No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 days already. Drip system working alright. My other 2 cup contenders didnt make the grade so I may try 1 more seed and see what happens.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200122_195046.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	368988Click image for larger version

Name:	20200122_195055.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	368989

Comment

More bondage tonight, took two leafs added more wire.
      Still watering everyday with full nutrient. Had one water only flush in the last 7 days. Still under the t5's
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200122_215325.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	368993
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200122_223845.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	368994Click image for larger version  Name:	20200122_215844.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	368995

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Well I’m way behind, but decided to participate with some good ole bag seed. Excited to see how everyone does.
        Current Grow:
        • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
        • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
        • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
        ​​​​Nutrients
        • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
        • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
        • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
        • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
        • Black Strap Molasses
        • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
        • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

Oh, Greenlivin my green livin' friend. Does it really matter what I have going on? I mean, really?
          This Solo cup grow off gave me so many ideas. I understand the big downside of this: Roots grow out and down so my cups won't get filled up with roots.
          In the end, I just want to see if I can do it. It's importance is close to the bottom of my list. I have a couple other black ops going on that will come out in a few days. Pro'lly this weekend for my weekly Solo and grow update.
          How small a container I can grow in? I figured out what might be the best ghetto hydro system. What non-conventional media can I use to sprout and grow with? The straws will give you a good idea. I'm still working on my zero-g grow. My head is positively scintillating with ideas! Hell! You must have missed the link below. Also, go back to page 9 on this post. Start at the top and scroll your way down.
          The first thing I did was make a loop in the stem a weekish ago. Picture 7 has the current condition of the loop. Today I noticed a hole in my 3 week old plant, through the stem. The young shoot was pinched and made the split. I put a piece of bamboo through the hole to open it up. Then another one above it. A razor blade
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• Greenlivin
            Greenlivin commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish I had some of those creative juices you got flowin’! I was just curious what the idea was behind the 4 cups. 4 different seeds? One seed and watch how the roots develop? This solo challenge does present a lot of different options. However, I’m gonna stick with a cup, a seed, some soil, and water. KISS. Good luck in your ever creative grows my man.

Jan 23rd Update before and after topping above the 3rd node.
          Attached Files
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

it was in the 40s yesterday so I decided to burn the stems from last years grow I had company while outside

The tank heaters came in so we will see if temp is good now, I spent a half hour trying to get the lights perfectly spaced,with the best travel distance,and height from the girls
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              I went down and checked res temp 68.4 ,I can live with that its way better than 51

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              Good looking Barred Rock you've got there.

Sister Glue - autoflower - is coming along nicely. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200124_095952.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	913.2 KB
ID:	369423Click image for larger version

Name:	20200124_095938.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	755.7 KB
ID:	369422Click image for larger version

Name:	20200124_095928.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	927.5 KB
ID:	369421
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Canuck147, How do you like the Vortex fan? I need to get a second one and it won't be another vivosun model.

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              What does that say for the rest of us Mr.furley?

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm growing a Dark devil Auto as well

heres my update she is just starting to get her 6th node when that comes in I will manifold her , then I will take a better picture ,I didn't want to move the feeding tube it was a bitch to get set in the cup lol

OH as you can see the tape over the label didn't work lol,I bought some extreme use markers that are not supposed to fade with uv light
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

And we’re off! Me and the kids got to watch as the seedling opened up and the “helmet” came off. Pretty cool.
              Current Grow:
              ​​​​Nutrients
              • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

I think Han would like a "six 'pacca" for his celebration.It's a birthday card I had to grab when I saw it. Little Han (what is the feminine for Han? Hun?) getting fitted for the torture device. Actually I flipped the tent to 12/12 on 1/14 but had timer issues so I'm calling the 12/12 as the 19th. Han was only 16 days above ground. I have two plants that were at day 86 of veg. Another quadlined and at 35 days. So I flipped the lights. Han put on two inches last night so I'm rethinking my plan. Being in stretch now, I'm going to have a short plant but hoping to get some nice branching pulled out and away.
                Last edited by OlderNOTwiser; 01-25-2020, 12:14 PM. Reason: Punctuation
                TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OlderNOTwiser you just gave me and idea with that ring setup for my own tent. You are wiser

• OlderNOTwiser
                  OlderNOTwiser commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just a selective pack rat. The big white foam thing is packing from a shop vac. It was in the trash by the road for pick up when the Solo challenge was announced. I walked right out and brought it inside to see what use I could put it to. The ring of torture may be too small for most plants but I'm hoping to win it all with the "cute and petite" vote.

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have built a shrine. All hail the solo cup! Nice looking setup and plant.

She is runty, and she is thin but she is mine, all mine :-)

From a seed found in the grinder. Not sure if she is SuperSilver, BlueCheese, GrandDaddyPurple, or GirlsScoutCookies. We were grinding up the lower larfy stuff that we just put all in one jar to cure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Solo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	369799

Comment

Day 23 and WW is moving along well. Like the auto drip so far. Set for twice a day but will start to move that up to 3 times or more as she grows and demands more.

Name:	20200125_205444.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	369942Click image for larger version

Name:	20200125_205451.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	369943

Comment

Today is day 26 for the Gorilla Glue. Havent done any training other than topping and clipping the bottom node off. Shes looking good for being in a solo cup lol.

Name:	20200126_141258-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	615.3 KB
ID:	370104

Name:	20200126_141252-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	706.1 KB
ID:	370105
                    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                      oldjarhead100 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      are you going to manifold her? I'm thinking about it the strain is real quick to go into bloom ,I'm expecting to see pistil this week so I dont know

• Doubledealing72
                      Doubledealing72 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm still debating on it, but I would like to!

3 days since we broke ground. Ended up removing the cfls and replaced with my LED on veg only just to see how they do.

Has anybody that’s done this type of grow (in a solo cup start to finish) trimmed the roots over time to avoid root balls/issues?
                    Current Grow:
                    ​​​​Nutrients
                    • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

• Canuck147
                      Canuck147 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm not touching my roots - it would be like trimming the ends of your toes that are overhanging your sandals.

• FunkyButtLovin
                      FunkyButtLovin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Your toes overhang your sandals? Is that a Canadian thing?

• Canuck147
                      Canuck147 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ever seen the size of Sasquatch?

Day 23 for the G14 and after a bit of back and forth with the voices between my ears I said screw it “off with her head”. It’s a bit on later side for topping but we’ll see how she reacts.
                    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's hard to resist.....just stopped myself..........for now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X