Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    And let's not forget the snake oil salesmen we have in here.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Spoiler alert: This is a real unpopular gingerbeard view. I might get banished.
    Soooo... Love it, hate it. Deal with it. Thank it. Capitalism. Would there be any sort of cure or prophylaxis without it? Why are drugs so expensive at the get-go? Research and development. Without capitalistic remuneration for work done and profit to allow expansion, less work will get done because more work will be needed. Have you ever sold anything for a profit?
    Profit before people? Has to be, folks. Say a guy calls the electric company and demands a refund for a day when his power was out. No problem. Here's your refund. Then every single person who has a problem gets a refund. Then you have a(nother) bankrupt electric company,
    Do you enjoy the products you buy? Thanks for the contribution to capitalism. Anyone buy gas from a non profit oil company?
    The 1% who control all the money? I have no problem with that. Let's guess there are 350,000,000 people in the US. 1% is 3,500,000. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad money. If it is used instead of spent. You have what you are able to have. They have what they are able to have.
    Perhaps the final insult. Get ready. Weed companies are product contributors to big pharma. When we buy seeds, huge capitalism. The supplies many of use are produced for capitalism.
    Does any of this mean I am a big supporter of capitalism, yeah, probably. Do I like it? Not so much. Ever see 'The Gods Must Be Crazy?' That, my friends, before the Coke bottle, is what a non capitalistic society looks like. No one is trying to get ahead of anyone else. There are no possessions. Whoever has the Coke bottle is the big man on campus.
    Let's hear it...

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    We will go extinct through self-destruction; just a question of time.

• starramus
    replied
    On another avenue of science "fiction" might Covid-19 be blowback from a fucked up attempt to rein in China's growing economic prowess? https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/...-curbing-China Of course there are arguments in opposition. https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/04/...-19-bioweapon/

With all of the accusations back, and forth I can see this escalating into a thermonuclear war. Chinese Global Times editor Hu Xijing refers to Australia as "chewing gum stuck to the soles of our shoes".
    Last edited by starramus; 04-30-2020, 11:37 AM. Reason: i toopid

Leave a comment:

• smoorman
    replied
    Damn, I sure hope we're not all going extinct. That would be a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Yes according to the study, which should be taken with a kilogram of salt, instead of a 14 day stay in the hospital for Covid-19 treatment the stay would be reduced to 11 days. In addition the mortality rate is theoretically reduced by 20%. Gilead has been desperately searching for a use of their uber expensive drug. Maybe they'll next offer it as a cure for ED. I don't have much faith in American capitalism eradicating this viral monster. Not so much in American media I've seen that the Chinese have been successful in cloning antibodies. Are the "Chicoms" coming to the rescue?

On a more macroscopic level could this be the opening stages of a mass extinction? The Age of Reptiles may have ended via a viral onslaught rather than an asteroid collision. The Age of Mammals could be in the cross hairs of this viral nemesis. I've seen spotty reports of tigers, cats, and dogs testing positive.

• smoorman
    replied
    Whichever big pharma company comes up with an effective treatment with a high success rate will rake in tens if not hundreds of billions. I took a course of Harvoni by Gilead. It was around $145,000. My total co-pay was $20. Tens of thousands of these treatments were sold. Good old capitalism has gotten the price down to around $28,000 for something just as effective. India told Gilead to shove their patent up their ass and began producing the generic version of Harvoni for $300 for domestic use. It will be real interesting to see how this all plays out. I believe it was Gilead Science’s remdesivir that somewhat sped up recovery time and slightly reduced mortality rates for covid patients. This study was done on the governments dime. Gilead will likely reap ALL the profits from this. This is more of the "socializing of research and capitillising of profits" in play.
    Last edited by smoorman; 04-30-2020, 10:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Wonderful news gosh live news direct from GWE what a treat!!

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    DJIA popped 532 points yesterday. This failed ebola drug was supposedly the answer. IMHO big pharma just wants a piece of the action.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Its kinda scary what they are doing here, Tulsa says they will not open until the 1st. My issue, they also tell us to expect our peak here near the middle of next month, but the hospitals have beds so go to work and get sick!
    Edit Also google "covid toes" /Edit

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    This is not political. I'm not responding to comments. It's a vent.
    Lysol is not a food grade disinfectant and should not be used as a cure or prophylaxis. 190% Everclear is food grade and has been used by pharmacists for years to sterilize things. Give yourself a good shot of Everclear as a bumper when you wake up in the morning and you can kiss your ineffective masks away.
    For those of us with LED lights? Yeah, buddy. We're cool. Since I just jumped up to a 600 watt LED, I've got lots of UV to keep me safe.
    Ha-ha! Just joking, y'all. I was pulling a burn on one of y'alls dumbass questions.
    People still support him. Listen to him. He is so fucking, unquestionably, and eternally stupid. The best thing he can do for America is keep making such stupid fucking comments and blame his fucking stupidity on others. That'll narrow his supporters down to the hillbillies highest in the hills, and people who owe him money. How long will it be until a report comes out of someone following one of his brainstorms and dying?

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    you might get away with it but not me she was 5 feet something and I'm 63 230 lbs . and very intimidating , so no matter what the bitch did I was still going to be the bad guy lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    ok now I get it , i'm not looking forward to when they reopen , I think I will continue to wear gloves and a mask long after they reopen

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Hey OJ if I was near that illiterate filthy bitch she would not of seen it coming. I would of riped her from head to toe. Here I am took all the fucking precautions, my Podunk dr. in dumb ass town won't do the test on me. Like you we self isolated have not been to see anyone no kids, no family fuck that anymore. I got R lower lobe pneumonia I was high risk had double pneumonia over 25yrs ago. Lost my taste, had head ache for days, got fever for over 4days. Chills and sweats like nothing I've ever had since that double shit. Got near kidney damage took my urine into her I have never seen this ever before in myself. Every hair on my scalp, skin nearly cried from sensitivity. I hate fucking comie china virus. It's the china virus. Wuhan China Virus. I swear to God if you don't have any common sense let those ingnorant fuckers rot.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Well, ok, I see this as waist, do CBD plants not grow from C19? Or do the extraction methods suddenly stop working? I am all for a helping hand for those that really need it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X