Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    I would be more concerned about the rot then the bound. How of do you water?

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the tip OJH.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    try giving them a bath in hydro guard, if the roots were bigger I would say to give it a try but I dont think it would work on a solo cup

• Greenlivin
    replied
    Well, it happened. Good things always come to an end.(just kidding)

I noticed my solo was drinking less and less water. So I tried to dry it out. Then I started noticing symptoms working their way from the top down. Thought maybe too close to the light, but that didn’t help. Today I pulled up the entire root ball with soil in one piece to get a look at the roots, and sure enough they are brown and extremely tight-knit. No room for oxygen.

I should have about two weeks to go before harvest time. Hoping to make it across the finish line with some decent bud.

Question for everyone: have you ever had root bound and root rot and pruned the roots to actually fix the problem? I hate to see it die a slow death after having such a good run.
    Last edited by Greenlivin; 03-24-2020, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Greenlivin
    commented on 's reply
    Nicely done John. That’s a hell of a harvest out of a solo.Whats funny is I got ten grams less from three plants on my first grow. Oh, and they were in 3g Pots. Lol.
    Last edited by Greenlivin; 03-24-2020, 10:52 AM.

• Billyblastafuc
    commented on 's reply
    Lol maybe! I don’t think it’s actually a bug, just funny it looks like one. At first I was wondering if I got my animal cookies and purple passion seeds mixed. Guess I’ll have to wait and see. This lady gets wilder everyday, my other lady is still getting taller (2 ft and counting) and only has 2 pistils. Started on the same day. So, trying to get that worked out. Lol

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    I have another 25 or so beans from Mephisto. Looking forward to some great grows in the near future.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    Man I've gotta get some Mephisto in my life.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    oldjarhead100 it was so sunny yesterday I couldn't help myself but to bring them outside to get a nice pic. Unfortunately it wasnt even 50°F so their trip outside was short lived

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    musta tried to eat a tric and got stuck lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    looking great so far I love seeing plants outside so early Well for us anyway

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Final dry weight for Walter White. at 56% RH,
    50.21 grams or close to 1 3/4 oz.
    Buds are not super dense but smell strong and look great.

Late edit but sampled a small bud and with only 2 puffs and that was more then enough for me. No coughing, slight spicey taste with some sharp edge to it but it has yet to be cured. Sticky and full of resin. Will post some bud shots later if I remember.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200322_213844_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	352.9 KB ID:	386880
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 03-23-2020, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Billyblastafuc
    replied
    So just a few pics to update, starting to see a little more every day. Not sure how this will translate to yield, but it looks pretty. In the top cola, there’s a little blackish purple bit. Looks like a dead fly in cobwebs. Not sure what it is or what it’ll be, just along for the ride.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    My Alaskan Purple photo in a 3Gal is almost done, I'll try to remember to take pics when the lights come on in a few hours. It was a breeze to grow but I would have liked to see a bit more yield. I reckon any lack of yield is mostly my fault though.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Greenlivin these solo cup girls are part of my first grow. I definitely want to grow it in a full size container one day. I don't have much to compare to other than my other plants that I'm currently growing but I would say its been easy to grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X