No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so finally got the solo cup girl harvested and dried. Life was crazy around the 10th and she was not done and it was what it was. But my OCD won't let me leave this incomplete so here she is.

I torched the first seedling by putting her too close to the 600W MH. The next sprout, this one that made it, when I first planter her I filled the cup with soil but when I went to water her the water literally ran off the top of the soil and onto the tent floor. So I had to get inventive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dripBag.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	400849

Growing with the cup being 3/4 perlite and a layer of soil/perlite mix (about the depth of a peat plug) and the improvised drip feeder with the IV made the set up work for me. It let me water once a day by filling the bag and letting the plant have good drainage. Also I cut holes in the side of the cup and lined it with some cheese cloth in a nod to the fabric pots that I have had a bunch of successful grows with. I fim'd the top about a week before 12/12 bu mostly just let it grow with very minor defoliation. She was thin and branchy the whole time.

Ended up with 29 grams of some good stuff, Grand Daddy Purple, and a fun grow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	400847
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111708.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	400845
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111728.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	400846
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_111601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	400848
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200425_123910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	400844

Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice haul there and love your kitchen LOL

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that’s impressive.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Was thinking the same thing...love the kitchen, great plant too👍

After 129 days I chopped both of my solo cup girls. The coco cup was a beauty. Despite it's small size, I managed to get 8.3g off of her. The DWC cup did much better, almost a full oz I got 26.9g. I just put the buds into Grove bags to cure, I'm excited to see how they smoke. This obviously wasn't the best strain choice for the 100 day portion of the challenge but I'm real happy with how they turned out.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Congrats, well done.

Comment

Well this was a nice comp, with some great grows.
        A real shame I missed it, security issues stopped growing for 9 months!
        Only got back to it in April.
        A friend of mine got me into solo cups and I have been having a blat growing them.
        I thought this might be a nice place to post my Solo Cups.

This is Critical Orange Punch Auto - Just coming into flower

Name:	DSCN6242 (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	874
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	422163

This is Spirit walker Auto

Name:	DSCN6275 (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	1555
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	422164

This is Ruby Auto

Name:	DSCN6298 (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	741
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	422162
        Attached Files

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          love the colors, a real beauty.

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn!!!!

I just found this thread and there’s many incredible solo cup grows on here. Wow

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
          Eliot Pryor commented
          Editing a comment
          Kind of makes you reconsider your whole set-up don't it ?

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely makes me think about all the soil and coco I’ve wasted over the years

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X