 04-03-2020, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I hope all of us make it through this, but the reality is some of us will not, I could be one of those. Those that do will see a new world
    It is almost time for me to do my monthly shopping, I will buy different things than I would normally buy, and I am looking to set in at least a 2 month supply. I do not believe this will be over by June 1 (at least here in OK). I see things getting much worse before anything improves, and it seems the best thing I can do is stay on the farm! Feed for the animals as well, and whatever I can find to grow in the garden to eat.
    I did get a notice from the grow shop I use, they are open and considered necessary as we are an ag state. They are going to be doing curb pickup as well. I am still staying away, I dont need perlite bad enuf to risk my life for it!
    I said before this may well mean I have seen My Mother alive for the last time, she has fallen twice since the lockdown and is not doing well. She goes down in stair steps, and has few left. At this point she no longer understands why she is locked up and we cant see her, or she cant leave. For me at this time this is the hardest part of this shit!
    On a positive note, if there is a positive, we now have an ample supply of tests, which is going to make the numbers rise. They are about to start testing those that have recovered for antibodies built up that can be used to cure others.
    Those of us on SSI will get their stimulus with their SSI deposit, (workers get theirs first) which means for me it should be in my bank the 3rd of next month. For you younguns, you'll get it from the IRS, direct deposit or check, however you got your last return..

Leave a comment:

• swegrow
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you StillHigh1982

• StillHigh1982
    commented on 's reply
    I am a firm non believer, but let's not dance on their graves. Sorry to be a bummer.

• StillHigh1982
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you are feeling better soon.

• herbgrower
    commented on 's reply
    I think there are no new news. I mean the world is in lockdown. Much like world on vacation. All that anyone has to talk about is corona and the after effects of corona. I think this is the correct time to wonder when did humans become human? https://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/26/s...ame-human.html

I am sorry, I am just trying to kill the time or can i change the time!? I will go back to my thinking den!

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    The first death in Tulsa was a Preacher!

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    hahaha seems fair for the land of thoughts and prayers

• swegrow
    replied
    My country is still open. Borders (I think) and also business as usual. We dont have many infected but on the other hand, we are a very big country and very few habitant. 22/1km2 according to wikipedia.

Alot of small business are suffering and shutting down. Restaurants, clubs, hotels and so on.

So far my line of work (construction) is still thriving. Big sites dont shut down due to this. But this pandemic will have a huge impact on the economy and Im sure I will be effected later on.

The world wont be itself in years. They say its the biggest global catastrophy since ww2.

Since im sick mysef Im at home and following the news for once =)

Stay safe everyone and take care.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    Pence on Bloomberg blaming the Chinese rather than the ass dragging of the Trump administration. Blatant brown nosing by Apostle Pence! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	526
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	390949

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    The Pimp in Chief guilty as charged of murder!

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    Medical manufacturing companies jockeying around for maximum profits will kill many people. I first saw this story on RT.com, but the NY times is catching up. You could have bought your own personal ventilator for less than $3000 from Newport Manufacturing. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...-shortage.html The failures of capitalism are many.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X