Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we have helmet heads , so far so good
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

My white widow auto did not sprout yet. I've looked at it just a bit ago looks fine, humidity/heat fine. Here's what I did I took some root gel dropped a "drop" into a shot glass with ph water swirled it around dropped the seed in it let it rest at bottom for a little bit then put back into paper towel wet it with root hormone water sealed back up. I just don't know what the issue is all my seeds in current grow were late poppers, something i'm doing? I'd start more but my tent is over whelmed now. I wonder if I just should put it in the cup with it's dome on and just give it time there what do you think?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a 7 day rule with germination, I give it that long and toss them if they don't pop. Some seeds take a minute but the ones that take that long usually give me trouble. Do you use a glass of water the first day?

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure you need root hormone for your soak. I've always just used aerated, ph'd water.

I don't know how true this is in plants, but in animals, hormones work in very tiny concentrations, and in carefully timed phases of life. Often, too much hormone hurts. Perhaps the excess hormone is disrupting a cellular process that precedes root growth.

Or, it might just need more time.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        or it's just a BAD SEED unfortunately.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_142856.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	363062Mr.furley yes glass of water, then paper towel. Last time I had slow germination I put the seed back into water with a tiny swirl of root hormone it had cracked next day. So I thought i'd do it again on this one. I got a dilemma do I start a new seed or wait on this one? You guys I got space issue in my tent if I had to add 2more autos sayin if the slow one should crack I never chuck plants. Hmmm I need another day I hate given up on it.
      Last edited by SoOrbudgal; 01-04-2020, 05:42 PM.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Fingers are crossed for your little one SoOrbudgal
        I have the same problem with space, it influenced my decision on the number of cups. Only one cup for the grow but i did germ 2 seeds, I'm at a cross roads with too many mothers and need about three more weeks before axing some, I was hoping to have this done but that just hasn't happened yet.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to free up some space in bloom tent if I end up sprouting another freebie ww auto for the cup. I have what maybe 7 days on those 2 in bloom. If the slow seed doesn't crack i'll do another in 24hrs. I think that will give me 5 days to sprout a new one.

White Widow, non-feminized up (hope it's a girl, only WW I had left), and a feminized Amnesia Trance is just breaking through. Still no seeds I ordered for this.

Name:	Beer Cup Challenge, Week 1 1.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	362991Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer Cup Challenge, Week 1 2.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	362992

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
      2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
      2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
      2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• BaccaRacca
        BaccaRacca commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a technique called fertigation. It combines fertilization with irrigation (hence the name) in a soilless mixture. It's more used in mainstream greenhouses than in cannabis cultivation. Basically, instead of suspending the roots in water I suspend it in the perlite media and run my nutrient mix through the cup. I pushed my finger through the middle of the moistened perlite and filled the hole with peat moss in order to start the seeds. I hope to use frequent, short bursts of mix to feed the roots while keeping the outer pellets of perlite dry in order to discourage root growth outside the cup.

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        That is really cool. Do you expect to be able to get a "normal" harvest because you are able to deliver the food to the constrained root ball? For me "normal" in soil in a 10 gl smart pot is something like 75 grams + or - 10 grams.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        That's how we did trees & shrubs at the nursery too. 👍

Good year growing! We have a couple of seedlings above ground! Great White Shark Auto and SuperDense Auto from New420Guy, thanks to SoOrbudgal . (BTW New420Guy is completely out of auto seeds! and ran out of SuperDense before he filled my order).

Also for submission for the clone along: several cuts each of Holy Grail Kush, Mango, and BigBud, each in different preparations-BioRooters, JiffyPellets, and tiny cuttings in cups of mushroom compost or seedling mix.

I also made a bubble bucket, but I was out of neoprene collars, but I did have a carton of 2 inch net cups. I filled a few with perlite, hydroton pellets, and rockwool cubes. The bubbles are splattering and keeping the outsides of the grow cups wet, moistening the medium inside.

So far, none of the cuttings have fallen over dead.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

3 BOG, Walter White both up with the WW having helmet head. BearyWx3BOG was last to pop and so about a day behind the others. Due to a work injury I will be home enough to water them at least a couple times a day. May the best plant win.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200104_204133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	363122

Comment

One nice thing about using rapid rooters is ease of exhuming the body. new420guy seed did not pop, and should have after this length of time. this will be the 5th disappointing seed out of 7. not good odds at all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0293.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	363155Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0292.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	363156Click image for larger version  Name:	death's head for empire.jpg Views:	0 Size:	720.5 KB ID:	363157 Death is pregnant!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeez starramus I'm sorry that you've had bad luck with Pauls seeds, Iv seen you try and can't figure it out? Iv had really great results with them and have confidence in your ability to get it done so im torn. Iv had them germinating fast, growing good, flowering well with good yields. Not every plant is a first place cup winner but I've got some great smoke with minimal problems, Iv had Hungary for nutes, doesn't like high low Temps, found a seed, doesn't train well but none of what you've gone through. Contact him and see what's up, I'd be interested to know..

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          My WW auto shows no signs of popping this a.m. it's been at least 4 days in towel. I went ahead stuck it in the cup put a dome on it let it sit and think. I'm not starting another my tent won't take it in a month with all the others in there. If this seed for some crazy reason decides to grow i'm in the cup game otherwise i'm sitting on the sideline coaching LOL

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr.furley This is the first of Paul's seeds that did not germinate. Most have had Great Balls of Fire. I did contact him about the "feminized seeds" that turned out to be males, which he stated he would replace, but nothing ever showed. That occurred February 2019 so this seed was about a year old from the time of my receipt. It appears SoOrbudgal has one of his old seeds as well. I'm OK with it. Everybody's got their problems.

Houston, we have lift off (sort of lol)

Name:	20200105_041648-1209x1612.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	686.1 KB
ID:	363160
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a little helmet head showing through the soil - good times on day 5!

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah! She finally popped through when I checked in at 3PM today. Tiny one so far! Lol

Any way to get a tally as to who is in? My White Widow cracked quickly but was slow to show after. Even now it is very slow going. Hoping it will punch through.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal
          FunkyButtLovin thank you.
          There is no cut off date to get started,
          Cup Judging will begin around 4/10/2020 if you are going to compete

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok that is what I thought, I was just making sure. SoOrbudgal had me worried.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal my order already arrived! Holy Moly!

So I have auto seeds if you need them to hurry up and get back in on this. They were out of Great White Shark and Super Dense, so he sent extra of the Pure Haze Auto fem along with my Sour 60 regulars. I can bring these with me to the office tomorrow if you want to come get them or peruse the rest of my seed stash.

Also my clones from the clone along are starting to actually get a little bigger, although roots are not yet visible out of the net cups or rooters. I have extras that I cut on New Years morning and should be ready to "cup" soon.

I think it's been 3 days. All 3 are still upright. So that's good
        Attached Files
        I bet Bob Marley's mansion
        has a garden in the back
        Where he's growing something special
        Some celestial homemade hash
        we'll sit down on his front porch
        And listen to the angels band
        Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

We have sprouts in cups!

With all the crazy Rube Goldberg Solo Cup feeders we had going on, I thought I would go the other way and trying to find the simplest version of the most "traditional?" methods. But for me, this is about re-trying some of things I did early on.

When Great White Auto poked her head out of a jiffy pellet yesterday, she went into straight Ocean Forest, no additional perlite. I want to see if it really will burn a seedling.

SuperDense Auto is in a biorooter went into coco and perlite, and will be a drain to waste. I haven't decided whether I'm going to feed her bottled nutes or MegaCrop. Wanting to go "old fashioned hydro" leans me in the 3 bottle set. I can use MegaCrop on the other one when she gets hungry.

Of course, they might not make it that far...

Comment

I'm on the up and up

Name:	20200105_020105.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	363292

Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-05-2020, 02:14 PM. Reason: Wrong picture
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

FastBuds G-14 is officially poking her head out to get some light.

My setup for this challenge is as follows.

2x2x3 tent
              HLG-65/4K on a 20/4 light schedule
              18 oz. Solo cup filled 75% with straight perlite 25% with a 50/50 coco perlite mix.
              Autofeed set for 5 minutes on every 6 hours.
              EC is .6
              pH is 5.9
              Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Neck and neck with the pack, I don't know that my clone will live .... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200105_184102.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	363483
                *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
                ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
                *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
                *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
                You never know when you might need a little C4

Comment

By the way, it appears so many of us GWErs placing orders for this solo challenge may have helped clean New420Guy out of auto seeds.

I got most of my order on the way, but Paul had to email me to let me know that I am not going to get the SuperDense Auto seeds that I ordered, but would send the more of something else I had chosen instead. I'm looking forward to seeing Paul's customer service, he sure gets a lot of love here. He got the cash I sent in 2 days, and my order should be here tomorrow- faster than ordering through the EU or Canada.

Sorry, SoOrbudgal if SuperDense was one you were really looking forward to starting next. I do have other autos coming, as well as whatever freebies and photos, and hopefully CLONES!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh no Dingus I was just going to use the freebie WW auto Paul sent with my order. Yes I went to his web site cause I got email from them about a strain i'd been waiting for is in. He's wiped out for sure. It's great that we can get them quickly easy transactions. I'm trying to talk myself into starting another seed for the cup I've got more auto seeds of WW. Dingus no worries at all I've got seeds a plenty for now. And my tent is so full of vegging autos and photos has me busy, I just love it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X