Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    On a cold winter day in New England, this historic thread is sustaining and enlivening me. What a colorful coven of rascals convened with their wit and wisdom for our education and entertainment!

I'm reading this little bit of GWE history for the first time and just offering a Thank You to all who took the time to participate and share your thoughts and your delightful weirdness.

Well done all.

-Grouchy
    PS:@Starramus: "klaatu barada nikto!!!"

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely makes me think about all the soil and coco I’ve wasted over the years

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    Kind of makes you reconsider your whole set-up don't it ?

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    I just found this thread and there’s many incredible solo cup grows on here. Wow

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Damn!!!!

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    love the colors, a real beauty.

• arty zan
    replied
    Well this was a nice comp, with some great grows.
    A real shame I missed it, security issues stopped growing for 9 months!
    Only got back to it in April.
    A friend of mine got me into solo cups and I have been having a blat growing them.
    I thought this might be a nice place to post my Solo Cups.

This is Critical Orange Punch Auto - Just coming into flower
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6242 (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	879
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	422163

This is Spirit walker Auto

Name:	DSCN6275 (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	1572
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	422164

This is Ruby Auto

Name:	DSCN6298 (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	749
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	422162
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Congrats, well done.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    replied
    After 129 days I chopped both of my solo cup girls. The coco cup was a beauty. Despite it's small size, I managed to get 8.3g off of her. The DWC cup did much better, almost a full oz I got 26.9g. I just put the buds into Grove bags to cure, I'm excited to see how they smoke. This obviously wasn't the best strain choice for the 100 day portion of the challenge but I'm real happy with how they turned out.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Was thinking the same thing...love the kitchen, great plant too👍

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    Now that’s impressive.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Nice haul there and love your kitchen LOL

• billyboy
    replied
    OK so finally got the solo cup girl harvested and dried. Life was crazy around the 10th and she was not done and it was what it was. But my OCD won't let me leave this incomplete so here she is.

I torched the first seedling by putting her too close to the 600W MH. The next sprout, this one that made it, when I first planter her I filled the cup with soil but when I went to water her the water literally ran off the top of the soil and onto the tent floor. So I had to get inventive.

Name:	dripBag.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	400849

Growing with the cup being 3/4 perlite and a layer of soil/perlite mix (about the depth of a peat plug) and the improvised drip feeder with the IV made the set up work for me. It let me water once a day by filling the bag and letting the plant have good drainage. Also I cut holes in the side of the cup and lined it with some cheese cloth in a nod to the fabric pots that I have had a bunch of successful grows with. I fim'd the top about a week before 12/12 bu mostly just let it grow with very minor defoliation. She was thin and branchy the whole time.

Ended up with 29 grams of some good stuff, Grand Daddy Purple, and a fun grow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	400847
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111708.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	400845
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111728.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	400846
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	400848
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_123910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	400844

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    Too funny. Your neighbor just wanted a new house plant? Hey at least you’ve got some pollen readily available!

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Fortunately I planted a back up which is a female, and flourishing. I don't know what it is about this strain, but it is a very slow going seedling. All I have planted have been this way.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X