Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    So we are out of luck or ? What is the prognosis? Most viruses mutate quickly so we can expect new is the norm anyway.

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    JohnEmad from what I have read, the corona virus is closely related to the SARS and MERS viruses. If that much is true, we may be able to model antibody lifespan and interpret results for this particular virus (educated guesses). From what we know about it already is that human immunity, weather from vaccine or actual exposure, will only last a year or two. After the antibodies, created to aid in the removal of the infection from the body, die off...the body can become infected again. The ones we studied for those diseases die off quite quickly (unlike the measles antibodies, for example, that remain in the human body for the rest of the hosts lifespan).
    Unfortunately, at this point in time, we have not had enough time/case studies to track the antibodies from individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 yet. In due time we will soon find out the reality of how long these particular antibodies really do live inside the human body.
    Last edited by Toker1; 04-15-2020, 12:13 PM.

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    My wife has five ducks along with her 11 chickens. Her alpha male has a harem of 4 females, and he dutifully is servicing them all. I don't see how they can effectively reproduce what with them going at it from behind. oops A little research reveals that ducks like ostriches have penises. https://www.nature.com/articles/news.2009.1159 I didn't know that! You can say that I have too much time on my hands.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    when I want to travel in space I just light up...lol

• starramus
    replied
    "Have to live life outside a bubble eventually."

I dunno about that. I've been on ebay looking to buy a space suit. None to be found! Read this as a child, and it was one of the great juvenile fictions by Heinlein. Click image for larger version

Name:	space suit.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	395623
    I certainly have time to reread it now.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    I used to hunt them tastty ducks but now I am happier just seeing them living their lives. Nice pic

• GreenState
    replied
    To lighten the atmosphere My alfa male is back in town courting the ladies. (looks like a decoy in this pic)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4742.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	395611

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    This will become like a flu virus. Part of the usual pain in the ass disease that runs through the human population by airborne or close contact every year. And like the flu or any virus there will be no real cure. Hope I am wrong but virus infections all seem to run the same basic path. Once this has leveled out I won't be so diligent not to get it. Like the flu everyone will eventually come in contact with it.
    Have to live life outside a bubble eventually.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I think we do have to steel ourselves for a long haul. No place is safe yet, and when we see someplace that's safe, we will all start understanding better what's involved in getting to that point.

I can't see lots of planes flying for a long, long time, because I don't believe there will be very much travel at all.

• Rwise
    replied
    In OK they are telling us 6 feet is NOT enuf, not anywhere near enuf to maintain social distancing, but they are looking at the wind we have almost always. There are also web sites for those that are open so those that are willing to go out (and chance getting infected) can find somewhere to go (and get the infection)..
    Edit
    They are also telling us this will run into and through the winter!
    /Edit
    Last edited by Rwise; 04-15-2020, 06:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    My woods grow partner and I went to check a new location out , we met their then stayed ten feet apart while walking ,it was a great spot until we found a camp fire pit lol
    I was born in Maine and the town we lived in was Blanchard . It had a population of 35 , there were 5 or 6 houses right in the middle of town then at least a half mile between houses , I think it would come to around .25 people per mile I don't think social distancing is needed in towns like that

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    replied
    The boredom and bad news etc gets to almost everyone.
    I have turned off the TV and radio etc. except for music when called for and continued with projects until I can return to work.
    Wife, dog and I go on wilderness hikes at least twice a week. Yes, even through the heavy wet snow. Life seems more normal that way.
    Hope everyone is finding ways to cope.
    Do your worst covid. We ain't going away easy.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Try being stuck in the boardroom with the chancellor during budget calls...…….. I retired to run from that crap

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    RagWeedDWC There's nothing I fucking hate more than a fucking faculty meeting. Biggest fucking waste of time.

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    I get the distinct impression that alltatup is not fond of meetings :-)
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 04-14-2020, 04:11 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X