No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 37 for the solo entries. Walter White is still not showing any signs of flowering so she may run longer then anticipated.
    The two tiny plants are going to be done flowering much faster.

Comment

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      JohnEmad how did you train such a perfect little tree? I love it. And a bit jealous.

Drip feeder seems to be working

Click image for larger version

Name:	solo2.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	374411

She looks healthy and I FIM'd her up

Name:	soloFIM.jpg
Views:	561
ID:	374413

Name:	solo3.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	374412Click image for larger version

Name:	solo1.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	374414

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      She is in intensive care. lol!

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL - my better half was watching Grey's Anatomy which gave me the idea. It was cheap on Amazon and I just hang it from the crossbar on the top of the room. The nice thing is all the perlite in the cup lets her drain and it takes hours to empty the bag (there is a little pressure valve you roll with your thumb and I can get it to 1 drip every second or two). Not much run off. Maybe 10%. She has really started to grow so I think it is working :-)

When is everyone going to throw their solo cup entrant into 12/12 and flower her ? (for those growing photos)

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback billyboy. On the 12/12 I flipped my WW photo at 2 weeks. Needed the other plants to get their flower on. I knew it would be small and since this is about as experimental as ya can get this was a good time to see how it'll go. At last measure she had stopped "stretching" at 11.5 inches tall. Pics later when I can get unfettered access without sensitive noses about.

Today is day 41 for the Gorilla Glue auto. The flower stretch is on, and her few buds are starting to form nicely lol.

Name:	20200209_144035-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	700.8 KB
ID:	374475

Name:	20200209_144031-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	873.0 KB
ID:	374476
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the nicest looking plants for sure. Maybe I should have topped my girl.

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking real good. What kind of nutes are you using?

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Megacrop, sweet candy, bud explosion, calmag, and silica blast

Day 37 for the G-14, she’s starting to hit her stride. According to FastBuds, she’ll start flowering around day 40. I’m hoping she holds off another week.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a sophisticated looking setup. Nice job.

Solo GG#4 Auto. She's doing ok..not getting as much attention cause the tent is keeping me busy. I may remove a couple of leaves today and a bit more aggressive LST, but thats about it. should start showing flowers this week by the looks of her healthy sister in her 5gal pot.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a big healthy plant for a solo cup. V nice.

I think Im going to start calling her one bud ,I started the autos on bloom nutes yesterday
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh she's so petite are you gonna give her some sweet mole asses LOL my new killer kitty really been taking care of those lately.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      im in my cellar so I trap im and give them to the chickens what a show they put on I do feel bad for the mice/moles but I only get a couple a year lol

Did a little defoliating, lighting got switched to 12/12 yesterday. The dwc is looking a little bonsai like, definitely fun to train.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!! So far so good, with the help of gwe and the forum makes its easy. Haha, yeah I just ordered a 5 different strains of auto seeds from seedsman last week, well I ordered 3 and got 2 free. Between the ones I have from my first order, the order I just made and all the bag seed I have, I have enough seeds to keep me busy for a longggg time. Just need my state to legalize!

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you. What state are you in NickyChicks?

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Greenlivin CT

Day 18 since breaking ground. I’m shocked how well this strain is coming along- especially being bag seed. Topped and switched to 12/12 yesterday. Assuming that’ll slow her down for a few days, but then hoping she stretches. Has anyone else topped?
    Attached Files
    Current Grow:
    • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
    • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
    • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
    ​​​​Nutrients
    • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
    • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
    • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
    • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
    • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't top mine.

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      FIM'd - giving her a week and then switching to 12/12

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      billyboy I’m sure I’ll regret not waiting to flip. Rookie mistake.

Originally posted by billyboy View Post
    Drip feeder seems to be working

Name:	solo2.jpg
Views:	565
ID:	374411

She looks healthy and I FIM'd her up

Name:	soloFIM.jpg
Views:	561
ID:	374413

Name:	solo3.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	374412Click image for larger version

Name:	solo1.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	374414
    That is freaking hilarious I never ever thought about using one of those as a drip feeder LOL are you a nurse just curious
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      My better half was watching Grey's Anatomy and it gave me the idea :-)

Works great!

Nute Back in the army days, one of my duties was combat lifesaver. It's a step down from medic. Another buddy was a medic who had access to IV saline bags.
    One fine Friday night, my good alcoholic buddies gathered in someone's room with a box of IV bags. Everyone had their own handle of various alcohols. Medic buddy and I hooked everyone, and each other, to a bags of saline solution. The drinking and drips started. I don't really remember much after that.
    The next morning I woke up. Warn't a sign of a hangover amongst the group. A morning stop in the latrine to freshen up and all was good. Can't get much better hydration than medical grade salt water.
    Thanks for the memories.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew I liked you for a reason. I was a medic and I trained MPs to be combat lifesavers. That was so much fun, it inspired a love of teaching (but not as a school teacher) that I still do. And we did drunken IVs in the barracks, too.

That's a great story gingerbread lol
    5x5 tent
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      'tis a dangerous thing to consider not having Monday morning repercussions after a weekend of heavy drinking. Luckily that was the only time we did it. It was a Friday. Sunday morning came around with hair of the dog. The day was spent drinking. Monday mornings, man. Monday mornings were 2 mile company runs. I've never been a strong runner. The combination of surrounding malt liquor farts, greasy, morning chow hall smells, my chubby self, and my own sour stomach made me drop out and puke behind a car on many occasions. The car was always parked at a chow hall. That is 99% of the reason I haven't eaten bacon since, and rarely eat breakfast.
      On the positive side, I have a 100% altogether end to hangovers. Get a catheter if you're a drinker. You won't have to stick yourself so many times and get tracks.

That is some crazy ass shit gingerbread lol
    5x5 tent
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I was at Ft. Campbell. Went to Air Assault school. It was a thing to find a way onto a rappelling tower at night, and practice rappelling skills. I was... fortunate. Only by good luck. No skill involved in luck.
      When there was evidence of such puerile activities it was easy to find out who it was. If discovered the night before the next morning formation, open ranks and call out for some squat-thrusts. People unable to comply are high on the list of soldiers of interest. Them sold'ers and the ones on sick call. Otherwise it happened in the evening roll call.
      My first sergeant, at the time, was a real angry guy. A large angry guy who might have been vying for a drill sergeant position based on attitude alone. Once he singled a few people out, he closed formation. Dismissed everyone, except the suspects. They all went back to bad attitudes office.
      A spooky thing about what may or may not have happened to suspects on the two occasions I was witness to. There was no talk of it ever again. There was no visible trauma or loss of rank. But the convicted shut the hell up when asked what happened.

Day 41 for the solo cup girls. The also ran Beary White back left is 7"tall and making some flowers. poor little 3BOG is only 6 " and is trying hard in her own way. All my fault for their lack of development.
    Walter White is the star of the show and just starting to flower. Upped the nutes to 650ppm and lowered the 100W cobb to 20 inches. Roots air prune in this setup. Drip feeding 3 times a day to the WW, hand watering as needed for the other 2.

Name:	20200212_231315_resized.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	775.2 KB
ID:	375277Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_231320_resized.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	776.8 KB
ID:	375274Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_231327_resized.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	899.9 KB
ID:	375276Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_232043.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	375278Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_231402_resized.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	454.7 KB
ID:	375275Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_231410_resized.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	375273

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      wow! Walter is a sturdy looking plant. That looks like it might produce some pretty decent bud lol.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      yup walter is looking good

I opted out of the solo cup grow off choosing instead to manifold the plant. I have created the base and planted it in a bigger pot. This will be my first ever manifold. I am considering re-entering the top cutting if I am successful in re-rooting it. I just have it under my T5s at present, but will hang my CMH315 shortly. I have other seedlings that I do not want to stress with the CMH. I am somewhat limited in space in one of the basement rooms I am using for a winter grow so will not transplant into grow bags until the vernal equinox. I have numerous veggies started on the other side of the room under a T8 set up . Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0315.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	375685Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0316.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	375686Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0314.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.41 MB ID:	375687
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0317.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	375689Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0318.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.13 MB ID:	375690
    I been busy!
    Last edited by starramus; 02-14-2020, 10:25 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good. I've got to start my veggies too. I can't really put anything outside till the last week of May so I don't want to start too early. I can get my peppers going at least. I need more t5's though. All my lights are occupied atm.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      SirSmksAlot Fortunately I have a barn with a a grow room, and tent. I will transport to there when the equinox, and milder weather arrive. I may run the lights at night for light, and heat. You reminded me I haven't started my anaheim, or jalapeno peppers yet.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      We cannot plant outside until near the end of May here. nice to see your seedlings going. if only.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0319.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	375698 12 strains Waiting For the Sun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1WnrjciO8c
    Last edited by starramus; 02-14-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X