No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day 12 for the Gorilla Glue. She's shaping up nicely!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200112_144925-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	365616

Name:	20200112_144939-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	832.0 KB
ID:	365617

Name:	20200112_144929-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	365618
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      12 days out of the soil?

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, 12 days since seed was planted.

Three beans sprouted and went into rapid rooters this time instead of straight to soil. Hoping to be able to show pics of sprouts soon!

Comment

To update on the Four Solo Horsemen of the Apocalypse (FoSoHoApo).
      The straw seeds didn't sprout. The straws dried out pretty quick. Which is good. It gave me another idea.
      Plant seeds in straws as before. 8 using the paper wrappers from the straws. 8 in soil. All the paper seeds have sprouted nice healthy roots and are popping shells. I did a little digging in the soil straws to find the seeds. While the papers might have inch and a half to two inch overall length, the soils have millimeters. Curious.
      A few soil straws didn't make it for different reasons. I won't bother you with details. All the paper straws look great.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal I can grow a watermelon in a peanut shell. I can grow a carrot in a radish. I can grow tomatoes out of my armpits. Weed in a straw? Dope smoking child's play. Feel me?

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I bet you could grow a popsicle stick LOL

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal I have a gazillion seeds from unwanted pregnancies. I know at least half of their genetics. Mystery pollinator is an unknown. You cannot screw these up, and will germinate anywhere. If you need some let me know.

I just checked the Alaskan Purple cutting and it's still only showing lots of tiny barnacle like growth, still far from ready so I peeked into the Kentucky Fried Cloner and found this dagger coming out of a smaller Alaskan Purple cutting from Jan 1st. It looks like this is going to be my entry. It's time to get the cup ready...

Name:	20200112_191425.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	365782

Here's the one.

Name:	20200112_191539.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	365783

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Baby rooties! Very exciting! Go chicken cloner, go!

I'm off!
      The shells were popping off in the toweling chamber so I figger'd it a good time to go to soil. Cotyledons pecking their way out. I also figger'd it would be better to plant the sprouts with the cotyledons above the soil. But how with such a small thing?
      I'll tell you. I took a note from the straw planting I'm doing and wrapped the sprouts in coffee filters (I don't really have or use paper towels) around the roots, up to the coty's. The wrap got sunk with the coty's above soil. H2O2 spray for the first.
      From experience, I was expecting longer tap roots before breaking out. Fool me once...
      I'm posting this to my first auto grow in 'The Great Auto Showdown. Same-same with everything except pictures that look the same but aren't except for the one with the sprouts.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• dropinbiking
        dropinbiking commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree interesting .Where did you come up with the idea

I've been itching to get the cup going and I was worried the spike root might get too long and get injured going in the hole so I went ahead and planted her tonight. It's not complete but it will do to get started. Here's my official entry. Alaskan Purple by Seedsman, cut on 1/1/2020. It's now in the tent under the 600w MH with her mother and aunts.

Name:	20200112_201720.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	365821

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        That's quite the rig!

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't sure what to do, I didn't think I could make it in a plain cup standing upright so I decided to flip the cup to offer the roots more room then dug around in some junk and found this crap lol. The long ends of those 3 zip ties have been trimmed off and when/if she grows I will fill the basket with pebbles to add weight and then tie guy wires from the top of the cup down to the basket. The cup weighs about 3 lbs or so and is weighted on the bottom so it's already very sturdy.

The auto seedlings have been growing at a glacially slow pace. Putting out second nodes, but still very tiny.. Super Dense in Coco is a little stretched, but not badly.

The first of the graduates from the clone along is cupped. Mango was cut on New Years Morning, dipped in aloe and poked into a bio rooter, kept wet in a humidity tray. A tiny root came out of the end yesterday, and I originally was going to put her in a bucket to see how different hydro Mango is from soil. But this clone was so pretty and perfect for a solo cup, I had to do it.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good Dingus

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time I see the term dingus I am reminded of Samuel Jackson's lines in the Hateful Eight. He was great in that, and Pulp Fiction. I will not post the link to the clip on youtube as I might get kicked off of the forum, but it is there. Just do a search for big black dingus.
        Last edited by starramus; 01-13-2020, 09:47 AM.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 The aloe is for dipping clone stems into, not seeds. The hotdog buns trick is for seeds. With the clone,. that's the root coming out of the rooter after 11 days, ready to be planted in soil or media.

Thanks Budgal and starramus, HAHA I hadn't made that connection. Not what I was thinking, but I love double entendre.

so I found this volunteer ,sorry soorbudgal ,wonder what strain she is and I wonder where the hell she came from lol I think I'll find out lol

in my search for a way to reclaim alcohol I came across a slow cooker with latches on the cover so I bought it and while testing how hot it got I put a red solo cup in water with my thermometer in the cup I went upstairs when the temp was 140 and came back to this with water boiling lol
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        starramus "all asset classes are insanely inflated" Even the weed stocks? Lol-yes. But...I'd argue the midstream pipeline MLP's are still attractive, especially if one is looking for yield. Some have even restructured into C-corps, no K-1 filings to deal with.

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there any adult supervision ?

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        he was left alone, and unsupervised

oldjarhead100 dropinbiking it goes back to the Four Solo Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The straws I was using directly into the cup didn't pan out for moisture and I'm sure trying to get them to grow horizontal was a negative. So I'm growing them vertical until the root gets to the bottom of the straw before sticking them into FoSoHoApo where they will continue to grow. Then I can train them out and up. The slits I cut in the straw will allow it to expand as the plant grows.
      And I have a lot of free time on my hands.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        hey if it works I found the idea very interesting where did you hear about it

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        A little like this oldjarhead100. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
        1. Solo cup challenge.
        2. Experimenting with growing in a Solo cup.
        3. Wondering how I can make my grow unique. Or innocently breaking rules.
        4. Dab.
        5. I was going to put two cups together, at first. Then this.
        6. Figuring out the straw sprouting and seeing how I can start a plant horizontal.
        7. Dab.

The bean has landed! Still gotta decorate and colour up my outer cup, I want to be able to hide the roots if need be. Open to suggestions for colours or patterns. I've got some blue metallic kicking around, or some neon green. I might have enough lava red to mix up something cool.

Name:	IMG_2247.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	365988

Comment

My alaskan purple seedlings are starting to push out a second set of leaves. In addition to my dwc solo cup, I figured I would do a solo cup with coco because well why not. The seedling in the coco looks like I torched it at some point but it seems to be ok now. Also with the coco seedling, I did notice that the second set of leaves looks like it's growing 2 pairs of leaves instead of 1 🤔. Maybe I'm mistaken?
        4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
        GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
        Second.Grow​​
        PC.Grow
        Grow.3
        4th.Grow
        I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          damn,it does look like it does Ive seen 3 way but not doubles

Here we are at Day 8 since she cracked off her helmet. She’s a little slow and mutated to start with a funky looking first set. All in all I went 2/4 with the almost 2 year old seeds from FastBuds. The girl down to the left is a GSC that I’m hand watering.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Got me a couple sets of Leafs from the 3/4 strength feeding, grown me some roots.

Name:	20200112_120731.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	366093
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            lol, Dingus....

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn Mr.furley That's a lot of elektric for one little plant. You must be overcharging your tenants!

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            starramus
            Thank you! Now it has a name.
            Introducing BUZZ OVERKILL

im still thinking of one of these runts for the challenge..their looking healthy but pokey as hell...both GG#4, and both struggled thru helmet head.The other three seedlings are growing well...i'll transplant them soon to 3 gal fiber pots for new grow. The Cheese i started has some issues...im still waiting for some leaves to push outta this mess Started giving them some nutes a minimal strength..
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

I have been watching this plant it was a regular seed and it had its 2 sets of leafs so I moved her over set up a heating pad with a thermostat to control temp then I mixed up 2 gallons of nutes with a little extra Nitrogen ,cut the lights down to 14 hours ,and left the box open to keep it a little cooler , I will do this until the 4th set of leafs come in then the sex should be influenced ,This should cause the seed to grow female ,worked last year but we will see
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X