• Show
Clear All

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Here's a find in the Japanese Maple.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Dealing with the critters here. Mantids seem to be keeping things in check, I've noticed they're roaming the entire plants. Only the second time I've found a leaf like this. Whatever critter it is, it creates a web and folds the leaf in on itself for its larvae.

With the mantids getting larger, and the new batch not hatched, their food source will be changing over the coming weeks. Its getting hot, so I assume I'll be dealing with this more. My idea is purchasing 2-3x the normal ladybugs, as well as some neem oil. It appears the nursery I go to does not (want to?) order Lacewings. I assume they would have to create a larger order than simply me to turn a profit. Thankfully we live in a day and age anything can be found on the internet.

For those curious about lacewings, it's the larval stage that are "voracious eaters". Sorry about the poor quality photos, didn't check and had thought they looked better 🤦*♂️.

*Edit Addition*
    Would you believe me if I did one google search and came up with "Leafroller"?
    Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 07-25-2019, 07:33 PM. Reason: I'll never tell!

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Couple of shots from this morning. It's starting to heat up in the afternoons, summer is actually here now I guess 🤷‍♂️. Time to invest in a misting fan, hit the high 80's yesterday.

Surprisingly, there's a fourth Mantis that has shown up. Found them last night on Strawberry Diesel, hunting another beneficial predator, a lacewing (which I haven't bought yet!).

WW#3, the most defoliated/trimmed of the bunch is progressing into flower at a faster pace than the others. Considering trimming a tiny bit more next week on the others. No fan leaves, just younger branches that will be trapped well inside the canopies.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Magnificent guardcat of the garden.

• HappyDaze
    commented on 's reply
    That's hilarious, Nala looks very content...always nice to have company in the garden.

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Nutrients made difficult. Brought to you by Meesta's cat Nala.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    BudGal, I wish you had a smart phone and could share! Haha. Fun being out around that time, little stinkier than the rest of the day 😋.

It's good to starve them during the final few weeks of flower, I plan on doing exactly the same..maybe nixing the other nutes and then using FF Bembe before going to straight H20 w/ molasses.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Well yours are showing hairs sooner than mine here in So Or. I've been out at 6am before going to work putting Flora Nova bloom on my 2 autos that are stinking up full on blooming have maybe 3wks left on them, this will be last bloom feed rest will be straight H20&unsulverated molasses. I like to starve them but that's my way. My photos are fish/guano and kelp meal teas every other watering. I'm doing full out run off on all feed and waterings. No yellowing yet on bottom of plant leafs. Great growing Meesta

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Giddy is good. Cannabis loves human joy.

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    I'm getting giddy just watching here. Thought I'd share.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    You're correct in that train of thought, the female will bite the head off during mating I believe. I'm really happy with how it's turning out, I had thought I would have made more mistakes along the way!

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    I should have one by now..so far I've called them all "little ones". Gotta brainstorm! Haha

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Very sweet. Got a name?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Cute little fella or gal. Hmmm I hear they eat the male after mating not real grateful are they? Your garden looks great don't you just love this gardening addiction? Those are going to be some big plants I bet they'd be over 6ft now if you'd not trained them. Very healthy grow and now you've done switched up the nutes abit mine are not quite there yet but it's days away. Just lovely

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Update on the mantids.

So, as I kinda expected, there's I think one per large WW. One may rotate between the two on the table. Taking pictures can be difficult, they are more wary and agile now...I'm sure due to the fact that it must have been battle royale/survival of the fittest for a few weeks. They are cannibals after all. I mist very lightly, and from a distance, in the afternoon to give them a drink. I've fed (placed food for) one of them twice, he is slightly larger and in the first picture.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X