No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 27 for my Alaskan Purple. The plant in the dwc cup has been bent and tied a couple of times and I took one leaf. The one in the coco, I haven't done anything but water. I may top it tonight, we shall see 🤔
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Moving right along.
      What's that? What's that, you ask. Well, it's not technically a Solo cup. Technically, it's a medicine bottle. So what, you ask. You shouldn't ask. I have no answer for you. That one was planted on 01/14.
      Why did I grow in straws? FoSoHoApo. That's why. Growing weed sideways ain't a thing. Well, it wasn't grown horizontally in the straw and is not technically growing sideways. Only out a sideways straw (hole.) A little more purpose to this one. I can see taking a handful of these things and going around plugging walls and trees and such that might give a plant a place to grow. It's not an epiphyte, but grow it like an epiphyte. I'll call it BloFnWe. Doesn't mean anything. I just needed to give it something that looks like an acronym that means something, as I do.
      Hannah was to towel on 01/7. Put to soil on 01/12. Put to FFOF on 01/18.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a syringe from a printer cartridge refill kit. No needle. It squirts water in the holes perfectly.
        Gingerbeard don't put needles in himself.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Good man, Gingerbeard. Even if you could stuff the buds into the syringe, I doubt it would squirt out very evenly.

Don't ask me how I know

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm an early middle aged man. Squirting evenly?

Today is going to be bondage day ,I had to raise my lights back to 15 inches the girls shot up so much
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
        OlderNOTwiser commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't realize you enjoyed that sort of thing! And so early!

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Bind'm while they're young, as the chinese always used to say.

These are the 2 that won't be part of the official solo cup challenge. Beary White x and a 3 Bears OG. Both germed and up on Jan 3 or 4th. lol. They both almost expired before I transplanted them and added root hormone and kelp. if you can believe it they are about double their size from 4 days ago and have that green color back.
      I may get a couple grams from each if they make it to harvest. Just wanted to see if I could nurse them back from the brink.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200128_184331.jpg Views:	9 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	370799
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-28-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        They look like they're about to take off.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Its just for curiosity now. at 4 weeks old they don't have a chance of doing anything much I would assume but who knows?

Moving right along......
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_160625.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	370813
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Mcubed looks like you had a great night lol

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I have wondered how you grew such great plants Mr F. until now. Twist them into shape. Who knew!

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I am always asking the question is longer, or thicker better?

Finally coming around..struggled thru the first couple of weeks. Was feeding with 6.0 ph water..up'ed it too 6.3 and shes feeling better now.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

so I ended up topping the solo cup darkdevil,I took a picture of the cup and name tag but missed most of the plant ,there are like 14 pictures downloaded so when I get to it ill comeback and post I figure everyone else could use a chuckle
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, bruh. That must have been a hell of a session!

well heres my solo cup lol

Comment

Jan 28th solo cup update
          Attached Files
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

Who asked how I water this?
            This was done out of necessity. There was no other way to soak it. The story starts with a new water heater and ends with what you see. However it looks, it was effective and the plant at the 90° mark confessed to being a witch. Which is cool because I want females.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Now.... wait a minute. Stories that include new water heaters always have an old water heater as a villain. Where is your old water heater?

AND, in all of your previous pictures, it looked like that flat, four-pointed "jack" you have there was horizontally oriented.

Now, it's vertical, and one of the seedlings appears submerged. Mind. F-ing. Blown.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Now you know witches come in male also, what you see on TV is for TV

I'm thinking about a YouTube page thing for myself. Be some sort of weed influencer. The first GWE spinoff. Crazy crap and shit you can do to weed. Several of us understand, with doctoral level knowledge, what you can do with a weed plant. But what kind of crazy crap and shit can you do to a weed plant?
            The Four Solo Horsemen of the Apocolypse (FoSoHoApo)... follow along. Use your finger to help tell the story. Your finger is a straw. Straws sprouted vertical. Straws plugged on the horizontal. When watering with syringe, watered vertically and horizontally. Soaking in the tub, horizontally. Using a topped peanut butter jar to soak positive and negative x, and positive and negative y. They all got this soaking the same way. A one off since the -y plant in the water will be too big for the next watering. Next time the water heater shouldn't be broken. Then it will go in the kitchen sink for a nice, horizontal soak. It helps to understand the UCS when determining and changing your (X,Y,Z) flavin.
            The apartment complex is a couple months shy of 7 years old. 100% of the building is a piece of shit. I'm not going to say the WH was only 7 years old because I'll bet you my next harvest the thing was bought used. I've complained a few times that my water often smells like sewage. Being next to the Tijuana river (HA!), that's a concern. Hell doesn't need too many water heaters but I believe in my loins that this one is there. Maintenance and management said the smell was coming from my drains and that I should clean them. They have nothing to say when I tell them I bleach my drains. Anyway, my water doesn't smell like anything, now.
            DingusKhan I love you, man. I'm going to start believing in Christmas and send you a card.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              But let us proceed to the Amantillado!

Started training with a ponytail and a bit of leaf tucking. Nothing to severe.

Name:	20200129_211447.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	371164

Comment

Today is day 30 for the Gorilla Glue. Good news and bad news.

Good news - I see some hairs starting, so she is starting to flower!

Bad news - I have concerns of rootboundedness. She is looking alright, just not fantastic lol.

In other news, I decided to follow through with my mini quadline. So far, so good lol.

Name:	20200130_143630-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	746.7 KB
ID:	371334

Name:	20200130_143641-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	738.8 KB
ID:	371335
              Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                How cute she is LOL

• Doubledealing72
                Doubledealing72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Poor lil thang will never get the chance to reach her full potential! Lol, that's okay though!

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                my girl is in bloom as well I thought she was to small to manifold so I just topped her good luck with yours

"Bad news - I have concerns of rootboundedness. She is looking alright, just not fantastic lol."

On the subject of root bounding I am considering aborting my solo cup mission. I hate to stunt a good plant, and I am wanting more of this strain amnesia lemon kush. She is smelling like she's gonna be a productive lady so I may extract the peat pot from the solo cup, and transplant her into a 10 gallon grow bag. Sorry, but i am going to chicken out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0305.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	371479
              Last edited by starramus; 01-31-2020, 07:04 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                oldjarhead100 On the 23rd I started 10 more plants. Just can't waste this one as it is looking so prospective.

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                If you had another Amnesia Lemon Kush seed I would say maybe just start that seed in a larger pot for a good amount of harvest and keep this one going for the comp.

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd be more worried about not having drainage holes, can't you take a clone.

And now it begins,, this is the part I had concerns with, I am watching to see what I can learn here!
              Good luck to all!

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                How about one of your own to learn hands on with us? I have an extra Alaskan Purple clone in a solo cup I'd like to donate that is small but well started now, cut Jan. 1st as per the rules and sorta documented in the clone along. I don't think there would be any rule violation and I doubt anyone here would be upset with another participant. Would this be ok Mr.furley ?

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Anybody is welcome to join in at anytime on this tread. Just because we are having a friendly competition doesn't mean people can't grow along, the start and finish dates are important only if you intend to be judged.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                FunkyButtLovin Nice offer, I have to many things going to join in this late!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X