Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    When you say submitted..is that chopped and weighed? just for clarification.

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    psssst..@Mr.furley...what is he saying..?

• Mr.furley
    replied
    We will just leave it the way it was written.

2) Your Plant must be grown between January 1st 2020 and all enters for competition need to be "submitted" by April 10th 2020.

besides Greenlivin dry weight isnt the only factor

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...792#post341792

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    I think this make the most sense, let do this!

• homegrown
    replied
    I have to agree with billyboy,@NickyChicks, Mr.furley and possilby Farmall in the next post but i have no idea what hes trying to say..lol. We should stick to the original parameters. I dont think anyone got a head start or upper hand, because nobody ever tried to harvest a weed plant out of a solo cup. And i think it was a great learning experience for all who have entered. Im pretty sure we all could have done something a little different(or wished we did). I should have picked a seed that had a shorter grow/flower time.(DUH) Plus i think the next solo grow should be exactly the same..we've tried it once..now lets see what everybody can do after the first experiment!

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    Something like veni-vidi-vici. Or is it weedi-widi weedy

Leave a comment:

• billyboy
    replied
    My $0.02 is the rules are the rules and we all knew them going in. Keep the 4/10 deadline. If I had not fried my seedlings I'd be on time. But I fried my seedlings - so I am not. Next time I had better not put my seedlings under the 600W MH so fast :-)

If I decide not to enter to have better smoke then that is my choice too. I will harvest no weeds before its time!
    Last edited by billyboy; 03-26-2020, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    You make valid points Mr. Furley and NickyChicks.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Even though I don't think either of my solos are going to finish in time I think the deadline should remain 4/10. I think the 100 day start to finish makes the solo cup challenge more interesting and it brings one more control into everyone's grows. other than cup size, keeping the roots contained and a deadline, the rules were super flexible. It also might make it more fun if we were to do it again with the same exact rules.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Mr Furley, As you basically set the stage for this friendly comp I am fine with whatever you and the judges decide. Keeping it open a bit longer so plants fully finish is ok by me. As photos tend to take longer to reach maturity they could be in a semi separate category. But I am also fine with majority votes.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    I believe it was a 100 day challenge.

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    I plan on entering my plant at whatever stage it is at.

I am always open to suggestions but the idea of a start and finish date competition is to be fair to all with no favoritism, some peeps are already done and waiting.

I am listening.

• Greenlivin
    replied
    So....what are people’s thoughts on stretching the deadline another week? It sounds like there’s a few of us that are cutting it close.

Leave a comment:

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    John I’m the same way with a bit of OCD. I probably spend way too much time with the plants, but at least I can catch any issues early on! I’m into the end of my second grow. No photos this time except my solo contender. With a 2x2 tent I had to get strains that would grow short. So I’m hoping it still produces a decent amount. I think next time around I’ll try just one plant (a photo) in the tent, and let that thing get super bushy. Instead of cramming three plants into the tent.

• billyboy
    commented on 's reply
    Just placed my first Seedsman order and now I have to check out Mephisto Genetics. So many strains, so little room in the tents :-)

Great grow JohnE!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X