No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I noticed after topping my solo entry it started to develop new growth at the point of topping- on the main stem. Has anyone ever had a plant regrow after topping?? How sweet would it be if I had 5 main colas 🤩
    Current Grow:
    • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
    • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
    • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
    ​​​​Nutrients
    • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
    • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
    • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
    • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
    • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

you fimed her fimming is when you dont cut all of the main bud site and it grows out fim=fuck i missed lol
      if you leave her until the new growth tips are a 1/2 inch long you can cut about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of stem above the NG tips
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I think she is looking good! Drip feeding is a definite plus in the confinements of the cup. Going to flip to 12/12 today. That said if it weren't for the competition I may have made a different decision. But sometimes I think I "over-veg". So we shall see. It will give me 7 weeks at 12/12 before April 10th.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200215_110038.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	376079

Name:	IMG_20200215_110049.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	376080

Name:	IMG_20200215_110043.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	376081

Comment

big healthy plant, should be about right to flower. great job so far. I like the drip system as well.

Comment

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Necessity is the mother of invention. ;-)

E.C. and G. are coming along. I was having an issue with misunderstanding of FFOF, water pH, and nutrients Nothing major. All issues are well under hand.
          Hannah's Ghost, man, what a drag. I have nothing to lose in keeping her growing. I wish she could be like one of her bastard bagseed cousins.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

Day 45, Time for the 2 week renew of the res. Flushed all the solo cup girls with ph'd water and had run off slightly higher in ph and much lower in PPM so things are on cruise control. Slowly pushing the ppm up to 745, ph@5.60. Found the ph slowly goes up while the PPM go down over a few days. I assume the plant uses more of 1 type of nutrient then another and this effects the nute solutions makeup..
            Although i desire large, quality and potent plants, this solo cup idea may produce enough decent bud I could grow many more strains/ cultivars at the same time. Especially if they produce say close to an oz of good stuff.
            Last edited by JohnEmad; 02-17-2020, 11:31 PM.

Comment

SHIT! Dood, thanks billyboy for pointing out that the deadline is 7 weeks away, cuz I was happy watching this solo cup over-veg.

Sorry for the lack of updates, and Mango will probably not be done before judgement day. Nevertheless, she found a little spot of flower tent real estate between her mother and HolyGrail Kush, which are about 4 weeks in flower already. If solo cup girl does anything like her mama, woof! Watta solo cup!

The autos, Super Dense and Great White, are the first plants that I've grown in their natural shape, no topping or LST. They started flowering about 2 weeks ago. Great White is the taller, faster growing one planted in straight Ocean Forest. She has done well even though I've intentionally tried to over water her. She's starting to look a like she's depleted the soil and I should have started feeding her about a week ago.

I've switched from feeding bottled liquid fertizer back to my big old bag of MegaCrop. We'll see if it's everything I remember.

Thank you Mr.furley for setting up this project. I've had so much fun germinating, cloning, and trying so many things that I was told I shouldn't do, and learning from all the crazy fun shit the rest of you guys are doing too!

GWE ROCKS!
              Last edited by DingusKhan; 02-17-2020, 12:02 AM.
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                those solo cup girls look so good. did you train much or let them go natural?

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks JohnEmad the two tall autos are growing naturally. The mango is wrapped with wire and bent over, letting the 3 lowest branches spread out.

Solo girls still chugg'n along. Flowers started a couple of days ago. She stretched a couple of inches in a week. I seem to have a tent full of primadonnas this grow. Half of them need their own special nute/feeding schedule..PITA!...lol.and then solo girl kicks you in the junk and looks like shes dying cause you havent been paying attention to her.
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

Today is day 44 for the G-14, still no signs of flower. I’m just continuing to spread out her branches.
                Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

12/12 for a week now and the AP in the coco has some whispy whites showing already. I'm sure the dwc cup will be doing the same soon.
                  4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
                  GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
                  Second.Grow​​
                  PC.Grow
                  Grow.3
                  4th.Grow
                  I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    that plant looks like it will be a big producer nice job.

• NickyChicks
                    NickyChicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks JohnEmad me too, it would be nice to yield something decent. I would definitely say the same about your Walter white, she's a beauty, so big and square

Top - Bottom How does she look?
                  Have a heavy rubber drink coaster wrapped around her for stability. I was looking for a rubber baby buggy bumper - even a dolls rubber baby buggy bumper would work - but... Click image for larger version

Name:	20200217_091540.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	946.4 KB
ID:	376694Click image for larger version

Name:	20200217_091519.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	895.7 KB
ID:	376695
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    already buds formed, looks like a healthy plant .

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It looks good now, but I almost killed it near the start - leaves were all yellow and curled up.

• FourPeice
                    FourPeice commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Been searching back to see how this was looking earlier. She looks so good, wish I had’ve signed up earlier would’ve been fun to participate. Keen for next year

there she is on the right ,sitting tall with her big sisters just wishing she had a bigger pot
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice full room. The light runs on a rail does it OJH?

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes it does the trick is figuring out the best distance

Today is day 50 for the Gorilla Glue Auto. She has a decent amount of buds, and she's looking very healthy! She is bone dry after 24 hours from watering so I have to keep up on that. Cant wait to see how much I'll get!

Name:	20200219_050113-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	871.4 KB
ID:	377019

Name:	20200219_050141-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	797.7 KB
ID:	377020
                  Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    nice job shes a beast for a solo cup

• billyboy
                    billyboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice! Just topped?

• Doubledealing72
                    Doubledealing72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks everyone!

billyboy - I went with the quadline actually lol

So far I'm really surprised to see how well the solo cup plants are doing! Congrats to everyone. Goes to show, in the end these plants are in fact weeds.
                  "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll second this! I am surprised as to the amount some are going to produce!
                    Should we be looking at their bottoms? LOL

Han is 13.5" tall. I'm having trouble keeping her from drying out before I get to water each day. Saw some yellow on the crown. Keeping an eye out for that. I like nanners on cereal, not on my plant. Hoping it is just young growth coming in a tad lighter. I may not "win" but anyone who gets to the finish line in these tiny things is a winner in my book. In case Mr. Furley is keeping track: 16oz of FFOF, White Widow Fem Photoperiod. FF nute trio at ~2/3 strength (up from 1/4). Flipped to 12/12 at 2 weeks. She gets water/nutes each day while her bunkmates are on a 2 to 3 day cycle depending on their needs.
                  TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                  EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                  AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                  IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• billyboy
                    billyboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Impressive

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking real good! I agree it's an accomplishment just to get one to harvest. They can swing fast in such a tiny environment.

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    those are going to be some big fat buds well done

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X